Covid-19: Twenty five provinces haven't had a single new case since April 2nd

webfact

Same as most on here , how do they know if they not have tested every single person in that province . Not everybody that has covid dies , so maybe some people been sick at home and got better after few days . Just came out singapore thought it was safe openend many businesses and normal life again AND WHAT HAPPENED ? 728 PEOPLE GOT INFECTED IN 1 DAY 

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Do you believe what you posted: 

"if you get sick with the virus you cannot hide it from the authorities (unless you curl up & die)

& would need medical attention"

Have you ever lived in a province away from the city and been part of a Thai family and observed the culture when someone gets ill.  If you had you would understand that people die at home all the time surrounded by family and the government never knows until the police report is filed and the certificate of death is presented to start the other processes the family needs to do, property, etc...

If you have then you would not have made such a silly comment as this is and always will be a third world country, even with some of the top facilities they have here.  Very few go to the hospital except to get some meds, least of all being removed from family and when dying to not have them near......

Incompetent comment......I stay since 14 Years in Thailand, in my experience here, you tell nonsense!

Edited by ujayujay

2 hours ago, robsamui said:

Before nipping out down to the nearest mon 'n pop shop for another bottle of hooch

No bottles of Leo left, now only 8 cans left, now only 4. oh sh@t wifey just drank one, and i live in a province with no Covid-19 at all, whatsoever,. :cheesy: Good ole wifey went out in the rain on m/c and came back with 4 bottles ????:jap::clap2:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Where do you get that these provinces are in Cambodia, it is mostly North of Bangkok and into Northern Thailand which is referred to as Issan.  No where near being in Cambodia, maybe you should consult a map......

What about Trat?

2 hours ago, lostmebike said:

Shouldn't the headline read "Twenty five provinces ASSUME they haven't had single case since April 2nd" ?

Most of the local media's reports presume much based on little or no scientific evidence. 

should that have been April 1 ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Where do you get that these provinces are in Cambodia, it is mostly North of Bangkok and into Northern Thailand which is referred to as Issan.  No where near being in Cambodia, maybe you should consult a map......

.......... maybe you should consult your sense of humour, if you can locate it 

¯\_()_/¯

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, natway09 said:

If you get sick with the virus you cannot hide it from the authorities (unless you curl up & die)

& would need medical attention.

I do not see (at this stage) that massive testing is going to make any difference

By now with the 2 massive exoduses of workers from Bangkok  (first one 18 & 19 March) the figures would be showing a rise in cases. Maybe they just managed to get out in time before being infected.

What ever the reason, these figures give rise to some hope of leading a normal life in 3 months

My biggest concern now is the reopening of International travellers coming in to the country 

retriggering another wave

Agreed

2 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

I have been as skeptical as anyone about the Thai figures but there a lot of old people around here and none of them are dying. Wet season last year there was at least one burning a week , all old people, that the wife had to go to. If the virus was prevalent here you expect it to be the same now, but we are not even hearing of any infections.

So maybe, and only a maybe, the figures might be close to being right

I've noticed mask discipline around Chiang Rai is quite good, about 95%, don't think one would get into a shopping mall here without one. A few exceptions, young Thai males and some farangs.

3 hours ago, natway09 said:

If you get sick with the virus you cannot hide it from the authorities (unless you curl up & die)

I do not see (at this stage) that massive testing is going to make any difference

By now with the 2 massive exoduses of workers from Bangkok  (first one 18 & 19 March) the figures would be showing a rise in cases. Maybe they just managed to get out in time before being infected.

What ever the reason, these figures give rise to some hope of leading a normal life in 3 months

My biggest concern now is the reopening of International travellers coming in to the country 

Thailand was open for Chinese tourists in January and February.  And the sky didn't fall. Most COVID cases are mild

Do we shut down the economy to save the environment and provide clean air? Do we shut down car traffic to avoid fatalities.  More people get impacted by pollution and car deaths or die from the flu.

Everywhere else we find a balance to protect life and keep the economy working for all

23 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I've noticed mask discipline around Chiang Rai is quite good, about 95%, don't think one would get into a shopping mall here without one. A few exceptions, young Thai males and some farangs.

We are on a road outside but our puu yai has been manning a check point into the village for over a week and is getting very frustrated with the number not wearing masks or travelling outside the curfew. He is instituting colour coded stickers for all vehicles so he is serious. (also working for his money this time)

Maybe this is helping.

It cant be true, its not possible. All other countries in the World have huge problems with Covid-19 ....but Thailand seems more or less untouched !! How is that possible with a thai lifestyle living closely together and often with their elders ??? There is something fishy going on over here ............. Be very..very careful !!! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, natway09 said:

You do know you can have the virus and not be sick yet still be infectious?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Do you believe what you posted: 

"if you get sick with the virus you cannot hide it from the authorities (unless you curl up & die)

& would need medical attention"

Have you ever lived in a province away from the city and been part of a Thai family and observed the culture when someone gets ill.  If you had you would understand that people die at home all the time surrounded by family and the government never knows until the police report is filed and the certificate of death is presented to start the other processes the family needs to do, property, etc...

