How much money are you saving while under lockdown?

Brunolem

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Whilst that is a net saving I've been climbing up the walls without the social contact of the office

Tell me about it. Im used to high pressure 13-14 hour days day in and day out and then BANG sit at the house all day twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do. 

Id take a job as a Kerry delivery driver if I was allowed just to pass the time. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Tell me about it. Im used to high pressure 13-14 hour days day in and day out and then BANG sit at the house all day twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do. 

Yeah, agree although I gave up the high pressure stuff a while back. I find I'm doing a lot more paperwork and a lot less engineering, at least it's helping to clear the backlog ????

saving big time, but i'm not in LOS at the mo. can buy alcohol but too scared to go out too often. no facemask order here atm. no leisure activities. car does 3 weeks to the gallon. it does suck though. have money but can not do anything with it.

• Like 2

I've not actually kept track of what we have spent in simple maths, I have not filled up the truck for over a month obviously not going to the bar everyday still have beers at home which work out half price, eating and cooking at home buying the food from makro no going out for morning coffees buy from 7/11 for 25 baht instead of 85 baht.

The wife is a good cook she make big pans of soups and stews and curries that way we can get 3 or 4 meals or put in the freezer for later day,

Electric bill over a 1000 baht less this month,

Like someone mentioned no buying new clothes

We stopped the cleaner we will do ourselves for now 

Overall we must have saved quite a bit.

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Since I met my GF 7 years ago, she buys shirts and pants for me in the secondhand shops. Saves a bundle.

My GF's mom sent me two T-shirts which she thought I'd like: One is a Singha shirt in Royal Yellow and the other is a Leo Shirt, white with large Leo Tiger on the front. Not sure if she's sending some sort of message...waiting for the SangSom Sportshirt ....

6 minutes ago, tonray said:

My GF's mom sent me two T-shirts which she thought I'd like: One is a Singha shirt in Royal Yellow and the other is a Leo Shirt, white with large Leo Tiger on the front. Not sure if she's sending some sort of message...waiting for the SangSom Sportshirt ....

LOL, you feel she's hinting you're an alcoholic? If they are XXXL, that would be confirmation.

• Like 1

I went to makro last Sunday and they have discounts on certain food items I dont know if they are doing it in your area worth a look, a few things a normally buy had some discount 3 tins of beans down to 60 baht

• Like 1

I save a lot because of the alcohol ban alone. When I am paying at the cashier for my shopping the amount is so small now and I always ask myself what I forgot to buy or if the cashier made a mistake. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Saltire said:

My normal budget is 10 to 15K per month, now it's easily less than 10k

51 minutes ago, Saltire said:

So now we have been nowhere for more than 3 months and am saving a fortune but now as bored as F

How much is the "fortune"?