Trump approval rises, but more Americans support Biden for president

webfact

43 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

I wish the obsession of certain posters with abolishing the Electoral College in the United States of America could find a new homeplace for posts within the Forum. Perhaps a Comparison and Contrast of Democratic processes of the USA and China? A great place for posting wikipedia and NY Times articles... a shame that nothing more then that will be posted by the Chinese, but its worth a try

I received a solicitation ofa donation today from Pete Buttigieg, to help him abolish the Electoral College. Now, the Electoral College is never going away short of a Constitutional Convention, so I'm not sure what he was needing the money for. I'm guessing his networth has grown considerably since he has dropped out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

There are very few small Democrat committees anymore, as during the Obama administration more than 1,000 state elections were lost by the Democrats. I guess people thought "If the Democrats aren't really Democrats anymore, then why should I vote for them".

The import of my original post regarding typical claimed governmental Democratic structure of CCP seems to have been completely lost. So dissapointed.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Both gentlemen well suited for economic affairs. As for Obama’s East policies, the follow-up by Trump is falling apart with his handling of North Korea’s nukes, the reclaimed islands in SC sea and walking out of TPP.  Disaster for Asia and China is thanking Trump. 

No question, but you're now choosing for <deleted> over syphillis.  That's why the primaries are much more important than the General Election.

13 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Haha.... One more time pal who won the world series in 2018? Wrong! Shoot 'em!

A very obscure section of the US Constitution? My advice is delete that phrase from the book.

Strike four your out... er strike three!

I miss baseball too. C'mon, give me a foul tip.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Still waiting for the naming of countries. You did said the whole world. 

If you read into my very clear post you will see that the naming of all countries is not neccessary for the answer to be crystal clear. It works like this if I say ten less two.....must I explicity say eight? No of course not.

Pretty much the entire world...

And so tedious to have to list them all simply for your satisfaction. 

Chinese softpower has been delt a very serious blow. 

Even "friends" of China, if such countries exist, will sleep with one eye open....as it is very difficult to have any trust for a one party authoritarian state,  led by a President for life,  who let a bat research corona virus out by the mistake of improper use of safety precautions...

but we are talking about a place that allows defecation on city streets in the 21st century.

keep plugging away on the disinformation campaign!

Edited by WalkingOrders
Plural
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

If you read into my very clear post you will see that the naming of all countries is not neccessary for the answer to be crystal clear. It works like this if I say ten less two.....must I explicity say eight? No of course not.

Pretty much the entire world...

And so tedious to have to list them all simply for your satisfaction. 

Chinese softpower has been delt a very serious blow. 

Even "friends" of China, if such countries exist, will sleep with one eye open....as it is very difficult to have any trust for a one party authoritarian state,  led by a President for life,  who let a bat research corona virus out by the mistake of improper use of safety precautions...

but we are talking about a place that allows defecation on city streets in the 21st century.

keep plugging away on the disinformation campaign!

That is simply not true. When China offers coal fired power plants to Africa, with substantial kickbacks to the decision makers, they will buy those power plants, even if they are heavy polluters, even if the financing will lead to a future default, even if it will allow for China's infiltration of that economy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

That is simply not true. When China offers coal fired power plants to Africa, with substantial kickbacks to the decision makers, they will buy those power plants, even if they are heavy polluters, even if the financing will lead to a future default, even if it will allow for China's infiltration of that economy.

It's going to be fun to view how the Chinese forward deployed fleets will handle the first future uprisings in such places.

Steady on a kneejerk response:

Learning how to deploy force abroad is a neccessary precursor to becoming a superpower and obtaining President Xi's stated objectives of being able to fight and win war in any global theatre.

Building a blue water Navy is nothing unless experience is gained in its usage. 

And no mistake - its impossible to have far flung global interests without conflict. You simply cannot please everyone - even by throwing around lots of money.

2 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

The Electoral College. I love it as much as I hate dirty rat communist operatives of the CCP hiding out all over this world. Amazing you included a wiki link explaining the EC. Must have been one hard find.

But yeah we call it freedom of speech. Just like this is. 

Remember to embrace the concept at home. Billions of lives are at stake. 

I just wanted to try to understand what the EC is all about and I posted the link in case any one else was interested.

Were you including me i quote "as I hate dirty rat communist operatives of the CCP hiding out all over this world." ?

2 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

The Party has an opinion on the electoral college that seems to favor a weak leftist cowtaoing band of criminals willing to give it all away. Not surprised. An opinion developed through millions of small democratic committees I am sure.

You appear to be a rabid right wing person yourself,

Always ready to insult the poster and not the content.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, jimmybcool said:

Trump is threatening to close congress?  I mean, not even in the rabidly leftist CNN or MSNBC has something this weird been claimed.  

Fact. 

It's OK. 

We all get egg on our faces sometimes. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-threatens-to-adjourn-congress-to-get-his-nominees-through/2020/04/15/e3bfc4c6-7f6a-11ea-9040-68981f488eed_story.htm

Trump threatens to adjourn Congress to get his nominees but likely would be impeded by Senate rules

President Trump threatened Wednesday to try to force Congress to adjourn so he could fill his administration’s vacancies without Senate approval, the second time this week he has claimed unprecedented executive authority amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The president cited a never-exercised constitutional power to shut down Congress if the House and Senate are in disagreement over adjourning, pushing both the executive and legislative branches into uncharted territory.

