Lowest number of Covid-19 cases in a month raises hopes of easing lockdown restrictions

webfact

40 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Always happy to be corrected, perhaps you would be so kind as to drop in some valid annual daily temperature stats that show 35 degrees all year apart from 2 weeks you mention - lets start with stats for Phuket, Bangkok, and Chang Mai  all showing 35 degrees throughout the year excepting the 2 weeks

During the rainy season May to October temps throughout the country are typically from 31 to 34 degrees. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davemos said:

I think (and hope not) the government could be facing wide spread unrest .You can only starve people for a while then it gets messy.

I would be happy to put money into a food bank if its properly run and sanctioned. ANY IDEAS ? 

5 minutes ago, garygooner said:

During the rainy season May to October temps throughout the country are typically from 31 to 34 degrees. 

'Temperatures can top 40c in the hottest part of the year, which may well be hot enough to stall the the virus transmission, in the cool season they can drop to a max around 30c' - cooler as I said right?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj-65iymPnoAhVOThUIHXzcCP0QFjABegQICxAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reachtoteachrecruiting.com%2Fguides%2Fthailand%2Fweather-in-thailand&usg=AOvVaw2fPDp_-FOqPVACS6ZGPU74

3 hours ago, Changoverandout said:

Figures need to be in single digits so a way to go yet before restrictions should be lifted.

They will be don't worry, the government cannot continue the lock down for another month or it will have to admit to near bankruptcy.

The figures will drop accordingly, every official will get a pat on the back about how they fought the monster virus, life will go back to normal.

Prayut will announce himself as a master of the universe as he was in complete control at all times.

Excuse my scepticism.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aland said:
2 hours ago, sandrew33 said:

Everyone agrees that lifting of restrictions requires a wide testing, tracing and quick acting isolation regime. Thailand has, on available evidence, none of those systems in place. 

The lifting of restrictions is just going to see a surge in new cases unless the testing regime is massively broadened and improved. 

Ah well, if everyone agrees

Don't you just love when you get the "everyone knows....... or everyone agrees"  comments

from a poster

• Thanks 1

I found where MoPH reports deaths to WHO: https://apps.who.int/healthinfo/statistics/mortality/whodpms/

You can select pneumonia there and run a report. Last available data for Thailand seems to be from 2016. I'll check again in 2024 to compare ????

And I shall record for the aliens when they come and do digital archeology, Thailand had 28470 deaths recorded due to pneumonia in 2016.

Capture.JPG.07b76c411cbb4337541b6aacc5cb741b.JPG

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sandrew33 said:

Anyone sensible would be wary of Thai figures.

You mean like these

2.1 Surveillance Protocol for COVID-19

The accumulated data from 3 January to 18 April 2020 showed that among 37,255 flights, there were a total of 4,399,728 passengers screened. Among those, 662 people met the case definition criteria of patients under investigation (PUI). Outside of the airports, 136,209 people from 1,698 ships were screened at seaports between 1 January and 18 April 2020, and two people met the PUI criteria. There were 1,809,743 people screened at ground ports between 1 February to 18 April 2020. Between 30 January to 17 April 2020, a total of 156,388 people who were renewing their passports were screened at the Government Complex Commemorating His Majesty at Chaengwattana Road. The total number of PUI from all ports is currently 664 people.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/situation/situation-no107-190463.pdf

1 hour ago, jimn said:

I agree that Germany is doing an excellent job, however your not right about Thailand. For some unknown reason the virus has not taken hold over here, I think its the intense heat. Yes I agree the lack of testing means few cases. However it what you say is true we would see hospitals full to the brim and many deaths. The absence of both means you are wrong.

Can you explain the remarkably low figures shown by the Scandinavian countries? They're not really known as being hot and humid places, just generally rather more sensible than other countries.

1 hour ago, Em150 said:

Well you know why the numbers in Thailand are so low of course? It's due to the classic 'hand in a wasp for treatment'. Spotted it on Covid tracker this morning. It all makes perfect sense now

Screenshot_20200421-064016_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6cbebcd477bb59463b7d711f25f681e0.jpg

ha ha! Good spot!

I'm sure there are many ThaiV members out there who are anxious to see a return to happier "hand on a White Anglo Saxon Protestant, for treatment" times. 

