Want to rent a condo now? Think again

Chazar

Wife  reports  many buildings  now wont let  new tenants  move in without a  test for covid they're only interested in FOREIGN tenants...........what next wear  a star of david to identify yourself. disgraceful behaviour

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 5

54 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Sounds like a good policy to me as much testing that can be proven

for anyone here, the better.

really ,so if  youre a  Thai renter they dont check because as we  all  know the bulk of  infections are the feelthy foreigner right, and when  friends come to move in with you they wont be checked either if they are Thai....yeah that  all makes SO  much sense

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

Maybe theres rumour that the Government may follow other countries leads and make landlords offer a  2 month moratorium on rent ?

Nah , doubt that would happen - lots of members of The Government are big time landlords themselves...

Maybe this is something somebodies wife just said ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zaZa9 said:

Maybe theres rumour that the Government may follow other countries leads and make landlords offer a  2 month moratorium on rent ?

Nah , doubt that would happen - lots of members of The Government are big time landlords themselves...

Some places like Seattle have banned evictions till the Corona is over how ever long that might be...

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

You're fabricating a farang  imaginary scenario and then questioning the sense  of Thais? At least base your mindless Thai bashing on something you haven't  concocted..

you are  totally  clueless, wife works  in real estate and this is  now  happening in Bangkok......... try asking THE BEST Condo in Sukhumvit if  they have any condos then tell em your a  foreigner

• Haha 1

Seems strange, I can't buy a rice cooker or mug in Makro as it's blocked off by law as it's not essential...yet can walk in a real estate office, sit in their car and wonder round a condo with owners there....mind boggles

• Like 2

My niece in Colorado is  leasing  agent and her company has shut off any new apartment rentals.   I guess it's hard to judge  employment stability and maybe worry about free rent rules. 

5 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

You're fabricating a farang  imaginary scenario and then questioning the sense  of Thais? At least base your mindless Thai bashing on something you haven't  concocted..

Yes but his wife told him so it wasn't him who fabricated it, he just relayed this unproven

policy on the interweb ????????

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Seems strange, I can't buy a rice cooker or mug in Makro as it's blocked off by law as it's not essential...yet can walk in a real estate office, sit in their car and wonder round a condo with owners there....mind boggles

Not in Bangkok you can't, haven't you heard, farangs not welcome.

Pay attention!!

1 hour ago, fuzzie said:

Well they can rent mine, with or without, Test

not  if  the  office  says no which  is  what  is  happening in  some condos  and  getting  more  frequent  according to  her  other  agent  friends,  shes  already  lost  two  customers  due  to  this..............no  Thais  checked only foreigners, Ill see if  i can find a photo or some more "proof"  for the doubters.

2 hours ago, natway09 said:

Our Juristic Committee have banned owners from reletting if tenants move out until further notice. Great idea. Think about it

nah youre  fabricating it or your wife partner/dog  is

Tree Luxe  Condo sukhumvit 52 and My Condo Sukhumvit 52 both doing this now...............feel free to go there and try get a room.............office  has decided  this, its  not a mandate from the govt and its  happening at others  too.

7 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

Yes somebodies wife A Nut In, #dirtyforeigner

On 3/25/2020 at 8:02 PM, Chazar said:

really ,so if  youre a  Thai renter they dont check because as we  all  know the bulk of  infections are the feelthy foreigner right, and when  friends come to move in with you they wont be checked either if they are Thai....yeah that  all makes SO  much sense

Correction filthy Chinese. This post l ignore. Office jurustic no power to dictate medical 

Edited by tomauasia