Thailand developing vaccines against COVID-19

webfact

Once again Thailand's xenophobia comes to the fore.  The instinct is to reject anything invented abroad, even if it's done far better than Thailand could ever hope to do.  This applies to everything from the education system to the timing of traffic lights.

Can't risk diluting the "Thainess".

Edited by Soupdragon
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

The usual press releases that tend to lead nowhere. Where are the quick PTT/MIT/co test kits that were announced weeks ago?

In Thailand, if it's more than 9 days ago then it's gone forever and if it's less than 9 days ago then it's not ready yet.

I never saw or even heard of a nation with a higher opinion of itself with so little justification, though I have never lived in Africa or Greenland, perhaps there's more there...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyL said:

The third choice is to wait for other countries to come up with a vaccine and then import it.

Pretty sure that is the most likely outcome. I can't recall  Thailand ever developing anything that is medically massed produced globally. 

Surely you are forgetting Thaiand's cure for AIDS, cancer and ..... so on and so forth....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lujanit said:

He did a pretty good job of co-ordinating and funding the near eradication of polio in Africa.

Whilst sacrificing a few kids health along the way... Just under 500,000 were affected by his dodgy vaccine I believe ?? 

He is a very clever guy, that is for sure... That's why he's the 2nd richest guy in the universe !!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, cornishcarlos said:

Whilst sacrificing a few kids health along the way... Just under 500,000 were affected by his dodgy vaccine I believe ?? 

He is a very clever guy, that is for sure... That's why he's the 2nd richest guy in the universe !!!

Bill Gates doesn’t have the medical knowledge or background to produce a vaccine.  He funds the research and rollout through qualified people. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lujanit said:

Where does this hate of Bill Gates come from? 

Many hate successful people because of jealousy. 

I remember his a-holio business practices, as well as those of his buddy Jobs. Luckily Melinda seems to have mellowed him down. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

Many hate successful people because of jealousy. 

I remember his a-holio business practices, as well as those of his buddy Jobs. Luckily Melinda seems to have mellowed him down. 

Actually it is because he is a mass murderer !!!

He owns the WHO and uses it to sterilize and kill people all over the world !!!

Just do some research. It is not a secret at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

@Matzzon why did you post a confused face ?? For a vaccine to be safe, it requires sufficient testing and long term studies.

Do you think a vaccine can be created, tested and released within a few months/year ??

Ok ok! Sure, you´re right. I do believe it can be done within the time frame of a year, though. 

2 hours ago, saminoz said:

Surely you are forgetting Thaiand's cure for AIDS, cancer and ..... so on and so forth....

And that the Thai Language was going to overtake English as the Number One Language used in the World.

Pure dreamers

• Like 1

7 hours ago, timendres said:

Anyone in a betting mood?

Yep i will have a punt, there are so many laboratories working on this as if nothing else matters  in the world and one will go bingo one day, but how long will it take on that i will keep my money in my pocket