Booze industry urges govt to lift prohibition

snoop1130

Just now, SoilSpoil said:

In my opinion alcohol should be banned forever, made a class 1, drug, and other much better and less damaging mind altering substances legalized. 

Perhaps it is worth noting that since 1989 it has the WHO classification of a Class 1 carcinogen.

My few cattle and a lot of dairy farmers in this area ,will glad of the lift of the ban ,the spent barley grains from the beer brewing industry ,are feed to cattle,a good feed they are too ,since the ban very little  beer has been brewed , so no brewers grains for our cattle ,and very little  to substitute them, some spent grains from the making of Ovaltine but not enough to go round .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saradoc1972 said:

From what I know Lao Kao is made putting a covered aluminium pot in the sun for two days with two measures of rice and one measure of sugar.
Does anybody know, how much water? 

Can someone answer this please 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dmaxdan said:

And what of the thousands of people whose livelyhoods depend on sales and distribution of alcohol? And the billions of baht that the government rakes in every year from the tax on alcohol sales? Whatever the decision the government decide on has to focus on the bigger picture. 

why do you listen to these wowsers treat them with the contempt they deserve!

2 hours ago, Muzzique said:

The number of emergency A&E cases that were alcohol related have fallen from 40% to around 15% which has freed up much needed emergency medical staff and beds. This ban is likely to continue well into the summer/autumn so get used to it. 

If the government didn't hide the true virus figures you would see why it is needed. Thailand is in a deep hole at the moment with CV19. You can probably tell this from the severity of the lock down against so few cases reported, the size of the mismatch.

The issuing of doctored figures is designed to prevent civil unrest. This is probably the best way for everyone's safety including yours.

So just sip on your iced tea and enjoy the rest. We should see things easing off by October hopefully.

Im sorry - who are you?

14 minutes ago, VictorInBKK said:

Pretty obvious that provinces are reacting to what is being decided in Bangkok. Provincial Governors are essentially spokesmen these days.

By the way, I find it sad how fast those who dont drink / care about alcohol go out of their way to judge others in these threads.

I would not read more than 2 posts in a thread that was discussing an ongoing ban on conventional massage services, let alone messing around with those wanting them back... 

If the national government wanted a national ban, I'm pretty sure they'd just do it, as they've done in the past. 

This seems to have been mostly the initiative of governors, hence the staggered stop dates which were then replaced by a uniform date of April 30th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannork said:

I'm toiling in the fields of our farm every day and returning home at 6.00 pm, those first and second beers are pure heaven.

The first quenches the thirst, like a plant deprived of water. The second kicks in, the mild euphoria rejuvenates me.

Although I'm more likely to be found lounging on the sofa than in a field, I'd describe my first couple of beers of the day in much the same way. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vogie said:

I hope Leo, Chang and Singha are banned permanently and only allow sales of Cheers and Tiger.

Cheers? You must be kidding. That's one of the worst lagers in the market. Anyway you got it right with Tiger ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

My wife wife got 2 cases of beer today from the Mom 'n Pop shop I have always patronised.

Any extension of the ban will simply not work because people will not put up with it, and by people I mean both the customers, and the retailers.

To give an example, our village is just one of 25 in a small jurisdiction outside of Chiang Rai, There are hundreds if not thousands of other villages like ours in the province as a whole.

The wholesaler in our village has a warehouse where he can store 100's upon 100's of cases of beer all on pallets.

I would be careful posting an illegal activity at the moment plus giving away the location. There are a lot of vultures at present looking for any opportunity to financially punish the "wrong doers". Enjoy your beer ????