bank

essox essox

Went ro SCB this afternoon, beach road Jomtien 3,10 pm.

To get inside one has to walk up many steps to get to the first floor entrance.

Once at the top there was security guard.....he sanitised my hands. Then a Manager type lady said "have you got face mask??" 

I said No and was refused entry into the bank, anyone else had this problem ???

On leaving, rather annoyed, I noticed Thai man inside NOT WEARING a mask. Do not know if he wore one to get in !!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, essox essox said:

you are missing my point, WHICH is how the heck did I know that one has to wear a mask to get INTO THAT BANK ?????!!!!

Ah, the old ignorance plea? Were they supposed to send you an SMS? 

Is there a sign in Thai perhaps?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Ah, the old ignorance plea? Were they supposed to send you an SMS? 

Is there a sign in Thai perhaps?

no signs....I do not have an account there so WHY WOULD I EXPECT AN SMS ???? 

YOU are try/and are being very clever, ARE YOU NOT ???

Just now, essox essox said:

i said he was sat there NOT wearing a MASK inside the bank....what he did after I left I DO NOT KNOW...

Maybe they could not understand you, if you spoke in proper English might have been different.

Most people cannot understand broad Yorkshire anyway.:cheesy:????:cheesy:????:cheesy:????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, essox essox said:

no signs....I do not have an account there so WHY WOULD I EXPECT AN SMS ???? 

YOU are try/and are being very clever, ARE YOU NOT ???

Actually I am just surprised you are not getting used to this idea of isolation and wearing face-masks that is going around now. These bank tellers face large numbers of people each day and need the protection..... I saw on Thai TV yesterday a place was keeping their distance using fishing nets and poles to pass books/ cash etc back and forth. 

I have chucked a few masks under the motorcycle seat and the truck glove box to help my memory. 

Thanks for the heads up though. 

With the numbers currently coming out of Italy, Spain, USA, UK they likely regard us all as high risk. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

the bank is correct in refusing you entry, why should others be put at risk of catching something just because of one self centered inconsiderate person.

With the greatest of respect, whilst I'm sure your comment is based on your own medical/scientific knowledge, the World Health Organisation seem to take a different view.
They might appreciate being put right, maybe you could drop them a line. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, thonglorjimmy said:

With the greatest of respect, whilst I'm sure your comment is based on your own medical/scientific knowledge, the World Health Organisation seem to take a different view.
They might appreciate being put right, maybe you could drop them a line. 

Indeed the WHO are advising that you should only wear a mask if you are ill with COVID-19 symptoms (especially coughing) or looking after someone who may have COVID-19. Disposable face mask can only be used once.

If you are not ill or looking after someone who is ill then you are wasting a mask. There is a world-wide shortage of masks, so the WHO urges people to use masks wisely, they advise the rational use of medical masks to avoid unnecessary wastage of precious resources and mis-use of masks.
I mentioned this to my doctor last week when I was undergoing a regular consultation, he confirmed the advice given by the WHO but added that it's sometimes best to wear one rather than upset the uniformed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Maybe they could not understand you, if you spoke in proper English might have been different.

Most people cannot understand broad Yorkshire anyway.:cheesy:????:cheesy:????:cheesy:????

I can, but then I am from Sheffield ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, essox essox said:

you are missing my point, WHICH is how the heck did I know that one has to wear a mask to get INTO THAT BANK ?????!!!!

You are missing the point, WHICH is how the heck did you not know to carry a mask all the time. Just in case...

I don't see the point in wearing one either but you are swimming upstream...

Edited by VocalNeal

Oh, maybe you got there just after the new mask policy. Or maybe the Thai man opened up a little bag showing a million baht for deposit. Enough with the usual victimism.

Fact is, nowadays in Thailand you need at least to carry a mask with you to wear as required. Effective, not effective, doesn't matter. Fortunately posters here don't need masks to protect themselves against all the hot air generated about the masks. For that we got the ignore button or the option of just reading the first post in the thread.

2 hours ago, essox essox said:

We all understand your point, it's a new requirement it seems same as Makro, anyway no need to get so excited about it

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

We all understand your point, it's a new requirement it seems same as Makro, anyway no need to get so excited about it

i was also trying to tell people to be aware of having to ware a mask.....to get into a bank...

Seems no one can understand my points....and I just get slagged off.

Moderators please remove/close this and  ALL points regarding my original post.

Thank you

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, pdtokyo said:

oh dear oh dear ... i can't resist ...

Fact

Increasing evidence that loss of sense of smell/taste is an early indicator of COV19 and many more than expected otherwise symptom-free folk who report loss of smell/taste do turn out to be CV19+. Research continues but some jurisdictions are alerting front-line staff to observe and note this effect in clients and themselves

End of factual account

Proposition

Loss of sense of irony/humour may turn out to be another early symptomless indicator

End of proposition

The loss of sense of smell/taste as being an early indicator of Cov-19 would seem to be a possible business opportunity in Thailand.

By placing a fully ripe durian at any entrance point a checker would merely need to witness the reaction of anyone wanting to gain entrance. Those having no initial reaction should be considered as having no sense of smell and the taste aspect can then be confirmed by insisting they take a bite of the fruit.

No reaction to either test and the possibility of having Cov-19 would surely justify a refused entrance. :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, essox essox said:

That's normally the best way if you want to make a significant withdrawl. I find a having a gun and a getaway driver helps too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1