Birthday tributes flood in for fund-raising British veteran 'Captain Tom'

snoop1130

As per 5# above he has been made an Honorary Colonel by Her Majesty in recognition of his achievement which was just shy of 30 mill' about an hour ago .. 

Fly past over his manor by a WW2 Spitfire and Hurricane abit earlier .. 

When asked about the flypast he said " The first time I seen Spitfires was in the War when they flew in anger .. today they flew in peace " ..

What a top chap ???? .. 

IMG_20200430_091045.jpg

IMG_20200430_091106.jpg

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

If they are going to Knight the Colonel, and they should, why are they taking so long about it?  Its not that he has time on his hands is it.  Get on with it politicos.  

HM only does it twice per year. I can see him being honoured in the Birthday list in June (& i'd like to see him pick it up on VJ day, given he served in Burma/Far East).

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

HM only does it twice per year. I can see him being honoured in the Birthday list in June (& i'd like to see him pick it up on VJ day, given he served in Burma/Far East).

That's just protocol BS, they could do it now if they really wanted to, he may well not be around in June, although I hope that he is.  Every day, every hour is precious to this chap.  

Just now, Pilotman said:

That's just protocol BS, they could do it now if they really wanted to, he may well not be around in June, although I hope that he is.  Every day, every hour is precious to this chap.  

I assumed you realize I knew all that ????

(& I'd like to see Dame Vera's record back at no 1 in time for VE day too)

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

I assumed you realize I knew all that ????

(& I'd like to see Dame Vera's record back at no 1 in time for VE day too)

I did, it was for the benefit of others if 'benefit' is the right word to use.    

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1