If you have then you would not have made such a silly comment as this is and always will be a third world country, even with some of the top facilities they have here.  Very few go to the hospital except to get some meds, least of all being removed from family and when dying to not have them near......

OK so that's your experience. I live in a relatively poor province and amongst a large extended and poor Issan family. I do not recognise your observations one iota.

Would those who believe in the Thais curl-up-and-die-at-home theory, people who only go to hospital for meds and then peg it back home, please explain why there are so many public hospitals with a significant number of beds in all amphur 'capital' towns together with smaller cottage hospitals with beds in most small towns elsewhere in the amphurs. Are these all for rich people? Only for the young? In my experience even old folk, if they get sick get checked into a local hospital. The younger ladies of the family make sure of that.

I checked out my version with my wife. She laughed at the thought that Isaan folk allowed their old people to die without the use of hospitals.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I'm not saying that there isn't some understatement of death figures. But I don't agree that picking up unrecorded deaths would alter the view that Thailand is comparatively in a much happier place than many European countries and the US. I don't agree that the understatement conceals a shock wave of new deaths yet to be revealed (notwithstanding that the Chinese Government has just today revealed 'errors' that now raise the death rate by 50% - 50% of 45 deaths in Thailand would be 22 - ok I'd take that!)

The UK only records death in hospitals and recognises that it does not include any deaths in the community and (now recognised to be potentially  significant) deaths in nursing homes. I don't think anyone is accusing them of manipulating the numbers. Are those who complain of government manipulation in Thailand absolutely sure that the numbers recorded are held out by the Thai government to be a comprehensive record of all deaths? For all I know hospital deaths is the benchmark required by the WHO?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ujayujay said:

Incompetent comment......I stay since 14 Years in Thailand, in my experience here, you tell nonsense!

Explain how it is an incompetent statement and nonsense.  If you believe for one minute that what you are being told by your significant other is the truth regarding what's actually happening in your village you are a little out of touch.  Thais do not share family, or personal information with others.  No one airs there dirty laundry to others in a village.  Gossip as I said is rife, but the information passed on is 99% misinformation.  Knowledge is power and if someone has dirty information on you then they will use it to their advantage.  I was married to the daughter of a Phu Yai, for 8 years, and lived in the village.  Prior to that I lived in a smaller village out in the sticks.  Gossip about Myself or my family including anything we might be doing or had done, was discussed by many people, and the information had no basis for what mistruths they spread.  I think you better reflect about what I have said again, and understand that unless you can speak Thai, or Lao, or Khmer, you are an outsider, and no one will tell you the truth.  FACE is a terrible thing, but I repeat no one knows everything that goes on in a village.  To believe so is folly, and you are being played.   In February COVID-19 was not a blip on the radar as another member has stated, and to believe that as well means that not everyone looks at real news and believes what they are told, just like when a Health Minister called us Dirty Foreigners and we were responsible for this virus. Because people believed this as being real then foreigners were singled out in certain villages.  Do not believe everything you hear.....

Edited by ThailandRyan

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

What about Trat?

Trat Province: Trat is one of seventy-six provinces lies in eastern Thailand and is easternmost along the Thai coast. It has borders with Chanthaburi Province to the northwest, Cambodia to the east, and the Gulf of Thailand to the south. Trat is 315 km from Bangkok.

Trat is not in Cambodia either

Edited by ThailandRyan

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Trat Province: Trat is one of seventy-six provinces lies in eastern Thailand and is easternmost along the Thai coast. It has borders with Chanthaburi Province to the northwest, Cambodia to the east, and the Gulf of Thailand to the south. Trat is 315 km from Bangkok.

Trat is not in Cambodia

Ha ha ha  …. you really don't seem to have any sense of humour do you ?

People are winding you up, and you just keep gobbling up the bait …. maybe you should try not to take yourself so seriously, because nobody else on here is  ¯\_()_/¯

3 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Ha ha ha  …. you really don't seem to have any sense of humour do you ?

People are winding you up, and you just keep gobbling up the bait …. maybe you should try not to take yourself so seriously, because nobody else on here is  ¯\_()_/¯

Good for you, enjoy yourself, and the games you play.  Misinformation is what causes people to do unnecessary things, and as much as I joke around, there are people who believe that what is written is the gospel.  Why would you want to mislead people, not a very mature thing to do now is it.  

47 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Good for you, enjoy yourself, and the games you play.  Misinformation is what causes people to do unnecessary things, and as much as I joke around, there are people who believe that what is written is the gospel.  Why would you want to mislead people, not a very mature thing to do now is it.  

Ha ha … someone jokes about the recent 25 Virus free provinces being in Cambodia rather than Thailand, and you take them seriously; then another poster jokes about Trat being in Cambodia, and you take them seriously.

You then attempt to justify your sense of humour bypass by saying they are promoting disinformation that will cause people to do unnecessary things.

Then you produce a truly classic line “and as much as I joke around”  …. ha ha, priceless, absolutely priceless.