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LeamchabangLarry said:

sounds like you have some research to do.  I'm not doing it for you

You should have done some before posting garbage,

It is 35.3 on my thermometer at the moment but only been at that level for the last couple of weeks, been well below that since November.

Once the rain kicks in we will get back to the normal 31/34.

This is a copy of a post I made elsewhere:

Apparently, the curfew will remain in place for another month until the end of May. Very limited relaxation of restrictions are expected. We didn't really have a 'curve' to flatten. A one day peak on March 22nd of 188 followed by 10 days of 100 - 150, mostly in the low end. Since then it's been on a downward direction. Thailand has 655 active cases across the whole country and 48 deaths, mostly in BKK and it's neighbours.
More than half of the provinces (around 44) are virus free including 9 provinces that have never had any infections. Yet still we see no significant easing of restrictions. Actually quite the opposite.

In contrast just to take one state in the US. Georgia have over 18,500 active cases and 775 deaths.

The Republican governors of Georgia, Tennessee and South Carolina moved to let some businesses reopen, including gyms, restaurants and beaches, though social distancing protocols will remain in effect to varying degrees.

Other states are allowing theatres, social clubs and the like to open. Some from as soon as next Monday.

Is the government here living on a power kick? In the meantime, the country is going down the swanee and taking a lot of it's citizens with it.

Edit: Just to add to that, Georgia has a population of 10.5 million. Thailand: 69.5 million!

Let's see what happens when they open up in the US.  If numbers are unaffected even though numbers remain high proves that lockdowns have served their purpose but they're not needed anymore.

It may turn out to be a massive mistake which will cause Trump to have one of his 'hissy fits'.  We'll see.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Can you explain the remarkably low figures shown by the Scandinavian countries? They're not really known as being hot and humid places, just generally rather more sensible than other countries.

May be something to do with air traffic, they are not major international hubs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Do you know there are only 700 people with the virus in hospital or is that the figure released by the administration?

All figures are released by some administration.

Public Health England (PHE) medical director Yvonne Doyle said that Office for National Statistics (ONS) figures from the early weeks of the pandemic suggested that around 10 per cent of total Covid-19 deaths were taking place outside of hospitals – many in care homes – at that point. She was unable to rule out the final figure being as much as 40 per cent higher than the hospital tally suggests.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-uk-deaths-latest-hospital-care-homes-nhs-a9475166.html?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=INDNEWS%2321042020&utm_term=IND_Headlines_Masterlist_CDP

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You should have done some before posting garbage,

It is 35.3 on my thermometer at the moment but only been at that level for the last couple of weeks, been well below that since November.

Once the rain kicks in we will get back to the normal 31/34.

You are going to sit here and argue that 31/34 is "Cool Season" compared to 35 degrees?  Seriously?

LOL.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, offset said:

if they are lying about the numbers of deaths and outstanding cases why did they not lie about how many test they are doing nobody would know if true

The PR firm somebody hired did lie about the testing numbers.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/11154/high-priced-public-strategy-firm-once-hired-by-paul-manafort-defends-thai-governments-coronavirus-response/ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

There were reports of some Bangkok hospitals being full.

But, it seemed they have put the Covid patients into just a few hospitals which I believe is a good management strategy. There are over 100 hospitals in the greater Bangkok area.

I am sure the majority of the hospitals in Bangkok and throughout the country have no patients.  Which, is great news.

Not for the hospital....

2 hours ago, rumak said:

Don't you just love when you get the "everyone knows....... or everyone agrees"  comments

from a poster

One of my pet peeves is the use of "all" inclusive words like always,never,everything,no one and etc, and of course the ones you've mentioned.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, garygooner said:

According to some reports Bali is getting ready to welcome Chinese tourists in June, possibly even May. 

Even the taxi drivers and the owners of the "all you can eat" buffets????

'

I still think that Thailand must be the luckiest country in the world , being so close to China and reacting very slow in the beginning of the Corona Pandemic. People from China was even able to travel to Thailand for a long time - maybe even now ?? Something must be wrong ... it is simply not possible with such low numbers. Maybe I am just totally wrong and Buddha is very powerful ??

• Like 1