On Monday, Trump had asserted that he had “total” authority over the decision to reopen the country, overruling governors intent on protecting public health and containing further spread of the coronavirus. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, jimmybcool said:

Trump is threatening to close congress?  I mean, not even in the rabidly leftist CNN or MSNBC has something this weird been claimed.  

My error - actual word used is 'adjourn' (In law, to adjourn means to suspend proceedings to another time or place, or to end them)

President Donald Trump threatened Wednesday to apply a never-used provision of the US Constitution to allow himself to adjourn the US Congress and push through many of his nominees who typically require Senate confirmation. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/15/politics/donald-trump-senate-adjourn-constitution/index.html

Edited by simple1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Fact. 

It's OK. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-threatens-to-adjourn-congress-to-get-his-nominees-through/2020/04/15/e3bfc4c6-7f6a-11ea-9040-68981f488eed_story.htm

Trump threatens to adjourn Congress to get his nominees but likely would be impeded by Senate rules

President Trump threatened Wednesday to try to force Congress to adjourn so he could fill his administration’s vacancies without Senate approval, the second time this week he has claimed unprecedented executive authority amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The president cited a never-exercised constitutional power to shut down Congress if the House and Senate are in disagreement over adjourning, pushing both the executive and legislative branches into uncharted territory.

On Monday, Trump had asserted that he had “total” authority over the decision to reopen the country, overruling governors intent on protecting public health and containing further spread of the coronavirus. 

To be fair, he was trying to force them to reconvene, and the threatened to force them to adjourn if they failed to reconvene. They absolutely should reconvene. They have been absolutely absent in this crisis, save to fund their campaign contributors and send a meagerly stipend to real American people.

Congress is not fulfilling it's duty presently, both the House and the Senate. They should absolutely reconvene. Ignore Trump's demands for approval of more sycophants and nutjobs, but absolutely tend to the needs of the American people while giving the corporations the middle finger.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I just wanted to try to understand what the EC is all about and I posted the link in case any one else was interested.

Were you including me i quote "as I hate dirty rat communist operatives of the CCP hiding out all over this world." ?

Always ready to insult the poster and not the content.

I insulted the Communist Party of China. Up to you to if you wish to include yourself as part of that group or not

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

To be fair, he was trying to force them to reconvene, and the threatened to force them to adjourn if they failed to reconvene. They absolutely should reconvene. They have been absolutely absent in this crisis, save to fund their campaign contributors and send a meagerly stipend to real American people.

Congress is not fulfilling it's duty presently, both the House and the Senate. They should absolutely reconvene. Ignore Trump's demands for approval of more sycophants and nutjobs, but absolutely tend to the needs of the American people while giving the corporations the middle finger.

Am I not correct it was McConnell (R) who made the decision to stay away from Washington until 4th May? In addition check out trump's statement as justification for potential adjournment - a number of misleading statements.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/15/politics/donald-trump-senate-adjourn-constitution/index.html

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Fact. 

It's OK. 

If the United States does not open its economy fairly soon, the economy will collapse. That results in a global collapse. Such a collapse would be felt very hard in developing nations, and it would be catastrophic in China, I would expect mass starvation.

So maybe time to end the finger pointing about how democracy works in the USA?

Bottom line is that China failed and let a virus out of a laboratory.

Then they hid that from the world. Now the world suffers.

The world economy needs to kick start soon. Very soon. For the sake of all nations....including China.

Or

Collapse.

Every nation for itself. The strongest will fair the best.

So can we just agree its time to get back to work as soon as possible.

Or the circumstances become much much worse...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Am I not correct it was McConnell (R) who made the decision to stay away from Washington until 4th May? In addition check out trump's statement as justification for potential adjournment - a number of misleading statements.

Is your point that you have great hope that the world can return to normal soon before global collapse? I agree.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Name my policy positions that identify me as "rabid right wing", and in general terms please explain the meaning of what that term means in terms of philosophy, beliefs, or policy positions so that I can understand your insult more fully. Thank you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WalkingOrders said:

Is your point that you have great hope that the world can return to normal soon before global collapse? I agree.

Only you know what you're trying to get at. Taking you at face value - No. My point regards the OP is there is the usual BS occurring within trump world. Naturally I concur with the sentiment you expressed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

Thats OK , but i cant figure out why there are Yanks here, i wouldn't leave the Best Nation on Earth to come here, lefty failures perhaps.?

Well, at first it was sufficient wealth, but later it required repatriating for college for children, elderly parents, you know, everything a family goes through.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

Thats OK , but i cant figure out why there are Yanks here, i wouldn't leave the Best Nation on Earth to come here, lefty failures perhaps.?

I get around....and have a Thai wife..live very comfortably here in Thailand because I am paid in USD in an amount that makes life comfortable for my family and I.

• Like 1