Take a punt on these shares?

A University of Chicago hospital participating in a study of the antiviral medication said it is seeing rapid recoveries in fever and respiratory symptoms, with nearly all patients discharged in less than a week, according to medical news website STAT https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/16/early-peek-at-data-on-gilead-coronavirus-drug-suggests-patients-are-responding-to-treatment.

Thanks for the sad face, countries in Asia have been using it for ages, its Thailand's main response. Looks like it working very well.

You may make a few quid but may have missed the boat for large gains,

Just saying..........

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, sungod said:

A little late I think, its not news in Asia.

Josh Philipp from The Epoch Times reported last week that Chinese pharma firm controlled by Jiang Zemin's grandson pre-emptively patented the medicine. So yes, I would do my research. I cannot speak to the validity of the journalist's claims, but it would be something I would look into. Due diligence is every investor's best friend.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

Josh Philipp from The Epoch Times reported last week that Chinese pharma firm controlled by Jiang Zemin's grandson pre-emptively patented the medicine. So yes, I would do my research. I cannot speak to the validity of the journalist's claims, but it would be something I would look into. Due diligence is every investor's best friend.

would that be brightgene pharma in suzhou?  if so, they did not patent the drug, as gilead has had the patent in china since 2016.

they have developed a generic version and are preparing to mass produce under license from gilead, currently awaiting approval and contract formalities.

also read somethere, a wuhan university was applying for a patent on a treatment that involves the use of remsidivir.  don't know whether that would affect gilead's patent on the drug itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

would that be brightgene pharma in suzhou?  if so, they did not patent the drug, as gilead has had the patent in china since 2016.

they have developed a generic version and are preparing to mass produce under license from gilead, currently awaiting approval and contract formalities.

also read somethere, a wuhan university was applying for a patent on a treatment that involves the use of remsidivir.  don't know whether that would affect gilead's patent on the drug itself.

Coincidentally, I was just looking this up. You are correct re: BrightGene. I am still digging. Intriguing. 

Just now, InfinityandBeyond said:

Coincidentally, I was just looking this up. You are correct re: BrightGene. I am still digging. Intriguing. 

digging is always good, but always consider the source.

not saying they are never correct, but i would be wary of trading stocks based on epoch times falun gong propaganda.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

digging is always good, but always consider the source.

not saying they are never correct, but i would be wary of trading stocks based on epoch times falun gong propaganda.

Indeed. Hence, my clear citation of the source and my disclaimer. As opposed to "I heard/read/watched..." without verification of claims and my advice for due diligence. 

• Thanks 1

gotta love the googles!

looks like china had two remdesivir trials going, both halted as inconclusive.  what are the odds gilead's clinical trial will have a similar result.

where did the news come from?  ah, a brokerage with conveniently leaked information.  just a coincidence the algorithms picked up the news and fed the futures?

bet gilead will surge 15% at the open, an hour later will get a clarifying email from someone somewhere about early data, and will drop 20%.  just a guess.