Thai baht to plummet ? Thailand worst hit

13 hours ago, Mansell said:

The money doesn’t have to be paid back....it is just paper, so you just write it off.....end of story.

That’s quite correct, in fact no need to even print it,

they just add a line of zeros onto their cash balance sheet and transfer it....takes seconds......no need to pause it back...and they are all doing it, australia all of a sudden is throwing billions like it’s confetti........deflation may well be the result........

On 4/26/2020 at 11:30 AM, sanemax said:

The UK now has 6 million unemployed claiming benefits , the UK Gov is printing money and giving it away , that money will have to be paid back in the future .

It took the UK 20 years to recover from WW2 , this could be similar or even worse

Thailand won't have too many issues WRT printing money. 

All they have been doing is giving the people double doses of false hopes.

Well triple. 

5000 / 5000 / 5000.

To be informed that the information wrong on their applications. 

17 million people are farmers who didn't know about it. 

All this topped off with a dessert of "Sorry for the confusion "...

Meanwhile millions out of work and people starving. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 12:13 PM, theoldgit said:

But the Thai Government don't seem to be handing out shed loads of cash to the unemployed, affected businesses etc on the same scale as some Western Governments, all of which will have to repaid sooner ot later.

Correct. 

All they have handed out so far is false hopes. 

Still haven't heard anything about anyone who has received any money. 

Just sad stories about poverty line people who are starving and getting no government help.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 8:56 AM, madmen said:

The baht will NEVER die. No matter what you throw at hit, condo! Market wont crash in fact prices will increase, Thai bussines logic will prevail 

madmen was not born in 1997; it probably explains his answer. 

On 4/26/2020 at 9:13 AM, theoldgit said:

But the Thai Government don't seem to be handing out shed loads of cash to the unemployed, affected businesses etc on the same scale as some Western Governments, all of which will have to repaid sooner ot later.

This is unfortunately correct for the first statement;
when the second, since Nixon decided in 1971 that the dollar was no longer convertible into gold .... this currency is worth almost its value in paper ie peanuts.

This is also the case for the euro; currencies that are worthless but that are the ones that all markets use.
the baht next door is nothing

It is said (in authorized circles :cheesy:) that at the end of the Covid, so in a few months if not years, the European countries would return to their national currencies because the euro will have exploded.

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

Correct. 

All they have handed out so far is false hopes. 

Still haven't heard anything about anyone who has received any money. 

Just sad stories about poverty line people who are starving and getting no government help.

No one is "starving" though , there is plenty of free food around at designating places 

3 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

This is unfortunately correct for the first statement;
when the second, since Nixon decided in 1971 that the dollar was no longer convertible into gold .... this currency is worth almost its value in paper ie peanuts.

This is also the case for the euro; currencies that are worthless but that are the ones that all markets use.
the baht next door is nothing

It is said (in authorized circles :cheesy:) that at the end of the Covid, so in a few months if not years, the European countries would return to their national currencies because the euro will have exploded.

Pity they dont stay in them as well.

On 4/26/2020 at 9:02 AM, cornishcarlos said:

I've read both and both headlines contain the word "could"....

Because they don't know either.. They think it might be harder to deal with as it will possibly run concurrent with normal flu season, not that it will be worse.

So it is not generally accepted that the 2nd wave will be worse. 

A friend of mine in Australia has tod me the cases of flu this year are far less this year than other years, could wearing of mask be the reason?

Edited by peleid
Spelling

3 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

The other day it was 10 to 15 millions with little or no benefits.

And the by product of this is more desperate people... Just yesterday one of our restaurant huts got broken into, probably by someone who was hungry !! 

1587963650743.jpg

3 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

And the by product of this is more desperate people... Just yesterday one of our restaurant huts got broken into, probably by someone who was hungry !! 

1587963650743.jpg

Unfortunately it will get worse before it gets better, stay safe.

4 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

1587963650743.jpg

A strong wind would have broken that lock and door 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Unfortunately it will get worse before it gets better, stay safe.

Unfortunately you are right.. Double unfortunately I'm stuck in Singapore so my wife is on her own to deal with this !! But I won't be allowed back in for a long time yet..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

No one is "starving" though , there is plenty of free food around at designating places 

Where.?

My partner is in Buriram province, Nangrong. 

Nothing on offer here.

Nor do the village heads know anything about it. 

Still in lockdown. 

Daily movement monitored. 

No money or explanations. 

And definitely no food assistance. 

5 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Unfortunately you are right.. Double unfortunately I'm stuck in Singapore so my wife is on her own to deal with this !! But I won't be allowed back in for a long time yet..

Sorry to hear that, apparently at least for 1 month more ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cornishcarlos said:

Lucky yer didn't get stuck in Mousehole with Denzil Pembethryn n Jethro.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Ditto.

I'm stranded in Australia. 

I can leave  even though they say do not travel.

When flights start again. 

I was flying back March 27th. 

Thai airways stop flying early on March 25th. 

And I know it's sounding like a broken gramaphone, but no money from the government and definitely no food assistance. 

Just extra from bank of Farang...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Where.?

My partner is in Buriram province, Nangrong. 

Nothing on offer here.

Nor do the village heads know anything about it. 

Still in lockdown. 

Daily movement monitored. 

No money or explanations. 

And definitely no food assistance. 

Plenty in Chaing Mai

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I was actually in Mousehole at Xmas, didn't see Denzel mind ??

..............we visited Friends in St Columb years ago, Emits the Cornish called Tourists,thats ants i think. "Me Luver" some Locals Men called me shocked the Wife, Christ they think im Gay or something. just a friendky term there. Loved the place.

• Like 2

The Thai Baht is only weakening because the US$ is gettind stronger. Basically the same as every other currency. The current world demand for the US$ is huge. Even with low oil prices. Put your money in US$ right now but watch for the turning point and devaluation.