SURVEY: Alcohol ban -- worth it or not?

Scott

SURVEY: Alcohol ban -- worth it or not?  

441 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

58 minutes ago, transam said:

Fear of guns perhaps........?

There are a lot more privately owned and illegal guns out there among the citizens than the army have if the people grew a backbone the army would be slaughtered....

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Whackjob said:

There are a lot more privately owned and illegal guns out there among the citizens than the army have if the people grew a backbone the army would be slaughtered....

Where...?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Susco said:

The virus was here for 3 months before the booze ban was enforced, and cases weren't sky-rocketing during that time

We don't know that. There has been no randomized mass testing. Dr Boon figured 80% could be asymptomatic and there could be around 200k infected. It does make sense to me and it would be imperative to investigate if it's true, because that sort of situation could help with a vaccine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

We don't know that. There has been no randomized mass testing. Dr Boon figured 80% could be asymptomatic and there could be around 200k infected. It does make sense to me and it would be imperative to investigate if it's true, because that sort of situation could help with a vaccine.

And what has your theory to do with the booze ban?

2 hours ago, madmen said:

my money is on a further 30 day extension. Why ? Just because

I sadly must agree with this, we all know how addled with self-importance these clowns are, plus they will want to show off their 'Thainess' and power while they can, before they are booted from office once this is passed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

USA, Thailand, UK.................Where...?

Agh ok.....I am talking anout here Thailand. Specifically the major city's .in specific Pattaya that's where I have lived for the past 13 years so it's where I have the most knowledge about... every cu&t is packing... guaranteed if your were to stop 10 Thais in pickups typically thai males 6 out of ten a have a little something in the glovebox or under the seat......but coming back on topic regarding the alcohol ban I hope it ends soon songkran is now over which I'd imagine was the porpoise of it.... hopefully things will get back to normal soon .....

56 minutes ago, thai006 said:

that a very good option , for the frist time  in thailand no people die by alcohol during songkran 

U got to admit how clever these Thais are by banning alcohol they stop the virus in it tracks the world must be looking at thailand with amazement and jealousy why didnt we think of banning alcohol thailand only got 47 cases of the virus they must be so clever and the u.k have 16000 deaths so u.k goverment must be doing something wrong wake up uk and banned alcohol at thai who come up with banning alcohol clever they should give him a chocolate medal and pin it to is chess and stay out of the sun 

On 4/20/2020 at 7:08 PM, thai006 said:

that a very good option , for the frist time  in thailand no people die by alcohol during songkran 

I doubt many people "die by alcohol" but by the bad driving resulting from too much alcohol consumption.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mosha said:

My mrs can get beer if she goes to the local shop very early doors. Living in the sticks has benefits.

The only snag is, that shop will not have any deliveries to stock up....Unless they have connections....????

They announced it days before so heavy drinkers had time to stock up and probably ended drinking more with the house full.

Not sure if they are still selling but local shops here still have beer on the shelves.
Anyway I bet Alcohol manufacturers didn't lose out much.