after july 31

7 minutes ago, john west said:

Thanks and still going to recheck as still go in and if one can do it before, why not but take your point about suspension and was not made aware of this and also when I messaged thenm on the site.
Do not want the problem of overstay later on???

You are NOT on overstay when not doing your 90-day report in-time.  In normal times the fine is 2.000 THB for reporting late (doesn't matter how much you are late, same fine for 1 day late or 70 days late) and max fine for reporting late is 5.000 THB.

Because of the Amnesty (till 31 July) you - as well as every other foreigner in Thailand - is NOT required to do a 90-day report until after the amnesty.  The window to do it will be announced at the end of the amnesty.

You can do it on-line (I did it myself even though it is not required), but there is absolutely no need to make the effort to do it in person at your local IO or via mail.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Not doing a 90 day or being late doing one is not a overstay. It is just that. The fines for the 2 are also in a different section of the immigration act.

Thank you Sir ubonjoe and jacko45k and others
And was going to contact Kanchanaburi and sent them a message on their f/b page and just for clarity and stated passing by, anyway in May but eventually noticed the public relations notes and it states the Immigration Bureau will process the above mentioned steps automatically.
I mentioned that they have my f/b address, not sure got email but thinks so and was asking how will they inform us when our next 90 day reporting is. Mined due 11th May, so I guess 90 days from then about 11 August (that is if I can not drop in their offices in May)
Just trying to be helpful and thanks so much and yes it is confusing, but LOL I am easily confused in what is required and in daily life as well.
Well we need to laugh a bit more in these unprecented times and hope sincerely that you and all your families are as safe as you can be and well
Best Wishes to you all

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

You are NOT on overstay when not doing your 90-day report in-time.  In normal times the fine is 2.000 THB for reporting late (doesn't matter how much you are late, same fine for 1 day late or 70 days late) and max fine for reporting late is 5.000 THB.

Because of the Amnesty (till 31 July) you - as well as every other foreigner in Thailand - is NOT required to do a 90-day report until after the amnesty.  The window to do it will be announced at the end of the amnesty.

You can do it on-line (I did it myself even though it is not required), but there is absolutely no need to make the effort to do it in person at your local IO or via mail.

Thanks indeed to you Peter Dennis and only saw your post after updating mine.
Hope and your family are all safe as can be and keeping well
Thanks again John

• Like 1

5 hours ago, john west said:

Well, see your point but if one can do it normally then possible hassle later on will be avoided. Please everyone check with your own office as often theeir policy is different on other matters too.
I will recheck but for sure will be going in.

Please everyone who doesn't mind risking infection doing something already announced as unnecessary go ahead. The announcement was made to relieve the load on immigration and counter complaints that immigration itself was causing risks. To go ahead and bother them strikes me as counter productive.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Please everyone who doesn't mind risking infection doing something already announced as unnecessary go ahead. The announcement was made to relieve the load on immigration and counter complaints that immigration itself was causing risks. To go ahead and bother them strikes me as counter productive.

With respect, Jacko45k not really that many people turning up at the offices and won't for 90 days reporting but that was before the annoucement a  day a go and in fact a 90 day is normally very simple task and once got caught last time in that there were hundreds of students going for their visa and they had a lot of paperwork and having their photos taken.
We were advised eventually to go to a seperate window.

Also and will confirm or otherwise next week or early May and many people while possibly going for their essential shopping say in May and if passing the local Immigration office and might as well go in to and in fact helpful and can I ask you don't you go out for essential food shopping and other every day items and with a mask on? 
Or are you one of the lucky ones who gets all your supplies by delivery and yes even then there is a danger of the virus being passed.  Anything is a risk and esppecially if come from outside.
There is a risk but some things are essential and killing 2 birds at once seems very logical and have seen posts that one can go in but left a message on my local Immigration site and they will see it on Monday 26th April, so will advise you.
Before you come back and spout off we and my family are very meticulous in staying at home and sometimes one or two of us have to go out for essential shopping and use the soap provided and we also use this and liquid each time we com in to our house.

As you seem to know alot about it when sending my message the public message came up and the Immigration Bureau will process the above mentioned steps automatically and on the order itself  once this has been resolved then the Alien must apply for visa extensions and obviously if one has one  already which goes through to 2021 then the only date change will be the next 90 day reportin.
Obviously the ones applying for due dates of renewal then yes as soon as possible to the 31st July.
I  am only trying to be helpful and in any case there is danger just going out of the house is a danger with bikes and cars but yes a few less and also with essential shopping and preferably with a mask.

Edited by john west
spelling mistake
  • Haha 1

On 4/26/2020 at 8:17 AM, ubonjoe said:

You do not have to do the report. Your office gave you incorrect info.

The first extension I mentioned is to dismiss them being needed by most tourists. For example if they entered on a 60 day tourist visa and extended it for 30 days they would not need to do a report until 90 days from the day they applied. That means they could be here for 150 days without needing to report. Also I can assure you immigration will not be trying to enforce it for them.

No and awaiting confirmation as at 27th April and believe they are correct and just waiting for confirmation and as I am actually passing the building and when collecting new school books and essential shopping can do.
Will report back ok and we ak know different offices do different things!!!

Edited by john west
spelling

On 4/25/2020 at 5:32 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

If you bothered to read the posts you'd understand that the position for those on retirement extensions is perfectly clear.  You renew your extension of stay when it expires, as there is no requirement for you to leave Thailand to do this.  You don't have to do your 90 day reports, until 31 July, although there's nothing stopping you doing them if you want to.  Hope this is clear now.

