My Bag Is Lost In Bkk

khall64au

Just returned from a very quick and exhausting 2 days in Bangkok - hanging out in government offices.

Long story short, I jumped out of a cab this morning after paying the driver and realised, as he disappeared into the traffic, that my backpack was still in the cab. :D

With the help of another cabbie, I reported the loss to the taxi company and the tourist police. Also phoned the hotel where the first cab picked me up at, hoping he may return the bag there. But to no avail.

Am home now without my favourite clothes, new cosmetics and all the bits a gal needs. :o

Miracles happen though, I might get my bag back... any suggestions?

Just returned from a very quick and exhausting 2 days in Bangkok - hanging out in government offices.

Long story short, I jumped out of a cab this morning after paying the driver and realised, as he disappeared into the traffic, that my backpack was still in the cab. :D

With the help of another cabbie, I reported the loss to the taxi company and the tourist police. Also phoned the hotel where the first cab picked me up at, hoping he may return the bag there. But to no avail.

Am home now without my favourite clothes, new cosmetics and all the bits a gal needs. :o

You can only offer a reward and hope. Good luck.

He is probably driving around and wearing your things :o

If your back home, I don't think there is much of a chance in getting your things unless you had your name, address, email and phone number inside the bag with your items.

I with you all the best of luck.

Once left one of them poofy shoulder bags in a tuk tuk in Patong.

He was obviously a founder member of the "tuk tuk mafia" because

when he found it , on returning home to Phuket town , he took it

to the cop shop in Patong.

I finally recovered it the following evening with everything in it bar

a 10,000b "donation" to the "police benevolent fund".

You might be as lucky as me.

Good luck

Have a Thai friend call the Jor Sor 100 radio station and describe the circumstances: Date, time, locations, item missing, etc. and offer a reward. Worth a shot. It is not at all unusual here for taxi drivers to return missing items despite what the usual TV cynics might tell you.

Tip: Make it a habit to always glance at the seat of the taxi as you exit until it becomes second nature.

call in to either JorSorRoy (radio station 100FM) or SORWORPHOR 91 (FM91)

both stations are tuned in to by most cabbies. Ive heard of many incidents where items have been returned to the owner. when u call give as much details as possible: time and date that the cab took you, from where, to destination, and colour of cab if you can remember it, plus ofcourse details of what your bag looks like. u then leave your contact details with the station and hopefully you are lucky and get your things back :o

cheers :D

..... Also phoned the hotel where the first cab picked me up at, hoping he may return the bag there. But to no avail.

The bellhops at Miracle grand and a few other hotels write down the room number of guests and the taxi number they depart in.

If you remember the bellhop writing as you entered the taxi it might be worth asking the hotel again.

call in to either JorSorRoy (radio station 100FM) or SORWORPHOR 91 (FM91)

both stations are tuned in to by most cabbies. Ive heard of many incidents where items have been returned to the owner. when u call give as much details as possible: time and date that the cab took you, from where, to destination, and colour of cab if you can remember it, plus ofcourse details of what your bag looks like. u then leave your contact details with the station and hopefully you are lucky and get your things back :o

cheers :D

Thanks MiG16 - anyone of idea of the tel. no's for these radio stations?

Seriously, in dollar value I lost quite a lot but also replacing the clothing is a long process since Thailand does not exactly cater to western women's proportions - most of the business-wear I lost was gathered over a long time, expensive and fitted me perfectly... ++++

Thanks for your help guys and gals!!!! :D

IF IT WAS A TAXI METER PHONE THE COMPANY, THE NUMBER IS IN ALL THE CARS,. IF THEY DONT HAVE A LOST PROPERTY OFFICE OFFER A SMALL REWARD, IF YOU DIDNT HAVE ANYTHING OF VALUE IN THE BAG YOU MAY HAVE A CHANCE

JorSorRoy Tel: 1137

one of the news on their front page is covering the story of how a taxi driver returned cash to a taiwanese tourist (3Million yen)

call soon....better chance to get your things back.

sorry cant find the other one...but when u call 1137, u can ask them for the number of SorWorPhor 91 as well.

or try to call taxi service Tel: 1681. maybe some luck there...thats radio calling service.

Good luck, hope you get your things back

lost our video camera and marriage certs. in bus in korat....

hubby called, reported, and i had to show up and show them pic of me in video to prove it was mine!!! (they say that there are many claims of farang women being used by thai men where the thai man calls in and claims to be helping the woman and keeping stuff for himself....

we trundled to korat, armed with two bottles of expensive liquids to 'thank' the 'finders' (who didnt report the loss but kept the camera 'on the side' probably hoping we wouldnt search for it) and got every thing back...

on the other hand, my banork brother in law lost my $400 and id card etc when he went to bangkok to do some MFA thingy for us armed with power of attorney. he also jumped out of a taxi etc. probably second time in his life he was in bangkok so was rattled and nervous. he reported to police, i had to call my embassy to get permission that he could still do his thing w/o id card, etc....his stuff never showed up.

i actually suspected him of wining and dining the 400 bucks but i will never know for sure.

especially when u are doing important missions with lots of bags etc, take your time, double check, etc....

hope u get your stuff back

all you worried about is your cosmetics, clothes, and everything a gal needs..............lol.

Actually - this is my last worry in life - and if you read the post it will be a miracle to get my belongings back ( being a foreign female NOT easy to replace my clothing) ... keep on laughing Blizzard you SAD BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!