Qatar Airways Bangkok to Cardiff

Tim16

I was due to fly home on 1st April Qatar Airways Bangkok to Cardiff. - I have not received any communication from Qatar so I thought everything was ok. Started to get worried with all the news about flight cancellations  - checked the Qatar web site which gave a link to check your flight status, problem was that it only gave information for the next 5 days, so I was none the wiser! On the Qatar web site it said " If you have booked your ticket though a travel agent, please contact your travel agent to amend your booking ". I had booked through Opodo, so I called them to see if they had any information. Over 1 hour on hold and then cut off. In the end I called Qatar direct. I was informed that my flight on !st April had been cancelled! She informed me that the last flight  Bangkok Cardiff was on 30th March. She managed to book me on the 30th March flight. So this is a warning to anyone due to fly with Qatar to Cardiff. 

8 minutes ago, Tim16 said:

So this is a warning to anyone due to fly with Qatar to Cardiff. 

It's another warning for ALL who want to leave Thailand within the next weeks (at least).

Grounding news from misc. airlines pile up (Emirates, Lufthansa/Swiss/Austrian, BA and others).

This week might be last chance to get out by air for many.
Thai Airways might be the last one to close down?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

It's another warning for ALL who want to leave Thailand within the next weeks (at least).

Grounding news from misc. airlines pile up (Emirates, Lufthansa/Swiss/Austrian, BA and others).

This week might be last chance to get out by air for many.
Thai Airways might be the last one to close down?

Singapore Airlines has just announced the cancellation of (I think) 96% of its flights through to the end of April 2010