CONFIRMED: Alcohol sales banned until further notice, some businesses allowed to reopen

webfact

I think that there is a real concern for actual alcoholics who are deprived of drink, cold turkey. 

I am quite sure there are negative health issues associated with this sort of thing. How carefully was this thought through? 

And interestingly, the US is having awakenings of the unconstitutional disruption of personal liberties; good thing we don't have any of those here. 

Another extension of martial law. Excessive alcohol consumption often brings out the worst in some people. Wouldn't want that spilling out into the streets now would we?

10m people unemployed and looking for someone to answer for ruining their lives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Me too!

I've still got two bottles of rum left .... now the mom and pop stores have all run out it's easier to buy drugs than alcohol.

This. 

It's all very good being able to buy it on the sly but none of the stores have been restocked for three weeks and my locals at least have all run out.  

The only winners from the alcohol ban are yaba dealers. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Rumor has it that when restaurants/cafes reopen the government intends to ban McDonalds and KFC since it seems incorrect diet depletes your immune system. 

Smokes to follow.

The average fried food is equal if not more unhealthy than KFC. Few Thai dishes are actually healthy, I don't know any that even has enough vegetables.
Cancer rates are pretty high in Thailand, I think a few cigarets are quite innocent in that regard.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

Yeah I don't understand that at all. What does it have to do with coronavirus ?

Drunk ppl can create 'disturbances' esp.  if they have lost their biz or jobs

I believe the Korat shooter went on a rampage for a paltry 50k baht.

There's also the social-gathering/partying hazard

• Like 1

I do not drink unless social, do not need it or enjoy it. However...

It is heart warming to see the Muslims and other control freaks have finally gotten the upper hand and are able to stop people from drinking. Think of all the Livers they will save (sarc)

5 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

The average fried food is equal if not more unhealthy than KFC. Few Thai dishes are actually healthy, I don't know any that even has enough vegetables.
Cancer rates are pretty high in Thailand, I think a few cigarets are quite innocent in that regard.

I think what makes general Thai street food unhealthy is the oil they use (palm oil),  lot's of MSG and too much sugar in some cases. however, if you cook Thai food at home and cut out the crappy stuff, then it can be extremely healthy! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Anyone entering any of the aforementioned businesses must wear a facemask. Hand sanitizer must be provided for customers to use. 

There must be at least one metre distance must be maintained between persons inside the business premises.

More nonsense. How can you eat in a reopened restaurant while wearing a mask? How can you be attended to in a salon while one metre apart from the staff?>

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Why keep using word ABUSE.

Reading your stuff is a good laugh.

5p is my start time

I cant wait only 31 mins to go before i can have a shandy and slap the wife

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just tightening the screw until they get the requisite large enough wads of cash from the breweries ... isn't it obvious ... there is no other rational or logical explanation ... or is there?

• Like 2