Merchant sets fire to fish baskets after being denied Bt5,000 handout

webfact

So, he misrepresented himself on the application as a farmer by mistake, and then destroyed the baskets he used and may well need in the future to make a living. Really smart guy. As usual, it was someone else's fault that he made the error, not his but the governments.

There will always be errors in big government programs like this - doesn't matter whether we are in Thailand, Australia, Europe or wherever.

Part of the problem will be out of date data. A lady is registered as a farmer when the government was giving out drought money. Now she sells clothes, but she is still registered as a farmer and doesn't qualify for the current program.

Thai people are always changing their names, addresses and occupations. It is a wonder the government can keep up.

Edited by Stevemercer

19 hours ago, khunpa said:

Imagine if you were super rich and could spend just a tiny portion of your fortune to help a huge amount of poor people. You would still be super rich after helping, have a good feeling about yourself and would even be a hero to all people.

If I was super rich, I know what I would do.

But ...you could also take a bunch of money and build and (ICONic) shopping center and all the poor would marvel at you and flog there to have one overpriced ice-cream cone and marvel at the Hi-so's, shopping at Porsche and Gucci and Lacoste...

And afterwards, they would go and build that guy a BTS- line with tax payer- money, so he can get more people into his gilded overhyped shopping mall!

Make no mistakes: I want everybody, who is out of work (the waiters, the masseuses, the GoGo Girls, the fishermen,...you name it) to get financail help ASAP!

But...man...there is a bit of "som nam nah" inside my head!

Edited by Saint Nick

Thai government can't even build a tourism or national parks website above 1990s level. Why would the be able to use artificial intelligence? For something of this magnitude they best get back to what they're good at: faxing and pushing papers around by hand. 

• Like 2