How to fix a pull-up bar

Tayaout

I want to install a pull-up bar in a brick wall. I did use plastic anchor for smaller screw in the past. I'm not sure if they exist for the size I need, if there is some kind of silicone that can be used or if it can work by simply drilling the correct sized size hole. 

IMG_20200323_085240.jpg

OK.  So you should have 8 wall anchors with screw.  Follow the measurements and drill the 4 holes for each bracket using 10mm masonry drill.  Insert the anchors and hopefully just needing a hammer tap to make flush to the wall.  If too loose, they will just come out.  Maybe just do one hole to start and make sure you got it right.

OK?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

Just to add... avoid placing the brackets on a lintel as you are likely to run into rebar and there's no way you will be drilling through that.  You will probably need hammer action though.

Thanks, I should be good now. I worked for a short period of time building home but I only have experience with wood and steel. I do have 2 drills with the hammer action. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have the exact same product, but it doesn't stay fastened to my concrete wall very well at all. It's almost as if the concrete inside just crumbled away and the bloody thing gets looser and looser every time weight is applied. 

How did yours turn out?

The expanding doorway pullup bars work well if you have a fairly robust doorframe that matches the width of the one you get (eg 60-100, 80-130 or 100-150cm) and don't want to use a very wide grip.

Mine came with two fittings like mini doorstops for screwing into the door frame. They're supposed to fit into little depressions in the pads at either end, but I tried it without them & it holds my weight (~72kg ?) fine. I imagine it may discolour/scuff the frame over time, but it'll be pretty high up, so not really noticeable.