How much money are you saving while under lockdown?

Brunolem

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

How much is the "fortune"?

My monthly 'holiday' trips on average cost around 40 to 50k depending on chosen hotels, eating and drinking, how many there are in the bar when I ring the bell, and how many handbags and shoes the wife buys. It's a fortune to me.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Andy from Kent said:

what's the secret to lower electric bill when ya stay home 24/7?

Turn the lights off to start with if like my wife has to turn the lights on all the time everytime she walks into the room set your air cons to 25 degrees and close all doors, dont have it on during the day just open the doors let the wind blow through.

Our bill was over a 1000 baht less this month

41 minutes ago, Saltire said:

My monthly 'holiday' trips on average cost around 40 to 50k depending on chosen hotels, eating and drinking, how many there are in the bar when I ring the bell, and how many handbags and shoes the wife buys. It's a fortune to me.

OK, got it.

I am not saving anything,really it's the opposite, going online

to Aliexpress,Shoppe,and Lazada, and ordering stuff I think

I must have,which will be broken,or in a cupboard a few weeks

after it arrives. 

regards Worgeordie

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

OK.

April 2020 compared to Jan. down 60.86%. 25 year old girlfriend who swore she would never leave me and we travel all over Thailand. I authorize emergency party funding that started in December. I buy six different cosplay outfits for her.  

April 2020 compared to Feb. down 32.07%. 25 year old girlfriend resting at the house. Government cancelled full moon party she wanted to go to late Feb so no go. Pattaya trip cancelled. Feb would have been like Jan but virus is starting show up. Thank god for those cosplay outfits.              

April 2020 compared to Mar. down 30.94%. Next trip cancelled. 25 year old girlfriend wants to party every night till 3 AM. March 10 we both get sore throats after dancing at the Hilton in Hin Hin with a large group of tourists and we self quarantine and symptoms disappear within two days. I say we need to stay locked down for two weeks. 25 year old girlfriend leaves for home March 15. "Home" turns out to be some French guy who drinks like a fish and probably rounds his percentages off to a whole number. President Trump authorizes $1,200 for me to party.      

and April compared to what I would normally spend down 27.68%

does that answer your question?        

You probably don't have covid 19, but you certainly have a condition. 

Do they have mental institutions in Hua Hin? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, NCC1701A said:

no. 

There is a reputed one in Ubon Ratchatani. 

Do you want their contact information? 

Now that (almost) everything is reopening, they could have you transferred by ambulance in a matter of hours... 

• Haha 1

even if you saved 100,000 baht...the MENTAL toll on the planet will put the enjoyment of having an extra 100,000 much lower.  

i'm shopping more.  oh, no, i'll spend a few thousand baht more this month!!!! lol.  doesn't matter

money versus communication ..... in the long-run, money is meaningless  

spend less means less freedom!!!  that is bad. 

spending less means you are in a prison.  that is bad

24 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

You probably don't have covid 19, but you certainly have a condition. 

Do they have mental institutions in Hua Hin? 

I understand the technical term is satyriasis.

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

we can get 3 or 4 meals or put in the freezer for later day,

Electric bill over a 1000 baht less this month,

More food in the freezer would mean a higher electric bill?  Also staying at home more has increased my electric from added refrigerator and freezer items, cooking more on the induction countertop, plus more A/C.

Haven't calculated it, yet believe I am spending more.   Still walking/pedal biking daily, still have ST guests over,  and still visit my favorite massage girls east of Soi Buakaw.  Beer and spirits still available at the local mom and pop shop. 

My philanthropy in helping Thais is needed now more than ever, so still spending locally as much as possible. 

Gave up on worrying about CV about 3 weeks ago in Pattaya.  Only 14 cases still active in all of Chon buri province. Everyone else has recovered. Tested negative 3 weeks ago. No tourists allowed in since April 4. 

Staying safe, no one has coughed on me, I have not coughed on anyone. I wear mask when amongst other people out and about and in grocery stores. Nothing else to do but be aware and keep hands clean and sanitized while out.  Not going to stop living for 12-18 months waiting for a vaccine  

Asians: Wear masks to prevent OTHERS from getting sick.   

Farangs: Masks don't protect ME so I'm not gonna wear them.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

There is a reputed one in Ubon Ratchatani. 

Do you want their contact information? 

Now that (almost) everything is reopening, they could have you transferred by ambulance in a matter of hours... 

you are not the French guy are you?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

April 2020 compared to Jan. down 60.86%. 

April 2020 compared to Feb. down 32.07%.         

April 2020 compared to Mar. down 30.94%

If my April budget was 60% lower than January, I would be getting by on 16,000 baht a month ???? 

• Haha 1