Britain passes 'terrible' milestone of 20,000 coronavirus deaths

rooster59

7 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

You want to count deaths without testing?

How scientific. Just make them.up and scare people 555

No, count deaths where a doctor has determined COVID-19 and then run a statistical analysis of all deaths v deaths attributed by testing and seasonal norms. 

Scientists regularly rely on the underlying math. 

Ditto the following:

7 minutes ago, RayongBudgie said:

And you have evidence of the autospies performed on these 23000 or so old people homes deaths? 

If you have a problem with the mathematics of examining sets of data where variables are known in one set but not in another you don't understand maths or science. 

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

In 1918, during the influenza outbreak of that year, New South Wales lost 18,000 people in 2 weeks.  I think a bit of perspective is needed in this present reporting frenzy. 

( source quote: 'The Crew', by David Price. Apollo Books) 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1

In my own opinion, the reason it is high is that the UK are not hiding the numbers and are listing people that died with it, not necessarily due to it.

The uk also has a huge obesity problem made up of people that cannot breathe without help anyway (even the NHS staff are 50% obese), and a huge proportion of people that are basically kept alive longer than the rest of the world into extreme old age.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

In my own opinion, the reason it is high is that the UK are not hiding the numbers and are listing people that died with it, not necessarily due to it.

Is that the same UK that is just quoting hospital deaths and ignoring all non hospital deaths ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

The uk also has a huge obesity problem made up of people that cannot breathe without help anyway (even the NHS staff are 50% obese), and a huge proportion of people that are basically kept alive longer than the rest of the world into extreme old age.

It has been widely reported that Corona has become a 'catch all' on death certificates where people have died from various natural causes like Heart attacks, Stroke etc. The figures are being manipulated and the public are being conned. Bill Gates is funding a BBC global charity which has enabled him to secure airtime in which to push an agenda in which he used the phrase "Myself and other health experts...." and wasn't challenged when he did so.

WHO (no phun intended) is this bloke medical-wise and where is this going?

Edited by evadgib

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Is that the same UK that is just quoting hospital deaths and ignoring all non hospital deaths ?

Those figures are published about a week or 10 days later I believe. The UK clearly shows graphs showing much high death than normal, nothing is being hidden in the long run. I agree the number is more than the died in hospital amount and that is picked up on the overall death rate published later. I've yet to see many other countries publishing the same death figures -is Thailand publishing this years deaths to last years ?  I seriously doubt it

Total hype and spin ! 20,000 deaths sounds an awful lot worse than 0.03% of the population.

4 hours ago, RayongBudgie said:

The press love to manipulate by sensationalizing (SP) the figures, especially the anti government UK media.

If they report the deaths per 1 million the UK lags well behind France, Italy, Spain and Belgium.

The UK death rate is 299 per million which I think equates to 0.0299 percent per million. If my Maths is wrong, please correct.

Also neither the UK Government or media give recovery figures which I find strange.

Hi Budgie, excuse me for being the one to correct the maths, but 0.0299 percent is a proportion in it,s own right, and is the correct percentage for the entire British population of around 68 million, NOT per million people ????

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

It has been widely reported that Corona has become a 'catch all' on death certificates where people have died from various natural causes like Heart attacks, Stroke etc. The figures are being manipulated and the public are being conned.

I do not believe that people who did not have Covid/corona are being labelled as having the virus, on their death certificate 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Spanish Flu was most deadly on its second passing and there was no national policy of shut-down to prevent it spreading.

I think a little perspective is needed in this present whataboutary, obfuscation and denial.

And what do you think will happen when the lock-downs are lifted ?

The UK passed 20000 deaths from corona a couple of weeks ago.

Its just that the government is refusing to acknowledge that by including the figures from care homes and residencies.

Desperate to keep the daily figure under 1000 per day. Desperate not to break 20000 acknowledged deaths.

Desperate not to rocket up the league tables of corona virus deaths.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

lol the real total is now between 43,000 and 46,000 because Johnson and his hapless mob have only been recording (deliberately) hospital deaths and not deaths elsewhere primarily from old peoples homes knowing how catastrophic they are

We have a death record currently only marginally behind the USA despite a population of only 1/5th the size.

Johnson and Cummings will almost certainly face calls for collective manslaughter when this is all over for the incompetance and deliberate protection of their chums business interests initially

Staggeringly only today its reported that we are to put people arriving in the UK into quarantine something that should have happened on March 1st. The knives are very very sharp for that blond bombers back make no mistake and rightly so. Even now there are many that dont believe he caught Corona in the first place and has been hiding in his fridge snorting and quaffing Champers with Carrie throughout.....

I dont subscribe to that but when you have a serial liar for a PM what do you expect

Yes exactly what i read in a couple of articles,in a way it like road accidents in Thailand only count's if your dead at the scene[though they may have changed that,not sure],so they are massaging the figures,not counting deaths in care homes,or elsewhere,a disgrace,the most bungled effort in the world to try to control this.Trump is a unhinged maniac but at least he has been visible and talking to the nation ,Johnson, must at least after 2 weeks be able to do a quick video and speak to the nation,but no sign of him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

No, that is a different UK. The UK government does publish figures for what you asked for but they don't usually send them to you as you're not on their mailing list. Google can help though if you look for 'uk deaths weekly' you will easily find

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/weeklyprovisionalfiguresondeathsregisteredinenglandandwales

Of course, if you do no research and just shout some made up stuff, your question then makes some sense.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

In 1918, during the influenza outbreak of that year, New South Wales lost 18,000 people in 2 weeks.  I think a bit of perspective is needed in this present reporting frenzy. 

( source quote: 'The Crew', by David Price. Apollo Books) 

Compared to what 30 now?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Although you do have to click on your link, download the figures and then open it with "office", something I was unable to do .

I would appreciate it in future if you dont suggest/accuse me of making things up

UK coronavirus deaths more than double official figure, according to FT study | Free to read

https://www.ft.com/content/67e6a4ee-3d05-43bc-ba03-e239799fa6ab

Thanks .

Your statement "The UK is hiding the numbers by not including those who died in care homes etc." in your post was proved untrue. You made that bit up.

Incidentally, the link you sent merely parrots the figures in the link I sent. They googled it too.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

I do not believe that people who did not have Covid/corona are being labelled as having the virus, on their death certificate 

Nor do I, but if they also had a Stroke, Heart attack, Cancer...

1 minute ago, Syduan said:

This was the prediction when this fake pandemic first came to light, according to this we should all be dead by now. Don't believe a word they say.

I believe family members working in ICU units much more than a donut like you. 

• Like 2