Many patients last week got infection from family member

webfact

5 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

You quoted me out of context....

Why don't governments attack these causes of death then..??

starvation, malaria, TB, suicide, mental health, RTAs, normal influenza etc etc they have the facts !!

I didn't quote you out of context. Governments do address the issues you mention but the unknown current problem is more frightening, a higher priority and in the public eye.

Many of the issues you mention are political problems rather than medical. Global medical issues are being addressed but maybe you have never heard of the flu vaccine programs. This last winter in the UK schoolchildren were brought into the program as research had identified them as superspreaders.

You are wrong to make out there is no progress being made in other direction, of course the level of progress will never suit everyone.

8 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

They also seem to be much more comfortable when they are in possession of what they perceive as facts as many facts seem to stem from over zealous imaginations. 

The most astute observation regarding this forum that I have seen.

5 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Many of the issues you mention are political problems rather than medical.

You telling me C-19 is not a political issue ??

6 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You are wrong to make out there is no progress being made in other direction, of course the level of progress will never suit everyone.

They might make a little progress, just enough to placate the masses. Truth of the matter is, every one of the mentioned issues, kills more people annually than C-19 ever will.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

Interesting photo on the first post. Those damned foreigners again?

Thought the same thing. In a nation with 70million Thai people and with 90+% of cases of infections in Thai people and a story aimed at influencing the behavior of Thai people, seems like they could've come up with a photo that included Thai people. 

• Like 1

I understand and respect the safety regulations but it is extremely difficult if not impossible to practice social distancing inside our home with 9 people living there. Also what about many thais that live in a single room, or the families living up country with a small house/room. Very difficult if not impossible. But we do our best and just waiting for a positive outcome soon

"It urged people to stay home during this Songkran festival, keep distance within the house and wear a mask"

Really!! Stay 2 metres away from family members in the same house at all times and wear a mask indoors. In a country where mostly, large families live in small rooms in a really hot humid country.

He is recommending something that is impossible and illogical.  Is it the most stupid recommendation of all time?

We need to have a chart of the most stupid comments from Thai public authorities. Keep it live and public online so that they they think about their guidelines and policies before announcing them.

Edited by Ketyo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Did anybody expected something else? It will be more, now with Songkran, but that we will notices and some weeks from now.

I thought it was the Chinese tourists. Oh no, the boxing tournament, wait, the Mochit Bus Depot migration. Hang on, the returning workers from S Korea. etc etc etc.

Really they only need to read TVF......????????

8 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I reckon by the time they develop a vaccine most of us will have contracted it, many asymptomatically. It transmits like a motherfecker!

as someone recently said  """ Trump says ‘germ is so brilliant antibiotics can’t keep up with it’"""

Many South=East Asian countries seem to be doing well with Covid. But to think flu is worse is wrong. In the UK, Covid has killed more people in 6 weeks than flu did in the whole of 2019. And it still has many more it can infect.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, riclag said:

Some people just don't get it!  What your friends and family touch, you touch . vice versa

Indeed be scared people, every item of food on shelf's does not have "social distancing" every bottle of beer the same, were all going to die! :shock1:

Maybe we would be better off dead than living life's in fear, or we could just be sensible and stop all the scaremongering!

Lot off different agenda at play here! 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Interesting split of cases, so public transport, walking, shopping all a very low risk. Close contact with family as suspected a big risk all in the same house and repeated interactions with the virus in the air

Some family member must have brought the virus home for starters,Then interacting /touching/coughing /sneezing/cot exercise , all of them will share the virus with the rest of the people at that home .If some go out and interact with other people than it will go on and on.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

You telling me C-19 is not a political issue ??

They might make a little progress, just enough to placate the masses. Truth of the matter is, every one of the mentioned issues, kills more people annually than C-19 ever will.

You are quite entitled to believe what you want but covid-19 is a global medical issue.

By the same token you are also entitled to believe that the US is lying, there are no mass graves in New York, or that Italy is lying, the figure of 368/million has been falsified.

If however your interpretation is wrong, then the Italian death rate reflected globally would be in the order of 2.8 million deaths(7794 x 368), now what issue did you mention has that potential death toll.

Believing it will never happen provides very little protection and I for one am glad that those in charge take a different view.

11 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You are quite entitled to believe what you want but covid-19 is a global medical issue.

By the same token you are also entitled to believe that the US is lying, there are no mass graves in New York, or that Italy is lying, the figure of 368/million has been falsified.

If however your interpretation is wrong, then the Italian death rate reflected globally would be in the order of 2.8 million deaths(7794 x 368), now what issue did you mention has that potential death toll.

Believing it will never happen provides very little protection and I for one am glad that those in charge take a different view.

Sent you a PM with a little video to watch.. Have a look and then let's discuss some more 

15 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Sent you a PM with a little video to watch.. Have a look and then let's discuss some more 

Do not send me unsolicited links by PM, it is an unacceptable practice and would never be opened. Exactly how a virus spreads.

I googled the title and this guys approach has been dismissed on the grounds that I already mentioned, that the resulting death toll would be unacceptable.

He is also wrong to state that there is no new cases in China, new cases are on the increase and the quarantine period on international arrivals has been increased to 28 days.

Containment resolved the Great Plague of 1665, not herd immunity.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/13/2020 at 11:36 AM, Thailand said:

Interesting photo on the first post. Those damned foreigners again?

Not exactly an image of the average working class Thai family around the evening dinner mat with communal food bowls and very few or no serving spoons. Or "middle spoons" as Thais call them!

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2020 at 9:25 AM, Yadon Toploy said:

The PR firm must have been involved.

The Heath minister , must have had a day off . 

Mask refit , back to normal , soon..

On 4/13/2020 at 3:51 AM, riclag said:

Some people just don't get it!  What your friends and family touch, you touch . vice versa

Good advice ,  hopefully the wife , will stay in the village ..

• 2 weeks later...

Where do they find these Brain Surgeons My Buddah ? Of course its transmitted at home especially when you implement a non effective (whats the point) other than giving the cops some time off Curfew.....Seasonal flu transmits the same way and just as Covid 19 there is a substantial percentage of people that are Asymptomatic but carriers and can transmit the flu. Time to get on with it , Surfs up !

On 4/13/2020 at 4:22 AM, AlexRich said:

I reckon by the time they develop a vaccine most of us will have contracted it, many asymptomatically. It transmits like a motherfecker!

If it transmits as rapidly as you imply, why aren't the older and chronically ill dropping dead like flies?

Yes the infection rate is no doubt significantly more than the published approx 3,000 cases but surely not to the extent that you imply.

Edited by SantiSuk