Thailand cannot lower its guard despite declining Covid-19 trend

webfact

So how many deaths in Thailand that are still getting cremated?  I would say 10 percent more than normal, but that is only my opinion. Cremation should kill the virus as well I expect.

Geezer

Edited by Stargrazer9889
error
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, apetryxx said:

Since when do you shut down an entire economy over a statistically insignificant infection/death rate? Even at that, how many of these deaths are due to co-morbidity? The over reaction to this virus is truly mind boggling and the junta is using it to gain even more power over its citizenry. Others meekly follow along. Sad.

Guess your not from Australia then

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, dlclark97 said:

Have seen continuous bashing of foreigners for not wearing masks in public.  Yesterday my wife and I went to a large local 'fresh' outdoor market.  Estimate 250-300 people were shopping.  Never saw a foreigner NOT wearing a mask and would estimate between 5 and 10 percent of the Thais had NO masks and these included the vendors selling their food.

I have the same experience in local markets around Chiang Mai.. most the vendors doesn't wear mask or they wear it around their neck but doesn't cover mouth / nose. Irresponsible, ignorant morons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

If they aren't being honest, then they are risking a major catastrophe...

The numbers seem to be declining too consistently, as if they are on a tight schedule to re-open or something !!!

From the last week of March,   the weather in Thailand is getting hotter week by week. 

Do you live in Thailand ?   Or living here and not sensible to understand  ?   

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Snackbar said:

Why do medical professionals in the west insist masks are ineffective?

There is something not right about the whole situation, IMO

Masks, social distance, lockdowns seem to be a well reasoned strategy, but that can be effective only in the short term.

In the long term, those restrictions are likely to damage the lives of millions of people, in some case to the point of no return.

I hope our leaders know what they are doing, enough said.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, dlclark97 said:

Have seen continuous bashing of foreigners for not wearing masks in public.  Yesterday my wife and I went to a large local 'fresh' outdoor market.  Estimate 250-300 people were shopping.  Never saw a foreigner NOT wearing a mask and would estimate between 5 and 10 percent of the Thais had NO masks and these included the vendors selling their food.

Here at the market everybody wears a mask, but I've noticed some buyers lower it on their chin when talking to the sellers...

• Haha 1