Thailand reports 32 new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

rooster59

11 minutes ago, allanos said:

Statistics like this demand the answer as to why there has been an hysterical response to the novel coronavirus, frenetic government acticity, shrieking newspaper headlines and thousands of hours of airtime on television channels? As the numbers show, Covid-19, although possibly more virulent than seasonal influenza, has a lower number of deaths.  Are we fully in the picture?  Are we not aware of all of the facts?  Is something being hidden from us that we should be informed about?

I'm not sure how they got the figures for seasonal flu as on worldometers which is their credit link it has completely different figures for flu deaths. Currently this year the deaths from flu worldwide is 146,078, in comparison, Covid figures are 160,820 with no vaccine in sight for at least a year, those figures are going to be even more scary in the very near future.

Worldometer - real time world statistics flu.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allanos said:

All of the figures are for the period 01 January - 01 April according to the chart.  It is possible that there will be a big variance in the following 3 months.  Seasonal flu numbers may have dropped, for example, but, then again, so might those of Covid-19, particularly with the focus that is upon it at the moment from governments around the world.  I would still ask the question as to why they are so obsessed with this "pandemic", as called by the WHO.  A couple of years ago, the WHO declared that Ebola could possibly sweep the world.  It just didn't happen.

Hi. You were too quick for my edit. Did realise afterwards they were quarterly. I was really shocked by that abortion figure.........is that just the mother or are they counting the foetus as a death???

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

Agreed. And check out the USA at the moment. What odds they get a resurgence now that they have people protesting together. In a widely aired clip, one woman complained she couldn’t get her hair dyed, and a guy complained he couldn’t get fertiliser for his lawn. They need to pay a quick trip to a hospital covid ward to realise how fortunate they are....and irresponsible.

Ya its really disturbing to see the reactions of people in the U.S. They obviously don't understand the gravity of this virus, and are more concerned about much more trivial things. Its no surprise to me since I grew up there to see just how out of touch so many people are. They're going to find out how nasty, and virulent this virus is when its starts spreading rapidly again. Just wait 1 more month when they start phasing in opening up procedures.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greg O said:

We have no way to make that determination without widespread testing and publishing the numbers of positives vs negatives. How long are we willing to wait for the "experts" to save us from total and complete destruction ? The ineptness of the governments and health officials turned world leaders is mind numbing and mind boggling. 

Especailly this guy:- 

อนุทิน ชาญวีรกูล 2019 ครอบตัด.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sambum said:

Especailly this guy:- 

อนุทิน ชาญวีรกูล 2019 ครอบตัด.jpg

I look forward to his next "outing". Trying to second guess what his next blunder he will be......he's attacked Farangs, he's attacked health professionals......can't touch the Armed Forces or the RTP.....so who is next?

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

Without testing how can anybody believe these numbers to be accurate TIT

If you do not believe these figures where are all the deaths, I cannot believe that there are many deaths that are not put down as the virus deaths because there would be a cluster of virus cases with the family of the dead person, also the deaths in villages would lead to 3 or 5 days of village gatherings in the temple and most of the village will go to the cremation so the close family would be spreading the virus to the whole village and we are not seeing this

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

Have a gander at why Japan and Singapore have recently lost control of the virus. It basically comes down to not being restrictive enough about the protective measures in the first place, or else relaxing them when you thought you were fairly safe. Put that with all the stories saying that catching C19 doesn't confer immunity to it, and this virus isn't going anywhere but up until we have a vaccine.  

There has never been a vaccine created for a coronavirus, ever.

Why do people Iike you just assume we will create one?

So many people here talking like they are smart and know what's going on when you are absolutely clueless about the situation

It's still currently being shown all around the world where there aren't sufficient lockdowns, the virus is skyrocketing. South Dakota is a prime example. No stay-at-home order, 205% increase in cases over the last week.

I am pretty sure we will not get to figure out the right solution to this problem this year....when I say "we" that includes the virologist and medical professionals.  It could be the solution is not even thought of yet.  All I know is there has been no rapid response to any pandemic in the past so, based on past knowledge, there won't be this time either!  I just hope I am around in 2 or 3 years time to see the outcome.....unless it turns into a zombie apocalypses and I am around but don't know it! ???? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Metapod said:

So many people here talking like they are smart and know what's going on when you are absolutely clueless about the situation

No the people on hear are quoting from credible sources that a virus will be developed. Now whether you want to label the scientists and labs who are in the process of developing them clueless? Just because a coronavirus vaccine has not been made before does not mean one cannot be made now even if it is many months away.

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

The UK was very slow off the block and are paying the price, they've ramped up their tests now but its not a good comparison. Now look at South Korea, only 234 deaths, testing testing testing from patient zero, no waiting, no delays and its paid off well, only 8 confirmed cases yesterday and 5 of those were from overseas arrivals.

