Anyone done their 90-day report at CW within the amnesty period?

As above. First off it's not necessary to do it till after July 31. Yes, I know this.

Reason to ask is that if CW is still handling 90-day reports and not turning people away then I figure I have time on my hands so why not. Bonus is CW is pretty empty now I hear. So please say if you've been there in this period and successfully filed your TM47. Thanks.

Yeah well look at my replies to you other posts. 

To your credit you have confirmed what is fact. You can attend imm for 90 day report if it suits you.

I'm in your boat. If easy I would continue with 90 report. 

Also 1 million % do annual extension if due.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

To your credit you have confirmed what is fact. You can attend imm for 90 day report if it suits you.

I will go end of this week or early next. Unfortunately my extension isn't due till next year.

Btw, can I ask re the docs to take? Here's what I understand:

Filled TM 47

Passport + copies of front and visa page

Copy of TM 6

Proof of address = copy of rental contract + bills addressed to me.

Did I miss anything?

2 minutes ago, Why Me said:

I will go end of this week or early next. Unfortunately my extension isn't due till next year.

Filled TM 47

Copy of TM 6

Did I miss anything?

You need state what the annual extension is based on. Example retirement or marriage etc.

Also what your original visa entry was. Non O-A or Non-O etc

• Thanks 1

I find that mailing 90 days TM47 is the way to go. Just mailed out on the 21st regardless of amnesty period. Mail 15 days prior to due date. Include copy of passport (bio page, Entry stamp page, visa stamp page, TM6 copy), last 90 days receipt print out, if you have one and completed TM47. Make sure you sign and date at bottom of each page of every copy. Include self addressed envelope with 10 THB stamp to receive your return TM47 report receipt from Immigration for placing into your passport. Mail via registered mail and keep receipt for record. It usually takes around 10 days after mailing to get return receipt from immigration but holidays can cause delays. Some people like the online method after waiting to get password. I understand it takes 7 days for approval and you need to logon and check status and then print out your receipt. So for me i have a mail kiosk nearby to mail. Mail out and not worry with it... get receipt in mail. Otherwise if doing online, you must check status and then once approved, you got to print it. The other factor that plays into the reason why i mail is, if after attempting an online report, something goes wrong, you are now out of the window to mail and will now have to travel to CW to do in person.

20200420_023041.jpg

Edited by Obiwon

19 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

meanwhile I did 90 day online, easy.
now waiting for marriage extension on-line renewal announcement ????

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KKr said:

meanwhile I did 90 day online, easy.
now waiting for marriage extension on-line renewal announcement ????

Can also do 90 report via mail.

One thing for sure is that there won't be any annual marriage extension done online.

• Haha 1

I tried to do my 90 day report last month, the app told me to go to immigration, I mailed it in and they returned it and told me to go to immigration... I am going next Tuesday to renew my annual extension and will ask thenm then what the deal is.

On 4/27/2020 at 8:46 PM, Why Me said:

Color me seriously impressed.

I saw the the imm hotline no. 1178 and thought heck I'll just dial and see if it's even active (that's 8:30pm at night) in which case I'll make a point to call tomorrow.

Bang, answering system, I choose English, and a woman comes online in 1min. and speaks Thai. I struggle. She is very kind and says hold on let me find someone who speaks English. An English speaking woman comes on who is as helpful.

She says "If you are available sure you can go in. They give the amnesty because some foreigners are scared to go out. Have you tried online (yes, but it's my first time, won't work). Ok, if you think can go no problem they'll help you."

I repeatedly tell her my fear of being turned away at this time. No, you should be ok. Then she explains the docs I need all very patiently.

Lordie, I can't believe this even happened.

Why do the report when you don't have to?? First people complain about having to do the 90 days reports,and when it's not needed you're complaining about the possibility not to be able to do it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Why do the report when you don't have to??

a. I have to go in at some point because it's my first report so no online.

b. I have an infinite amount of time on my hands now. Don't ask why.

c. With the amnesty till July 31 CW is likely to be empty so a short wait.

7 hours ago, Why Me said:

a. I have to go in at some point because it's my first report so no online.

b. I have an infinite amount of time on my hands now. Don't ask why.

c. With the amnesty till July 31 CW is likely to be empty so a short wait.

