What happened to the anti racist PC brigades back home?

Tingtong2mut

4 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

bats were a delicacy - poor people were not eating them!!

anyways i heard the PC brigade was busy trying to get the Spanish Flu renamed - apparently it was messing with their anti-orange man agenda

nothing better to do - as my mother would say

Years ago had a rich Singaporean Chinese friend who said in the 70's she was taken by her parents to a restaurant in HK, and the expensive delicacy served up was elephant trunk!

Edited by Orton Rd

54 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

One country is spreading it on purpose in the name of Islam, the other one has a significantly older population to the rest

Might not be as daft as it sounds, the Quran says those who die by the plague become martyrs , can't be bothered to find the quote but it's not just blowing people up that gets them into heaven, drowning is another way

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tingtong2mut said:

One thing I do know for sure. The meek shall inherit the earth may well and truly come to bare. The people who are going to suffer the most are the wealthy and in turn will have the most to lose. Those with nothing will carry on and survive as they always have.

How do you know that for sure , do you have any links or facts .

Just asking ...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Airalee said:

I don’t whine about (or hate) Thailand.  But if it bothers you so much that others do...why are you here?  Perhaps you should search out a more positive environment.

YOU may not do . But in terms of those  who  make  comment  there is a definite element tolerated.

And often by people who for whatever reason  have departed  but insist on using the platform to reveal their personal grudges .

• Like 2

OP... why do you term it the  anti racist pc  brigades? Is  racism acceptable?

I have difficulties with some of the habits of  some cultures but which I have witnessed  in many  races.

People of the same race who grow up to live in a different culture do not  display same  habits.

It is not  a matter of  race. It is  a matter of cultural norms. Is there one that is perfect? is it  one  that that is openly racist?

3 hours ago, potless said:

I dont know about Iran but Italy has thousands of Chinese working in textiles in northern Italy. Have a Google "Chinese factories in Italy" or something like that. The time scale fits the bill in relation to the Chinese new year with workers going home to China and then returning to Europe.

I think you might have gotten your timeline wrong. Italy banned flights from China on Jan 31, long before the workers would have returned to Italy. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davekeating/2020/03/12/italy-banned-flights-from-china-before-americait-didnt-work/#382605d4481b

57 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Years ago had a rich Singaporean Chinese friend who said in the 70's she was taken by her parents to a restaurant in HK, and the expensive delicacy served up was elephant trunk!

555  I used to eat elephant meet regularly when I was in Congo ... a bit like eating an old boot ... 

2 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

One country is spreading it on purpose in the name of Islam, the other one has a significantly older population to the rest

really?  i'd like to read about that if you've got a link.

i was under the impression these were just really super religious people who demanded to get into the sacred shrines, nothing about "spreading on purpose."

we certainly don't claim that christian cult in south korea, where the leaders told their followers not to report symptoms, was spreading it intentionally in the name of christ.

that's the kind of talk i'd expect from a certain health minister.....

Edited by ChouDoufu

3 hours ago, Airalee said:

I don’t whine about (or hate) Thailand.  But if it bothers you so much that others do...why are you here?  Perhaps you should search out a more positive environment.

Like what?

• Haha 1

Yeah this pandemic situation has brought out the worst in people and governments worldwide. Right now I'm concerned about a possible racist backlash against farang (or foreigners in general) in Thailand, though so far, everything has been OK.

I hear it's quite bad in Vietnam though...lots of foreigners are getting nasty comments directed their way and many hotels and businesses refuse to host/serve westerners.

Thailand has had a couple of incidents but not to the extent of Vietnam.

Now is not a good time to be a minority anywhere in the world, but at least in the west, businesses can't deny service based on race or ethnicity, while due to multiculturalism, there are large communities of people from different parts of the world. In countries like Thailand westerners are scattered loosely in a few areas but we don't have much of a support network.

I wish ALL countries will eventually adopt multiculturalism for their own good...by force if necessary.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, justin case said:

look up ITALY corona virus : it came and started from 2 chinese tourists

Although the genetic relationships among sampled viruses are quite clear, there is considerable uncertainty surrounding estimates of transmission dates and in reconstruction of geographic spread. Please be aware that specific inferred transmission patterns are only a hypothesis

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Western greed is to blame for the rise of the commies. West should never have agreed to use China's cheap slave labor. They had enough Mexicans and former East block countries nearby to avoid it.

Very racist.

Empires come and go.

It's time for you to spread manure, attach the plow

to your own back ...and plow the field.
New rulers need soy, wheat and corn.

Edited by marqus12
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

there is no need for trump to use terms like "china virus" or "wuflu" when we have the perfectly useful "covid 19" to use.

trump is just being trump.  ask sleepy joe or mini mike or crooked hillary, or gosh, any of the hundreds on this list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nicknames_used_by_Donald_Trump

it's kinda fun at campaign rallies i suppose, fires up the base and all.  not sure now is the time though.....

well he is trying to be more inclusive, so hes copying CNN and MSNBC, theu use the termuntil Trump did, then its no good.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

trump is trying to deflect attention from himself and the fact that only a few days was telling us not to worry and go about our lives normally, or the fact that he was warned by the intelligence community months ago and did nothing, and direct it towards China. 

and the moron followers of the moron leader are eating it all up. 

That man will get his, and yes  he is doing his best to deflect. BUT, here's the bigger issue: We allowed our critical care capacity  to be   destroyed and are dependent upon China to give us critical care equipment. Most of our masks, our personal protection equipment, our basic medical equipment comes from China. Let the  fear and  loathing of China increase. It will be needed to convince countries to repatriate the critical care capacity.

It is inexcusable that we have such a dependency upon China and India for our pharmaceuticals. It is criminal that our governments allowed our intellectual capital to be sold off, and our critical security apparatus to be contracted out. Now we are very much dependent upon China for help.  

People should be scared. Now they need to support rebuilding our critical care capacity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said:
6 hours ago, potless said:

I dont know about Iran but Italy has thousands of Chinese working in textiles in northern Italy. Have a Google "Chinese factories in Italy" or something like that. The time scale fits the bill in relation to the Chinese new year with workers going home to China and then returning to Europe.

I think you might have gotten your timeline wrong. Italy banned flights from China on Jan 31, long before the workers would have returned to Italy. 

Chinese new year fell on the 25th January. Some may have left and already returned before a ban came into effect. Shift patterns etc. Your point and link is noted thanks. The timeline would certainly fit other European countries.

Edited by potless
added something

11 hours ago, sirineou said:

trump is trying to deflect attention from himself and the fact that only a few days was telling us not to worry and go about our lives normally, or the fact that he was warned by the intelligence community months ago and did nothing, and direct it towards China. 

and the moron followers of the moron leader are eating it all up. 

Until maybe 10 days go he kept saying it's not real, it's a Chinese hoax, such ignorance, dangerous ignorance. 

8 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Man, I bet you got plenty of stuff made in China,

probably even yer underpants, you cant get away

from 'em mate.

Confucius says, 'man with one chopstick go hungry'.

I bought condoms made in China and they are way too small.

I guess the girls are right:)

Edited by bkk6060
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mavideol said:

can't figure out your point, what are you trying to say? and btw, did you ever order/eat Chinese food or did you call it something else

What do you call a Chinese Restaurant in China?

A Restaurant 5555555

• Confused 1