Booze ban: Governor doesn't wait for government, extends ban to May 15th

webfact

5 hours ago, Ventenio said:

your MIND should be soooo STRONG that any ban means NOTHING

I say ban it until the year 3000......who must have alcohol in their body??

Ban it until the year 100000000..... it will only make my resolve stronger

i am not controlled by anything......but i guess controlled by someone

anyhow.....don't worry drunk farangs....those beer guts aren't very sexy

Don't you just love the sneering, self righteous, boring and unpleasant fumducks that post on here from time to time?

Let's get one thing crystal - it's not about foreigners, because we're classified as lowly migrants and the government couldn't give a monkeys about our booze enforcement complaints. Peeing in the wind is appropriate.

The ban's main aim is to control the populace from getting pie-eyed, holding parties, making a racket, and - as a result - generally infecting everyone they encounter, especially at  holiday times like this weekend. The odds are that some Thais will always have access to booze, but not the majority, who could face legal action and fines if caught.

If another month or so results in similar low infection stats with a gentle relaxing of business closures, I would welcome it - far better here right now than living in the UK. 

I've found that Heineken Zero is palatable enough, and my local Big C has at long last learnt it isn't an alcoholic drink. And I know several expats who also have an alcohol source - so if you're that desperate, get off your backside instead of moaning and collect it yourself. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

In addition to my post above, it's also a clear indication from the PM that the alcohol ban could continue until the drink industry billionaires reciprocate in funding the government out of this economic crisis in lost taxation. Underlying politics at play, here. 

As we know Thailand is a country that attracts many different people for different reasons.  For those who are there to enjoy the culture, the food and the weather, a booze ban will be a piece of cake.  For those who like Thailand for the booze, bars and boom boom, then these are lean times indeed.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

So Thailand is becoming a dry country now. These politicians love this game of banning. It's time to start brewing your own stuff. Hard times indeed.

or get the duck out of fodge

• Haha 2

So Thailand is becoming a dry country now. These politicians love this game of banning. It's time to start brewing your own stuff. Hard times indeed.

Yea that will give them an other reason to arrest and charge you . It's Illegal to Brew your own But Hey who cares.  :burp: 

1 hour ago, jaiyen said:

I DONT KNOW ANY OTHER COUNTRY THAT HAS BANNED ALCOHOL SALES. Here in Perth all bars and clubs are closed but you can still buy booze in the shops

you can buy but there is a limit to the quantity. Same in NSW, QLD, VIC.ACT,TAS NT .... 

I believe it's 3 boxes of beer per time.

Ok for the life of me what has banning grog got to do with the virus? Ok shut the bars understand that but selling take aways why not? Oh well it will cost them a lot of money They must have heaps Just buy a few more less tanks i guess

Wheeeeeeeeeessst  Hic Oooh  White Lightning.

Bull <deleted>, provincial governors do not know what is best, a world pandemic needs a national response, not a local response from somebody  with possible interests in certain relaxations, i think Prayut should be asked who is running the country and who will be held to account for an out of control spike by an ill informed governor?

Considering how much alcohol has ruined lives over the years through traffic accidents, domestic violence etc etc, a couple of dry months might just convince some people they don't need to live life in a blind stupor every day !

9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I just hope some of the other Governors around the country don't blindly follow suit in a knee jerk reaction.

But it seems that small shops still have stock all over Thailand ?!

• Like 1

It makes me laugh in ways, trying to ban something most of the population enjoys, in a lawless country like this, they've had Yabba banned with big fines and prison, look how well that has worked...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jaiyen said:

I DONT KNOW ANY OTHER COUNTRY THAT HAS BANNED ALCOHOL SALES. Here in Perth all bars and clubs are closed but you can still buy booze in the shops

South Africa (selling cigarettes too) and yes, Saudi too...

10 hours ago, Ventenio said:

your MIND should be soooo STRONG that any ban means NOTHING

I say ban it until the year 3000......who must have alcohol in their body??

Ban it until the year 100000000..... it will only make my resolve stronger

i am not controlled by anything......but i guess controlled by someone

anyhow.....don't worry drunk farangs....those beer guts aren't very sexy

What’s your problem.

4 hours ago, ubon farang said:

Ok for the life of me what has banning grog got to do with the virus? Ok shut the bars understand that but selling take aways why not? Oh well it will cost them a lot of money They must have heaps Just buy a few more less tanks i guess

They have a lot more now that they arent keeping their promise to give the people they've ordered not to work 5,000 baht  a month for 3 months.

Now its  just  a  ONE off payment .

How a family can  be expected to  live on 5,000 baht for THREE MONTHS  is beyond all comprehension !

And around my way they havent spent anything on feeding stations either ...

The Government and their Local-Proxies (the unelected Governors) have the power to ban the sale the sale of alcohol (which has *nothing* to do with "flattening-the-curve", because that was achieved weeks ago  -  it has to do with Social-Control of the population).  --  Do they also have the power to open up + fund free-food stations for the people who currently have no income ? [ - Forget the "nationwide Bt5,000 scheme ... it isn't working].   ----  Are there *any* sections of the National/Local-Government *anywhere* in the country who are providing free-food ? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, andersonat said:

The Government and their Local-Proxies (the unelected Governors) have the power to ban the sale the sale of alcohol (which has *nothing* to do with "flattening-the-curve", because that was achieved weeks ago  -  it has to do with Social-Control of the population).  --  Do they also have the power to open up + fund free-food stations for the people who currently have no income ? [ - Forget the "nationwide Bt5,000 scheme ... it isn't working].   ----  Are there *any* sections of the National/Local-Government *anywhere* in the country who are providing free-food ? 

Not only the province governor who has power , look at the Head Of The Village , what they say goes