Thai PM says no billionaires offered financial help to Government

webfact

Did anybody really expect anything different?  That the people who have lived high on the hog at the Thai people's expense might offer some assistance when those same Thai people need it?

I didn't.  And I don't expect any of them will be chastised for their greed and selfish behaviour. They are well protected.

And if you'll forgive the observation; in the leader picture, Mr Prayuth does not seem entirely broken-hearted about that. Someone else who relies upon the nine-day rule

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1

If I was a Billionaire,

I would hire trucks from different cities at different times and head them to the Monkey City while on the way, buying Bananas & Trees from villagers and drop them off there.

I would hire people to plant thousands of Banana trees in the area & other fruit trees there that monkeys could eat on bought land.

I would buy very large areas of land up north or extend the Land for the Elephants there and buy Elephants in captivity and start letting them be free.

I would plant in the area any trees that the elephants could eat and dig large bodies of water for them or other animals to play & drink from.

I would extend the monks land area that take care of Tigers and add more trees for the Tigers to live.

I would Spayed all the female Dogs & Cats to reduce the population & ownership and help Soi Dog Foundation expand to all cities plus educate villagers.  

I would build temples with monks to protect all the areas and provide food & money to live among Nature Peacefully & Respectfully.

I would provide enclosed trucks & vans to let people view nature at a cost to them to see Nature and not allow them to Destroy it.

I would build tourist hotels just outside the areas with education and information on that area, in a more tropical setting with hotels spaced very far apart and pay during low season for poor children to go and stay there.

There are many, many things Billionaires can do to help, except save their own Souls.

• Like 1

A disgrace that people with so much money won't help out their fellow citizens in dire need. 

They have more money than they ever need in one lifetime.

Hopefully karma will kick their ass. 

What is the saying in thai? 

Tam dee dâai dee tam chûa dâai chûa

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

Excellent post.

Coup supporters here should take note.

I concur also. 

The only difference is under this rule of law shall we say it kept the madness of bombing to a minimum which is the only plus point as I see it. 

• Sad 1

Refresh my memory, did not Mr. Prayuth offer CP Group owned True Move to postpone their 1 billion dollars 4G licence payments last year?

Time to demand. Margin call then.

Edited by heina
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, SAINT THOMAS said:

If I was a Billionaire,

I would hire trucks from different cities at different times and head them to the Monkey City while on the way, buying Bananas & Trees from villagers and drop them off there.

I would hire people to plant thousands of Banana trees in the area & other fruit trees there that monkeys could eat on bought land.

I would buy very large areas of land up north or extend the Land for the Elephants there and buy Elephants in captivity and start letting them be free.

I would plant in the area any trees that the elephants could eat and dig large bodies of water for them or other animals to play & drink from.

I would extend the monks land area that take care of Tigers and add more trees for the Tigers to live.

I would Spayed all the female Dogs & Cats to reduce the population & ownership and help Soi Dog Foundation expand to all cities plus educate villagers.  

I would build temples with monks to protect all the areas and provide food & money to live among Nature Peacefully & Respectfully.

I would provide enclosed trucks & vans to let people view nature at a cost to them to see Nature and not allow them to Destroy it.

I would build tourist hotels just outside the areas with education and information on that area, in a more tropical setting with hotels spaced very far apart and pay during low season for poor children to go and stay there.

There are many, many things Billionaires can do to help, except save their own Souls.

If I was a billionaire I'd buy another sailboat lol

All these billionaires are doing their donation and CSR all the times.  In Covid19 crisis, they do thier best jobs , just not through the governments,

Examples being, tip of the iceburg

Thai Beverage Chang beer, donate 24 million bath cash, donate alcohol gel to many hospitals etc. They support local products like plants , fabric to intgrate to world market, etc

CP all build factory to produce massively face masks. Donate millions of cash to fight covids,

Thai people donate to Chanel3 for amount 0f 41 million baht to fight covid and they close to recieve the donation already due to improved situation,

and thousands of list goes on

most of this charity news are in Thai, Just you dont see it, does not mean it is not existing. Be open minded

Edited by Ratchsima
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

While asking them to volunteer is nice, the only way these tightwads will ever release a dime is to tax them and then prosecute them and try to confiscate the few scraps they leave behind when they flee taxation.

On 4/28/2020 at 11:19 AM, webfact said:

Thai PM says no billionaires offered financial help to Government

Just take their money same as you took Thailand eh?

I mean after all had you asked Thailand if you could take over the country they all would have also told you no

• Haha 2

On 4/29/2020 at 5:55 AM, colinneil said:

The rich are certainly not going to help anyone but themselves.

The didnt get rich helping others, but got rich by exploiting others.

Just another example of me me me.

People get rich in one of two ways.  By providing products or services people value more than the money they exchange for them.  In this way most rich people have contributed more to society than they ever could giving their wealth away.

The other way is through special favors (corruption) of the government.  This is a drain on society but only possible because of government 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 12:29 PM, heina said:

Refresh my memory, did not Mr. Prayuth offer CP Group owned True Move to postpone their 1 billion dollars 4G licence payments last year?

Time to demand. Margin call then.

Problem with anything like this in Thailand is that the thin veneer of rule of law quickly fades when big money is involved. 

It's a bully culture. The only thing respected is power. Laws and ethics are largely secondary. 

The PM would understand that being heavy handed with a behemoth like CP could end up very serious for him (maybe even violently). 

Thailand is a mediaeval system dressed up to look modern. 

Edited by Fex Bluse

2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Problem with anything like this in Thailand is that the thin veneer of rule of law quickly fades when big money is involved. 

It's a bully culture. The only thing respected is power. Laws and ethics are largely secondary. 

The PM would understand that being heavy handed with a behemoth like CP could end up very serious for him (maybe even violently). 

Thailand is a mediaeval system dressed up to look modern. 

He is finished and there will be no army government next outing. He won't stay in Thailand 

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2020 at 4:33 AM, bodga said:

Incredible, me  first to the very  top.

You have to think about not many billionaires if any have a billion in the bank, they are only billionaires by virtue of their assets, such as building machines etc.

20 hours ago, tomauasia said:

He is finished and there will be no army government next outing. He won't stay in Thailand 

Perhaps you should read the latest Thai constitution, there will always be military in the Thai government.

The wife has being saying for the past 2 days that the billionaire Tanakon, him of the New Future party ,is giving/ going to give  3000 baht to the Thai people ,she has registered  today, how many hoops you need to jump though I do not know, wait and see.