Covid-19: Twenty five provinces haven't had a single new case since April 2nd

webfact

Covid-19: Twenty five provinces haven't had a single new case since April 2nd

10pm.jpg

Thai media reported that not a single new case of coronavirus had been reported in 25 provinces in Thailand in the two week period from April 2nd to 15th.

Nine provinces in the kingdom remain without any cases at all since the pandemic began. 

Daily News quoted Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin and suggested that news sources in Malaysia were expressing fears that people will sneak over the Malaysian border rather than be officially repatriated and quarantined. 

Many are expected to return at the weekend and the authorities fear that some with criminal cases hanging over them will use the confusion created by the coronavirus situation to cross using Thailand's porous natural border in the south. 

Some illegals have already been rounded up and there is the potential for many more to try and sneak back.

This could contribute to the spread of the virus. 

Dr Taweesin gave details of the latest three deaths from Covid-19 in Thailand; they were a 55 year old Malaysian tour guide, a 45 year old Thai female company employee and a 37 year old Thai male who was a backhoe driver. 

There have now been 2,672 cases in 68 provinces.

Some 1,593 patients had gone home and 1,033 remained having treatment. Forty six have died. 

The 25 provinces with no new cases in the last two weeks are as follows: Chiang Rai, Petchaburi, Phetchabun, Mahasarakham, Phrae, Mae Hong Son, Kanchanaburi, Chanthaburi, Nakhon Nayok, Buriram, Mukdahan, Yasothon, Roi-Et, Ratchaburi, Lopburi, Lamphun, Sisaket, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Sukhothai, Nong Bua Lamphu, Amnat Charoen, Udon Thani, Uthai Thani and Uttaradit. 

The nine Covid-19 free provinces are: Kamphaeng Phet, Buung Kan, Nan, Chainat, Trat, Phichit, Ranong, Singburi and Ang Thong. 

Including Bangkok, Thailand has 77 provinces.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-17
  • Like 2

This statement worries me. I would be surprised if their has not been any cases as the percentage around the world would suggest that would be a great achievement, Mass testing I think would most likely contradict that and that will be available pretty soon I hope. My family are safe in the northeast of Thailand and I want it to stay that way for everyone so letting  their guard down is not an option in my view but the statements I read are all about getting things back to normal and that would be great. Its too early to go back to normal and financially its devastating the Thai people who a large percent are very very poor and rely on a small pittance but the health surely must come first. I think the figures need to be reviewed after testing. I hope they prove me wrong as being stuck in the UK unable to travel back home to see my partner and son is tough but I want all to stay safe. 

• Like 1

No way its real. Was out yesty and saw only about 10 or so people wearing masks. All the resterants in my local area, markets and such are going about buisness like there was no virus at all. Perhaps because there isnt a lot of farang here they feel safe i guess.. Surely if there was everyone would be in trouble in my area.

I have an ex that was with family fishing and swimming at the beach yestersay in pattaya. Guess because they are thai and chinese they can do as they wish....?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

No way its real. Was out yesty and saw only about 10 or so people wearing masks. All the resterants in my local area, markets and such are going about buisness like there was no virus at all. Perhaps because there isnt a lot of farang here they feel safe i guess.. Surely if there was everyone would be in trouble in my area.

I have an ex that was with family fishing and swimming at the beach yestersay in pattaya. Guess because they are thai and chinese they can do as they wish....?

And then you awoke from your dream to reality....

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Mmmm Haven't notified, haven't recorded, haven't tested for.........it does seem remarkable, if it is the case that there are none in these 25 provinces.

When village people take I'll the family sort it .if they die a doctor comes signs a death certificate and all done no test no post morten they it's all up in smoke.how many have died this way ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lockman07 said:

LOLOLOL...They forgot to mention that these provinces are all in Cambodia...what fantasy.  Does anyone actually believe anything they say?  Really?

Where do you get that these provinces are in Cambodia, it is mostly North of Bangkok and into Northern Thailand which is referred to as Issan.  No where near being in Cambodia, maybe you should consult a map......

23 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Gossip is always rich in the villages, but rarely will someone know what the ailment is if the family does not tell.  It is all about Face, ask your significant other.  If folks like to talk about themselves, how much of it is really true.  So take what I say with a grain of salt.  I lost three relatives of my ex-wife in late February, who had been to Bangkok for the Chinese new year.  They were seen at the local provincial hospital and sent home with meds, and never returned when they became much sicker.  Only family was around them when they passed away, no autopsy performed, certificates of death obtained from the local Police, no doctor ever visited....Maybe your village is different, and the first time someone hears something they run screaming to the authorities.  Tell me how that works for them and their FACE when they are wrong...... Everyone Gossips, but families do not put out there family business to people, as others use it to their advantage....So tell me I am wrong after you again ask your significant other.

In late February, covid19 was barley a blip on the radar. You honestly think that what went on with your relatives then could possibly escape scrutiny now? You’re dreaming if you do.

• Confused 1

Lets all hope that it keeps like this and hope this covis  dies down to a level where it can be controled 

i dont think this will dissapear all together  like so many viruses 

and will be a return like flu  i hope i wrong and they also find a vaxine for it 

if u see the fighting From Trump  and the suspension of Funds to The Who  mybe he is wright mybe he wrong  but this also could be the wake up call as u see the econemy so many rely on china for everything maybe bring things back to your own country and make 

guess it is all about money  

and this covis 19 has cost A GREAT DEAL 

good luck all 

• Like 1