Thai woman conned out of thousands by "American" - he promised marriage and diamonds, she lost everything

webfact

On 4/28/2020 at 3:46 PM, nausea said:

I don't think anyone's claiming it was a genuine "American", most likely a Nigerian scammer using a false identity. Some of these women must live in a bubble, plenty of publicity's been given to numerous identical cases.

Could have been Somchai from next condo . 

On 4/28/2020 at 12:37 PM, ThailandRyan said:

And how can it be known he was actually an American, No actual phone calls, never hearing the voice, fake photos and such probably, Maybe it was the supposed other female who was working in conjunction with the Nigerians in their romance scams.  It is not newsworthy as other than the woman loosing money, as the rest of the story is unknown.... 

do you not understand the meaning of quotes?

On 4/28/2020 at 6:24 AM, webfact said:

Thaivisa notes that for years mostly Africans - and especially Nigerians - have been operating this scam in Thailand. 

And whilst the Africans were romance scamming the Thai women the Thai authorities were BLAMING the farangs.

There were one or two instances of farang involvement but they were mostly partnered with Thai Girl friends.

Sadly those of us who are engineers just looking for an honest relationship have to take the flack for all of this

Few years ago I saved a Cambodian taxi driver his wife, she was about to send money with WU when I got in his car. He looked stressed and then handed his phone to me and asked help please. In reality they are often Indians or Nigerians as usual... This scam keeps going circles like pyramid scams do.

Edited by ChaiyaTH