All nations should be learning the strategy they employed and adapting to their own countries.

Nonsense, if someone presents at the hospital with a COVID like pneumonia then they treat it as best they can - having a test makes little difference to what a Doctor will do, most people don't need any treatment unless it gets to the stage where they can't breathe, even then it's oxygen and mechanical ventilation and just wait it out, if your immune system doesn't beat it then you die.

Also there is no accepted and approved treatment for COVID outside of clinical trials

Testing updates the stats, that's about it.

6 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Nonsense, if someone presents at the hospital with a COVID like pneumonia then they treat it as best they can - having a test makes little difference to what a Doctor will do, most people don't need any treatment unless it gets to the stage where they can't breathe, even then it's oxygen and mechanical ventilation and just wait it out, if your immune system doesn't beat it then you die.

Also there is no accepted and approved treatment for COVID outside of clinical trials

Testing updates the stats, that's about it.

Nonsense, testing breaks infection chains. The rest follows including saving lives. Stats are then drawn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Metapod said:

This is one fact that is never said nor reported on by any of the authorities or media. I find it really strange that the media appears to be wanting to scare the <deleted> out of everybody but never mentions this. 

I dont understand how Thailand can be so low in comparison to other asian countries like Singapore for instance.  Social Gatherings still take place and people then gather round at friends place for parties.  I totally dont understand how the numbers can be so low.  There were Thai KTV that were secretly opened for business but had to book in advance to go.  Please help me explain?

48 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No the people on hear are quoting from credible sources that a virus will be developed. Now whether you want to label the scientists and labs who are in the process of developing them clueless? Just because a coronavirus vaccine has not been made before does not mean one cannot be made now even if it is many months away.

I think his point was that people are walking around like a vaccine is 100% going to be developed soon when the facts indicate that it is not 100% at all. Even when the professionals are talking about a vaccine they never say they are sure there will be a vaccine, anyone who does is lying.

1 minute ago, pantsonfire said:

I dont understand how Thailand can be so low in comparison to other asian countries like Singapore for instance.  Social Gatherings still take place and people then gather round at friends place for parties.  I totally dont understand how the numbers can be so low.  There were Thai KTV that were secretly opened for business but had to book in advance to go.  Please help me explain?

I would venture to say SOMEONE is a liar liar pants on fire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

I'm going with the heat and humidity is making it more difficult for the virus to transmit person to person. A recent study and other studies before revealed that this corona virus does not like heat and humidity very much at all and especially doesn't like direct sunlight. The vast majority of Thai's don't have AC and are in the heat 24/7. Nobody will really know unless it's studied down the road but I thinks it's the high heat and high humidity and lack of AC everywhere like in hot areas in western countries.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, runamok27 said:

I'm going with the heat and humidity is making it more difficult for the virus to transmit person to person. A recent study and other studies before revealed that this corona virus does not like heat and humidity very much at all and especially doesn't like direct sunlight. The vast majority of Thai's don't have AC and are in the heat 24/7. Nobody will really know unless it's studied down the road but I thinks it's the high heat and high humidity and lack of AC everywhere like in hot areas in western countries.

Singapore?

• Thanks 1

With such small numbers I don't know why Thailand is stifling itself with the shutdown. It was one of the first places outside China to be hit, they came to the shutdown party very late and yet mortality is extraordinary low. I can only assume Thailand is special and it does not apply to them. That, or..........................

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

With such small numbers I don't know why Thailand is stifling itself with the shutdown. It was one of the first places outside China to be hit, they came to the shutdown party very late and yet mortality is extraordinary low. I can only assume Thailand is special and it does not apply to them. That, or..........................

It would almost make you think, statistically speaking, it's just not possible.

11 minutes ago, J Town said:

It would almost make you think, statistically speaking, it's just not possible.

It isnt. Imagine UK had 30 cases per day.  it be like almost business as usual.   Doesnt make sense at all to me.  The reason why they have a curfew and such lock measures is because they dont know the REAL numbers.  They are unsure so this is to protect it.

3 minutes ago, runamok27 said:

Brazil meets the heat/humidity parameters. Lots of infections there.

What if the original SARS virus had spread very widely around China/Korea/SE Asia asymptomatically. Some kind of immunity may have been created entirely accidentally and may provide some protection against Covid19. That would explain the generally low figures in all these places, but it may just be coincidental.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

I look forward to his next "outing". Trying to second guess what his next blunder he will be......he's attacked Farangs, he's attacked health professionals......can't touch the Armed Forces or the RTP.....so who is next?

My money is on America

• Haha 1