1) But it is not required so the online option is not relevant.

2) Take a walk in the park and feed the ducks.

3) It will be empty because not many will be wasting their time doing unnecessary things... ducks are hungry!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

1) But it is not required so the online option is not relevant.

cannot find the text of the "amnesty" now, but wonder whether it is addressed to those that get visa extension under the amnesty and could possibly stay over 90 days, or to all that stay over 90-days including those on Marriage and Retirement extensions?

anyone read the original draft as published ?

On 4/27/2020 at 9:00 PM, Why Me said:

Filled TM 47

Copy of TM 6

Did I miss anything?

If you are going in person you only need the filled out tm47 and your original passport. Did mine last week arrived at 8:15 am Q number 85 took 1 hour. Changwattana 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

This from the original order issue on the the 7th that has been extended to July 31st.

"(2) the period of time for the notification of residence under Section 37 (5) of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) or in accordance with the relevant notifications of the Ministry of Interior, upon the completion of the period of time for the notification of residence for such alien, shall be extended as from 26 March B.E. 2563 (2020) to 30 April B.E. 2563 (2020);"

And this from section 37 of the immigration act.

"5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the
competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as
possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is
an Immigration Office , the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office."

It is for everybody not just tourists.

I made the decision shortly after the order was issued on the 7th not to do my report that was due on the 18th of this month.

Hi Ubonjoe  
First of all many many thanks for all of your help and yes we all know that different Immigration offices  that interpretation  does differ.
I want to share my experience and yes hope it help others.
Under 5. you 100 per cent spot on and my local Immigration office, Kanchanaburi  yesterday 28th April  stated in a message that you still have to confirm your living address in writing.
I asked if it would be ok to come in to your office and also asked when my next date  90 day report would be but "please come in to our offices" and can not state the date as we waiting on the officer and the new order. By the way my existing 90 day reporting was 11th May so will go probably before.
I am also going to go when I have to do essential shopping and also to school to pick up new books etc and I noted the video and the Immigration Office where a kind of  pulley with a drawer underneath, which slides to and from the Officer and more than adequate alcohol  liquid/ soap.
In theory it is a kind of reporting but going to put it on writing paper but the next 90 day will take care of itself in due course.
Also put on your contact numbers and emails so that they can contact you.
Cheers all and hope you and yours all safe
Regards John west

Update:

Went this morning to do my 90-day report at CW. In at 10:00 out 10:32. (My first report so in-person would have been required at some point amnesty or not). I wouldn't say the place was a ghost town but pleasantly quiet.

They are being good about sanitation/distancing so if you're worried about catching something looks like the risk is about the same as in a supermarket. If you have business that needs to be done in-person and can be done now you might consider going in at this time regardless amnesty, simply to take advantage of the low volume.

I understand they'll work it out so that people aren't breaking down the barricades on Aug. 1 but from what I saw today at CW there's really no reason to not go now.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Why Me
Just loved you 2 posts and was trying to reply to your first one. Well done on some common sense, as well as excellent posts and thank you.
Yes some pathetic people, right Doctor who on this forum claiming that people who go out do so not only at their own risk but others but as you say the security measures are indeed superior cleanliness and yes and 2 metre rule and indeed as you say a lot less people.
Yes and in my local 7/11 sometimes the queues are very good but in the main very good and if not the locals do remind them and yes 100 per cent all got masks on too.

Edited by jwest10
more content
  • Thanks 1

Why do you even bother going in person when you can do it online? True sometimes the system is down so try again later. Once you get in you might have try a couple of times to get it to work as intended, but it does work. I was approved same day. You don't even need to upload any documents, just fill out the form and submit. So easy!

On 4/29/2020 at 9:47 AM, 5633572526 said:

If you are going in person you only need the filled out tm47 and your original passport. Did mine last week arrived at 8:15 am Q number 85 took 1 hour. Changwattana 

Indeed, if report in person at CW only need passport and tm.47. Fairly quiet these days. Had tried to do online but failed, IO said need to report once in person first, next time online 'will work for sure'. 

Edited by cormanr7
add text