Just received my US Stimulus wire

On 4/15/2020 at 8:13 PM, Lacessit said:

Aussies living overseas don't get the same good fortune, Centrelink thinks of us as traitors for not spending our pensions in Oz, and screw us every opportunity they get.

And some of us including people living in Aus get further screwed by not being paid the pension.

To further show the different attitude of governments I have a US friend here who in addition to his US Social Security pension receives addition payments for his two Thai children who live here.

1 hour ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Me and many other Americans had to take out hefty loans in order to attend university. Not like when it was affordable for my mom, and not like in other countries where it's free. Thus, every year I keep filing to prove to them that with my meager teaching salary, I cannot repay the loan.

It’s not free in all countries certainly not in Australia I remember when I went to University part time as an adult in the eighties and was working and paying income tax and had to pay something called HECS which was a form of taxation.

I think you have to pay in the UK as well but others on here would know more about that.

I am a UK pensioner and can confirm i  will get beggar all, but i only paid in for 49 years and never took a cent in benifit, since living in LOS i have not been a burden the NHS and or any other agency, but i get beggar all.

• Haha 1

I received mine yesterday in my US bank where I received my tax refund from the filing I made in January. I gave my Bangkok address  on the tax return and now have to wait until bars reopen to get the stimulus to spend it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Still waiting mine. Never file taxes because SSDI barely meets Thailand income reporting requirements. So no need to file US Taxes. One thing concerned me though. Their new app Get my Payment still doesn't show me. 

Has anyone been able to get positive info from that app? 

Screenshot_20200416_085515_com.android.chrome.jpgit called the zero filer glitch. They claim to know about it.  Google it.

15 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Still waiting mine. Never file taxes because SSDI barely meets Thailand income reporting requirements. So no need to file US Taxes. One thing concerned me though. Their new app Get my Payment still doesn't show me. 

Has anyone been able to get positive info from that app? 

Screenshot_20200416_085515_com.android.chrome.jpg

I can't even login into my account to see my status. I haven't received my stimulus payment yet. My 2018 tax return contained my direct deposit information because I was due a refund. I didn't include my banking information on my 2019 return because I didn't pay any taxes for 2019 and wasn't due any refund. I filed both 2018 and 2019 using my Thailand address so God only knows what will happen in my case...

Got my good laugh today......received an email from Trump Junior asking for money for re-election of his father next year?  Nothing like trying to buy an election...????????????????

Wrote back that I was trying to collect money for their efforts and so far had raised NOTHING....and was wondering if they could match it.....????????????

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, chicowoodduck said:

Got my good laugh today......received an email from Trump Junior asking for money for re-election of his father next year?  Nothing like trying to buy an election...????????????????

Wrote back that I was trying to collect money for their efforts and so far had raised NOTHING....and was wondering if they could match it.....????????????

Sounds like a scam email. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, TikiT said:

How long did it take to receive the direct deposit to your account after you received the IRS acceptance email? 

Never received any IRS confirmation notice....just went right to my local bank account on April 15th.....lucky me...????

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

And funding is a function of Congress, so without funding how is it Trump gave anyone anything except grief.

And the IRS is controlled by? That’s right the Executive Branch the president who also gives the final approval. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DJ54 said:

Read today some people that have passed way were sent checks...really 

Yeap.  If a person passed away after filing their 2018 or 2019 return and notification of death never never reached the IRS/got updated in IRS records, then the IRS is pushing out stimulus payments to even the dead. 

And then there are just those fraudsters (who may even be a family member) who files a return for a deceased person as if the person is still alive in hopes of getting a refund...and if the IRS has not got notification of death through some channel they process the return as if the person is still alive.