Thai PM says no billionaires offered financial help to Government

webfact

6 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

So these people will now be getting their business blocked in some way I would bet. Eg sorry booze selling banned for another few months ! ????

Thats ok, but how much excise tax does the government lose?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Prayuth is exactly the kind of PM that all those idiots who supported Suthep and his Bangkok Shutdown deserve.( including posters on this forum ) I have no sympathy for any of those morons  who were patting themselves on the back for overthrowing democracy. Just too bad everyone else has to suffer the consequences as well.

As for Prayuth , sold some land a couple of years back for 600,000,000 baht to a new company based in the British Virgin Islands with no other business on their books. So he is not far short of being a billionaire himself. He should set an example , not be asking for others to donate. Supposed to be the great leader not a foot dragging follower.

Amen brother.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, SteveK said:

You could pick a handful of ministers, and between them they'd have enough money to feed millions of citizens for a year.

But they'd obviously rather get the begging bowl out.

they are so focused on the flow direction of money for decades that reversing it is quite frankly never going to happen - there is only one place any surplus ends up 

• Like 2

"He said some of these tycoons had expressed concern that, after the pandemic is over, some employees, who were provided with alternative jobs, might not return to work for them."

I am seriously struggeling, to find the words and not to be aggressive and insulting!

But maybe...just maybe...those "tycoons" should offer better working conditions or wages!

But sure: competition is the enmy of Thailand! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

I'm shocked as this seems the complete opposite of what I have been told about "Thainess."

Although it does explain the bad farang article of the last couple days; Doi Suthep cyclists, Pattaya beach geezers. If Farangs are actively handing out free food, documented and praised in Thai media and thai billionaires are not ... something must be done.  :thumbsup:

Doi Suthep cyclists????? Must be some form of suicide to cycle up that mountain during high season when PM 2.5 air pollution is the worst on the planet by double! It would be far more healthy to stay home and smoke three packs of cigarettes. ???? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

Why are some people dissing the billionaires? This mess is not their fault. Do not assume that I think that the billionaires are zippidy doo, altruistic, nice types but the current leaders are at fault here not the billionaires.

A true leader leads by example, not by sending out begging letters and blaming non-politicians for not coming to his rescue. The leaders are not poor, they just have unexplained wealth.

A classic case of blame deflection.

you nailed it

• Like 2

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

The rich are certainly not going to help anyone but themselves.

The didnt get rich helping others, but got rich by exploiting others.

Just another example of me me me.

Maybe they are like the rest of us and are hoping he just goes away?

• Like 2