Pattaya: Take two! Color coded lockdown set to restart on Wednesday

webfact

Pattaya: Take two! Color coded lockdown set to restart on Wednesday

ld.jpg

Picture: Pattaya Covid-19

Pattaya - the former bustling Thai resort taht experienced a disaster of a lockdown last week as traffic snarled the city - has now had a rethink. 

They will go into lockdown on Wednesday at 3 pm instead. 

This time they have a plan and this time they hope it will work. 

One of the main things is that everyone expand the  photocopies of their documentation to full A4 size. This will speed things up. So long as it is readable.

Yesterday they already practiced putting the cones out at 8 checkpoints on Sukhumvit Road.

Today they plan a few more traffic tests in readiness for midweek. 

10pm.jpg

Graphic: Pattaya Covid-19

Wednesday is D-Day - or what some observers are calling D-T Day - Double Take Day.

It's a color coded plan.

93397796_125198175792038_5390270001854808064_n.jpg

Graphic: Pattaya Covid-19

Most vehicles will be using the Yellow Lanes. Make sure you have your IDs, house documents or other ID blown up to A4 size if possible. Leave it on the dash where it is easy to read from the outside.

A Fast Track lane like having a special pass for the motorway is also in the offing. 

Motorcyclists should use the Orange Lane - Grab and Line riders delivering important pizzas can use those along with other bikers.

The pink lanes are a bit like the "just visiting" sections around the jail on a Monopoly board. They are for people passing who will not be turning into Pattaya from Sukhumvit Road. Using Route 36 was suggested.

All the checkpoints will be strictly monitored, said a Pattaya Covid-19 post on Facebook. 

The eight checkpoints are as follows: Opposite Maryvit School Pattaya, Meuang Jumlong, North, Central and South intersections, Thepprasit intersection, Wat Bun Kanchana intersection and the Ayakorn Intersection. 

Source: Pattaya Covid-19

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-13
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, petermik said:

Absolutely brilliant idea...I take my hat off to the authorities once again...blown up to A4 size as we speak :cheesy:

I was critical of the handling of documents and possible spread of the CV-19 

this sounds a little more sensible

After reading the full article and looking at all the graphics I absolutely don't understand how this is supposed to work. 

Any English translation of the documents?

They're back to blocking Sukhumvit itself rather than the roads leading into the city?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ftpjtm said:

After reading the full article and looking at all the graphics I absolutely don't understand how this is supposed to work. 

They're back to blocking Sukhumvit itself rather than the roads leading into the city?

I reckon, more space I guess, then let them down the U turns onto the other carriage way.

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, sungod said:

I reckon, more space I guess, then let them down the U turns onto the other carriage way.

And what if you are not "qualified" to enter the city?

Make a u-turn and use the next small soi into the city?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Wednesday is D-Day - or what some observers are calling D-T Day - Double Take Day.

Double Trouble is also an alternative ..

Yellow Lanes.

Motorcyclists should use the Orange

The pink lanes

Yea this is all well and good but what if you is colour blind .. You could end up giving yo' A4 docs to someone who ordered pizza .. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, sungod said:

No, go straight ahead on Sukhumvit road and back to where u came from is my guess? What do you reckon?

When you look at the map every checkpoint is right before a U-turn, which I think has a purpose.

If they let you go ahead, who's gonna stop you from taking the next u-turn?

1 hour ago, Susco said:

When you look at the map every checkpoint is right before a U-turn, which I think has a purpose.

Indeed it does.

1 hour ago, Susco said:

If they let you go ahead, who's gonna stop you from taking the next u-turn?

Nobody. You may have your choice of u-turns. Up 2 U: it's Pattaya. If at the first you're told you can't enter the city, just tell the officer: "Please, sir, I have nothing to do so I'd like to be checked again at the next u-turn. I love you guys."

They'll always let you go ahead--straight. Whether you're qualified to enter our beloved city is the issue they're attempting to address.

2 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

thank you

i have exactly the same questions

i don't see this turning in a different way than a big mess

they probably have a good reason to persist to try to block Sukkhumvit road

maybe they want experiment in the next days the plans 3. 4 and 5 they have already in stock?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Susco said:

And what if you are not "qualified" to enter the city?

Make a u-turn and use the next small soi into the city?

well.. this is where the inbuilt weakness of using the A4 aka photocopy comes in...   I can see the copies being fraught with doctored amendments... suitably made up to suit whatever goal the driver/rider aims to achieve.  I can't imagine evry single officer being totally Online to check every little detail