Project on enhancing students’ skills gets green light

webfact

By THE NATION

800_86bb53eee15668c.jpg

FILE PHOTO

In line with the Education Ministry’s proposal, the Cabinet on Tuesday (April 28) gave the go ahead to a project that aims to boost the competency of students at 8,224 schools nationwide.

The project, which costs Bt51.904 billion, will provide the latest teaching materials as well as include infrastructure such as smart classrooms or sound labs and digital platforms for learning.

Of the participating schools, 7,079 are primary schools, while 1,145 are secondary schools. The budget, earmarked for 2020 to 2022, will be divided into Bt10.12 billion for the first year, Bt20.619 billion and the remainder for the last year.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386934

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-29

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The project, which costs Bt51.904 billion, will provide the latest teaching materials as well as include infrastructure such as smart classrooms or sound labs and digital platforms for learning.

'smart classrooms' If only it would include smart teachers too.

I wrote this a couple of weeks ago in another topic:

For years I've always said to my son that if he doesn't understand something, to ask rather than sit there and not say anything. Not a Thai attitude I know.

A year or so ago he mentioned to me that his teacher had given him a bit of a hard time for asking questions.

He said that his dad had told him to ask if he didn't understand something.

The teacher's reply: "Well it's not the Thai way to do it." Hence he stopped asking so much.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

In line with the Education Ministry’s proposal, the Cabinet on Tuesday (April 28) gave the go ahead to a project that aims to boost the competency of students at 8,224 schools nationwide.

Another stab at getting the education system right.... a stab in the dark !!!

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Sounds great ,But isn't it up to the Student and the Teachers to Enhance the Students Skills? If either one isn't doing their Job (Teacher Must Teach-Student Must Learn) I Think that there's a Lot off money going to be Wasted and going to the Wrong places .No amount off money is going to do any good if they can't get the basics right (Teaching-Learning)   :wai:????