Anybody seen outside during curfew hours will be penalised, warn police

snoop1130

A funeral round corner from me has been taking place the past 6 nights, so assume again tonight will be last time...over 100 people, hardly anyone masked, sharing drinks and plates of food all gathered closely around tables and way after 10 pm...curfew...what curfew???

11 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

I guess the virus sleeps during the day so it is safe to go out then?

Got to go out sometime... buying supplies etc.

But people stuffed themselves with evening/nighttime parties!

6 minutes ago, digger70 said:

How's that possible , they aren't suppose to be outside during curfew hrs aren't they?  

So why are the Police out during curfew? Normally they are Never  about . so now there's a curfew  they pop up like Mushrooms. Only happens in Thailand  ????

Another ridiculous reply purely trolling.

The police/military are exempt.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

Another ridiculous reply purely trolling.

The police/military are exempt.

Why in the name of Satan you call this Trolling? No one told me that they are exempt. You could've told me that instead of telling me that this is trolling . If you can't be civil Please Be Quiet. ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dazinoz said:

How very true. A post on Facebook the other day about people out buying takeaway. One lady posted "stay at home and cook at home folks". I replied with people still need to go out and buy food to cook. Her reply was "you should have bought freezer and stocked up". 

I cannot fault her logic as I have loaded my freezer to the brim, my spare room is packed full of noodles, rice, tinned foods,  bottles of water, beer, whiskey, soda water, non perishable goods etc etc etc...basically enough to not have to leave the house for a month or two.

she does not understand many many people are not in a position to do this though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I cannot fault her logic as I have loaded my freezer to the brim, my spare room is packed full of noodles, rice, tinned foods,  bottles of water, beer, whiskey, soda water, non perishable goods etc etc etc...basically enough to not have to leave the house for a month or two.

she does not understand many many people are not in a position to do this though.

I can not fault it too but basically she suggested I should have bought one before.

And you are right about not everyone in the position to do. I could but do not want to buy anything like this as I am planning to get out Thailand when I can. Not because of the virus as I think rules are stricter back home in Oz.

5 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

I can not fault it too but basically she suggested I should have bought one before.

And you are right about not everyone in the position to do. I could but do not want to buy anything like this as I am planning to get out Thailand when I can. Not because of the virus as I think rules are stricter back home in Oz.

I moved back here July last year and one of my first purchases was a tucker box freezer.

11 hours ago, ParkerN said:

If you get caught, do you have to get a haircut like this guy? fate worse than death...

A cop told me a couple of years ago that Prayut has ordered all the police to have to have haircuts like that to look smart and military-like.

And he said that a lot of undercover work had to stop because all the criminals could recognise the cops now.... 

I don't know whether Prayut has any good ideas, but the mandatory short haircuts for police is not one of his best.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I moved back here July last year and one of my first purchases was a tucker box freezer.

I actually steered clear of a feezer because of the power outages we were having. Now, the reason I posted above.

Always had a freezer in Oz.

Edited by Dazinoz

2 minutes ago, Ketyo said:

A cop told me a couple of years ago that Prayut has ordered all the police to have to have haircuts like that to look smart and military-like.

And he said that a lot of undercover work had to stop because all the criminals could recognise the cops now.... 

I don't know whether Prayut has any good ideas, but the mandatory short haircuts for police is not one of his best.

Was military and always will be.

I remember when he was first "elected" prime minister he chucked "hissy fits" because not all his parliament jumped to his orders.

14 hours ago, alexth said:

Hope it will soon escalate to a 24h lockdown. 22:00-04:00 is, IMHO, not only useless, but it will create more traffic as everybody is going to be bulging in to make the curfew hours. Just as idiotic as 90% of this dumb, psychotic wannabe govt. 

So, seeing as it would be totally impossible for food supplies to be restocked in the event of a 24-hour lockdown being imposed, the inference which I have drawn from your harebrained suggestion is that mass fatalities caused by widespread starvation would be more than acceptable collateral damage in your eyes.

