BP seems very low lately

giddyup

I have been taking medication for high BP for a few years now, Losartan 50mg and Cardeloc (Metoprolol) 50 mg, but the last few weeks BP seems to be low, 115/62 with a pulse of 57. Is this a cause for concern? I don't have any noticeable signs of low BP, no dizziness, chronic fatigue etc.

Depending on your age and medical condition that is fine. I am over 60 and not overly fat, and mine is usually around the same 120/65 with heart at about 60.  But sometimes after 'debating' on TV the numbers go to 140/80 and 90 :)

• Like 2

When I first moved here from HK, I was taking atenolol 100 mg o.d., amlodipine 5 mg o.d. and an ACE inhibitor, the name and dose of which I've long since forgotten. After 3 months I had to halve the atenolol and amlodipine doses and stop the ACEI altogether, due to severe postural hypotension (passing out while standing up, due to low BP). I believe this was due to the low stress here, compared to HK.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, essox essox said:

why comment on here when you should consult a Doctor, preferably one in a hospital....I always think at hospital they are more qualified......most on here will/are not DOCS .....!!

Do you think this is the right time to be going to a hospital? This is a medical forum to ask questions and discuss problems, if that bothers you I suggest you move on, plenty of other topics to choose.

53 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Do you think this is the right time to be going to a hospital?

I have always thought hospitals are great places to avoid as everyone in them is sick! Especially now with the Corona virus around. However there are times when we have to go there. My own BP is 100/60, even lower than yours and I don't get dizzy standing up... but then Roadrunners are not human! I am not medically qualified but since you ask, if I were you I would see a doctor and ask about adjusting the dose or even stopping your meds....  but always remember the saying.... Doctors bury their mistakes!

Just how does one go about social distancing in a hospital full of people?

Edited by DaRoadrunner

7 minutes ago, Peterhua said:

As has been said his blood pressure is perfectly normal and a simple Google search would have told him that.

But then you wouldn't have the opportunity to point out the obvious.

• Sad 1