CONFIRMED: Alcohol sales banned until further notice, some businesses allowed to reopen

webfact

1 minute ago, fondue zoo said:

Did everyone get the memo?  The 7/11 near me was restocking their alcohol fridges only an hour ago for tomorrow.  They seemed to think the ban was over as of midnight tonight.

That's how I understand it too: ban lifted tonight and it will restart 3rd of may.

I've just called Big C now, they dont lnow yet what they'll do tomorrow.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

Yeah I don't understand that at all. What does it have to do with coronavirus ?

It has nothing to do with the virus and eveything to do with suppression of the plebes.

Because they can!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

Yeah I don't understand that at all. What does it have to do with coronavirus ?

My guess is, they have realised the number of road accidents, with deaths are well down. Still doesn't stop the crazy driving though.

21 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Links to these scientific facts please.

Personally I cannot wait till 6 o'clock.

A few beers and then kick hell out of the Wife.

I drink beer so I must do that according to some of the trolls on here.

Ever heard of google? there are hundreds of of articles on studies that prove links between stress and alcohol, just like there are with drugs. 
Come on dude, this is basic high school knowledge..  :coffee1:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

This could become a new business model for Thailand. Beach holidays for people who want to get rid of their alcohol addiction. Instead of temperatures checks like now alcohol checks. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheDark said:

Learn new skills, learn to cook better, read books, play chess or cards (online if no other people around), learn to improve your Thai both talk and read.. pretty much anything which keeps the brain fed. 

Finding things like interesting hobbies in Thailand is not that easy. F.ex. I like to restore classic cars and they completely destroyed any possibility of that with the ban on importing them. Only thing that seems to be happening is making robots.

Many people seem to have drinking and mongering as their main hobbies, unless they are already sedate octogenarians that'll play chess against themself.

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes sure thanks, I love golf not drinking and will certainly be enjoying myself.

They go hand in hand, well for real golfers which I suspect you are not. Where exactly do you play your links golf in Thailand?.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Heelbiter said:

Had a stock of booze to last the month! Wasn't counting on another one!! So great isolated can't do Jack s@@t and no booze.... but hey no worries i won't get the virus!! Because i can't get alcohol..geniuses so they are

Just waiting for the battle with the wife over the 2 bottles of special occasion champagne in the fridge, after I've resorted to the dusty bottles of grappa and pear vodka at the back of the cupboard..

2 hours ago, chowny77 said:

I hope the thais will now see what kind of government they have in place. As far as I know, no other government in any country has banned its people from consuming alcohol at home. The <deleted> will hit the fan soon. 

Has the Thai government banned drinking at home?

No

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

That's how I understand it too: ban lifted tonight and it will restart 3rd of may.

I've just called Big C now, they dont lnow yet what they'll do tomorrow.

Maybe this is why most of the provinces haven't announced.  Come tomorrow, they'll broadcast that the alcohol ban will take effect on 3 May.  Would be sensible.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, apetryxx said:

I want out of here so badly but my wife and Thai family are all here along with my worldly goods and artwork that I love. If I leave I can’t get back. No air travel, no hotels, good restaurants, a total ghost country for no good reason other than the junta wanting total control. How to ruin a country in one easy lesson.

You could pack it ready so when it opens up you can be first in line in the exodus. At least make a plan. Thailand is promising to look utterly boring in it's "new normal". Might well be the grand masterplan anyway.

Edited by DrTuner

4 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Maybe this is why most of the provinces haven't announced.  Come tomorrow, they'll broadcast that the alcohol ban will take effect on 3 May.  Would be sensible.

I hope! Am going to Korat City tomorrow and if they're selling the precious again, I'll stock up! 5 boxes for May. Yahoo! Happy evenings ahead. If not, I'm moving to a province where they're not so daft. 

Just now, djayz said:

I hope! Am going to Korat City tomorrow and if they're selling the precious again, I'll stock up! 5 boxes for May. Yahoo! Happy evenings ahead. If not, I'm moving to a province where they're not so daft. 

Sorry to wake you up from nice dream.

No booze sales May 1&2

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, saminoz said:

It has nothing to do with the virus and eveything to do with suppression of the plebes.

Because they can!

It's to stop the average local male thinking he can spend the last of the family's money on Lao Khao while the wife's queuing up for charity food.

• Like 2