I face a related but different issue. The posts here discuss the position of retirees now still in Thailand. I am on a Non-O retirement extension that expires on 26 July. I am presently not in Thailand. I intend to return to Thailand in mid-July to do the extension but am concerned that the travel restrictions imposed by my country (to exit) and by Thailand (to enter) may still not be lifted by then. So I am wondering how the latest proclamation would relate to people in my situation. Thanks in advance K. Brewsterbudgen and K. UbonJoe

4 minutes ago, ckee said:

I face a related but different issue. The posts here discuss the position of retirees now still in Thailand. I am on a Non-O retirement extension that expires on 26 July. I am presently not in Thailand. I intend to return to Thailand in mid-July to do the extension but am concerned that the travel restrictions imposed by my country (to exit) and by Thailand (to enter) may still not be lifted by then. So I am wondering how the latest proclamation would relate to people in my situation. Thanks in advance K. Brewsterbudgen and K. UbonJoe

It does not relate to your situation unless you have a PR. You have to start over again if you cant enter before July 26 and renew it again. With the current trend (unless second wave hits again in many countries), I think it will be OK by first week of July

Edited by Mulambana

2 minutes ago, ckee said:

If you can get back to Thailand before 26 July, you should be able to get a new Extension, assuming you still meet the requirements.  Unfortunately, if flights are still suspended and you can't get back, you will have to start from scratch again.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

If you can get back to Thailand before 26 July, you should be able to get a new Extension, assuming you still meet the requirements.  Unfortunately, if flights are still suspended and you can't get back, you will have to start from scratch again.  

Fact is he won't be able to return.

He will start from scratch.

6 minutes ago, SteveB67 said:

I have funds in an account until June 8th preparing for a 1 non o year visa application, based on parenthood. Will Chaeng Wattana be open in June? And can I still apply normally at that time?

Chaeng Wattana has remained open throughout, and there is no likelihood that it would close before June 8. It is highly probable that you will be able to submit your application for the extension at that time.

• Like 1

Just now, BritTim said:

Chaeng Wattana has remained open throughout, and there is no likelihood that it would close before June 8. It is highly probable that you will be able to submit your application for the extension at that time.

Thanks! Finding the funds a second time round would be a nightmare...

9 hours ago, SteveB67 said:

I have funds in an account until June 8th preparing for a 1 non o year visa application, based on parenthood. Will Chaeng Wattana be open in June? And can I still apply normally at that time?

9 hours ago, SteveB67 said:

Thanks! Finding the funds a second time round would be a nightmare...

As @BritTim already mentioned the IOs are not closed during the amnesty, and all 'business as usual' like applying for a Visa or renewing a 1-year extension can be done as before.

Since you mention that finding the funds again for your 90-day Non Imm O application based on parenthood would be a nightmare, it is worth to note that when applying for a 1-year Non Imm O - marriage (or dependant child) Visa in the Savannakhet, Ho Chi Min City and Penang thai consulates, there is NO requirement to provide evidence of any financials.

That very popular 1-year Visa provides you with 90-day permissions to stay on entry, after which you either have to leave - an then can re-enter again - the country (e.g. by doing a one-day border-run) or by extending it for 60 days at a local IO for reason of visiting your wife or dependant child.  So when timed right that Visa can provide you with 17 months of IO hassle free long-stay in Thailand.  On top of that it does not require any financials to be locked up in a thai bank-account, no Re-Entry permits required, no 90-day reporting required, and of course no need to visit your IO for a 1-year extension (and the associated hoops these IO might enforce on you). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ckee said:

Hi ckee,

As mentioned already by other posters, the chances are slim that you will be able to re-enter Thailand before 26 July,   And that would mean you have to start from scratch again by applying for a Visa either in your home-country, neighboring country or at your local IO in Thailand.

>> I have PM-ed you a guideline document outlining all details/options to apply for a Non Imm O - retirement Visa and subsequent extensions.

To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your Profile when logged-in to the Forum.

On 4/28/2020 at 7:47 AM, Peter Denis said:

As @BritTim already mentioned the IOs are not closed during the amnesty, and all 'business as usual' like applying for a Visa or renewing a 1-year extension can be done as before.

Since you mention that finding the funds again for your 90-day Non Imm O application based on parenthood would be a nightmare, it is worth to note that when applying for a 1-year Non Imm O - marriage (or dependant child) Visa in the Savannakhet, Ho Chi Min City and Penang thai consulates, there is NO requirement to provide evidence of any financials.

That very popular 1-year Visa provides you with 90-day permissions to stay on entry, after which you either have to leave - an then can re-enter again - the country (e.g. by doing a one-day border-run) or by extending it for 60 days at a local IO for reason of visiting your wife or dependant child.  So when timed right that Visa can provide you with 17 months of IO hassle free long-stay in Thailand.  On top of that it does not require any financials to be locked up in a thai bank-account, no Re-Entry permits required, no 90-day reporting required, and of course no need to visit your IO for a 1-year extension (and the associated hoops these IO might enforce on you). 

Thans Peter, that had been my original plan until the covid thing hit. Now I juzst wanna get the 1 year so I don't need to worry about visas for a long while...I just want a simple life lol.

50 minutes ago, SteveB67 said:

Thans Peter, that had been my original plan until the covid thing hit. Now I juzst wanna get the 1 year so I don't need to worry about visas for a long while...I just want a simple life lol.

So your funds have been in the bank for 2 months up till June 8th to enable you to get the years extension?.