17 hours ago, IvorLott said:

I bet the coppers have $$$ signs floating in their eyes as they sleep. Finally what they've been dreaming of for years, a true Police State, has come true. How long before the army start to 'drop in' on local police stations to enquire about their cut of the proceeds, then things start to get tense and nasty between the two rival 'gangs'? My guess is it won't be too long before the first 'moved to an inactive post' articles start to pop up concerning the more belligerent top cops...Just make sure you're well stocked up, I hope you all have access to a nice place, to get some air. My maid tells me the roof of my condo has been a Godsend to her in recent weeks. She likes a drink, and her pal who she shares the work and pay with, both have a quiet, discreet, drink up there most evenings in isolation, and safety. 

You seem to believe that this is the first curfew to occur in recent history, when in fact curfews have not been uncommon in the last 20 years.

As for your insinuation that this will devolve into a turf war, it is as cynical as it is naive.

Edited by metempsychotic
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

You act as if is the first curfew to occur in recent history, when in fact curfews have not been uncommon in the last 20 years.

Yeah, out of fear by the establishment and as a display/exercise of their power. What is the real value of this curfew other than a draconian dictate that has revenue-making potential for the establishment. I guess it could be to protect the tourists from getting the virus from a hooker and having a bad experience in Bangkok (wouldn't want that, would we?). :stoner:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, alexth said:

Hope it will soon escalate to a 24h lockdown. 22:00-04:00 is, IMHO, not only useless, but it will create more traffic as everybody is going to be bulging in to make the curfew hours. Just as idiotic as 90% of this dumb, psychotic wannabe govt. 

You act as if all governments have dealt with this flawlessly.

Personally, I dont see many who havent misstepped throughout this whole situation.

5 hours ago, Varrius said:
22 hours ago, kevin612 said:

I expect that already, foreigners probably Face a bigger fine. I just stay in my room. Stay safe, everyone.

At 10.30 pm last night I took off all my clothes and ran around the house 3 times, never got caught..... The wife wasnt happy though.

Why? Was it such a shock for her to see you in your birthday suit?

20 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

Yeah, out of fear by the establishment and as a display/exercise of their power. What is the real value of this curfew other than a draconian dictate that has revenue-making potential for the establishment. I guess it could be to protect the tourists from getting the virus from a hooker and having a bad experience in Bangkok (wouldn't want that, would we?). :stoner:

Revenue making potential for the establishment.

How exactly does ecomomic shutdown serve their aims again?

I cant seem to remember.

Its confusing, because when everything remained open longer than some felt it should, it was because "the establishment" valued profit over people.

Now it seems that "the establishment" has imposed the curfew because they seek "revenue-making potential".

So which is it?

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 6:44 PM, snoop1130 said:

As of Friday night, people are prohibited from stepping out of their homes from 10pm to 4am, he said, adding that violators will be punished without an exceptions.

Really? Stepping out of your front door onto your property is now a crime at 10:01 PM?

Opening my condo door and walking the trash to the trash room is now a crime after 10PM?

How about taking the elevator to the ground floor and standing in the parking lot of my condo after 10PM?  

Walking for exercise at 11PM on my condo grounds is also a crime after 10PM?

Who has the text of this new decree?

9 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

Really? Stepping out of your front door onto your property is now a crime at 10:01 PM?

Opening my condo door and walking the trash to the trash room is now a crime after 10PM?

How about taking the elevator to the ground floor and standing in the parking lot of my condo after 10PM?  

Walking for exercise at 11PM on my condo grounds is also a crime after 10PM?

Who has the text of this new decree?

Seems a slight exaggeration and over reaction.

The general idea is to "stay home", I doubt that anyone would say anything if you stayed withing the grounds of your "home". That is to say, not out and about wandering the streets etc away from home

• Like 2