CW - anyone went last couple of days ? Is it as good as empty ?

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Why the hell would anyone go to CW? You do know there's a visa anmesty now until the 30th then they will keep extending it after that.

The PM, cabinet, TAT and foreign embassies were assured that there was a comprehensive amnesty. However, senior immigration officials did not want this. They induced the PM to sign off on an order with convoluted wording that allows immigration to claim that extensions frequently needing agent assistance were not covered. It seems they will be allowed to get away with such subterfuge, as there has been little blow back from people put at risk. Immigration retained plausible deniability. The Order was deliberately ambiguous, and they could have given in, saying it covered everyone legally in Thailand as of March 26th, but it appears this will be unnecessary, and their normal income from agent assisted extensions will continue (indeed, possibly even slightly increased).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Letseng said:

If you see the picture Richard Barrow posted on Twitter this morning  you will see that CW is anything but quiet. 

I saw that too, so I was rather hoping this thread would have someone confirm or refute that experience, as I intend to go next week to do my EoS ahead of schedule, to take advantage of a perceived quiet time.