Sale or consumption of alcoholic drinks banned in Nakhon Pathom

webfact

Sale or consumption of alcoholic drinks banned in Nakhon Pathom

By THE NATION

800_6a10a98b504b374.jpg?v=1587016911

Nakhon Pathom province on Wednesday (April 15) banned the sale and consumption of alcohol from April 20 to 30.

However, the governor has allowed the outlets to sell other non-alcoholic products during the prohibition period.

Companies making alcoholic drinks are not barred from manufacturing for exports.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386116

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-16
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, baansgr said:

WHO has just recommended the restriction of access to alcohol.....is this gonna go on and on and other countries follow suit..

In case anyone thinks that's a myth, here's the link:

http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/disease-prevention/alcohol-use/news/news/2020/04/alcohol-does-not-protect-against-covid-19-access-should-be-restricted-during-lockdown

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Nakhon Pathom province on Wednesday (April 15) banned the sale and consumption of alcohol from April 20 to 30.

See, that´s gonna heat up the temper in the bodies of some stock pilers. However, like posted above. First Thailand bans sale of alcohol, then many scream that are wrong. Now WHO are going out and recommending the same. Let´s just scream again that they are lunatics and wrong too. 

In reality, It looks like only the ones that can´t leave it alone for a short while are the ones that are wrong.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, robblok said:

They should extend the ban for as long as lock-down persists. Alcohol is a prime trigger for domestic violence and now that people are having to spend much time with family violence already increases. Alcohol only adds to that. So many examples of alcohol turning people violent. 

Alcohol is the samaritan in distress - Herbert Grönemeyer

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, greeneking said:

Lockdown is a prime trigger for domestic violence. A couple of beers at the end of the day may help keep people relaxed.

Throughout history, in most societies, people have looked for something.

Toadstools, chemicals, licking the backs of toads, lao kao......beer is easily measured, safely made and people who drink it are not the same thing as violent alcoholics.

Im sure its not what the crowd on Thaivisa likes to read because they really love their alcohol but facts are facts.

Alcohol is estimated to be involved in up to half of partner violence in Australia and 73% of partner physical assaults. It features prominently in police data, although not all jurisdictions keep consistent records.

In 2010, alcohol was recorded as “present” in 41% of domestic assaults in New South Wales. This figure increased to over 60% in the remote far west of the state.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Bangkokhatter said:

This kind of ban is nonsense, how would it be enforced?

I really don´t know. Surely they will not get all. However, most people will respect this and then they do not have to enforce.

Anyway, you can try it out yourself. Why you not take a trip to Nakhon Pathom, and take a beer on the square?

9 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I really don´t know. Surely they will not get all. However, most people will respect this and then they do not have to enforce.

Most People don't respect the sales ban in my area, what hope has the consumption ban got! Maybe a cop in every street would fix it. Oh! I forgot TIT!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chassa said:

Most People don't respect the sales ban in my area, what hope has the consumption ban got! Maybe a cop in every street would fix it. Oh! I forgot TIT!

Great to read that you know it´s Thailand even as it slipped your mind for a minute or two. Then just show some respect in the country you chose to be in, if you are here, and follow the rules.

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Great to read that you know it´s Thailand even as it slipped your mind for a minute or two. Then just show some respect in the country you chose to be in, if you are here, and follow the rules.

Most people - NOT ME!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Apart from you I dont see anyone following that rule

Most people follow the rules, out of the fact they can not buy alcohol. Regarding consumption, that is only in Nakhon Pathom so far. Do you live there?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Follow the rules... Never question the rules... Just the way it should be !!! 

????

Nope, there are are times they should be questioned. Just not the time when people must unite to fight a pandemic. Then everyone have to make sacrifices.

Also, we have TVF, where it more a rule to look down on Thailand and question everything they do and see it as wrong.

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Nope, there are are times they should be questioned. Just not the time when people must unite to fight a pandemic. Then everyone have to make sacrifices.

Also, we have TVF, where it more a rule to look down on Thailand and question everything they do and see it as wrong.

So there is a time to question, just not when someone says it's not the time to question ??? Then everyone must make sacrifices follow blindly...

This is a global issue, but being copied by Thailand... Most countries need to be questioned about their actions through this situation...

2 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

This is a global issue, but being copied by Thailand...

Copied by Thailand???? I think many countries would be happy if they could copy Thailands results instead. So, what are you complaining about?

• Haha 2