Lifting booze ban could fuel contagion: Taweesin

snoop1130

Whatever governments around the world were told it has caused serious action. They can always argue that without their serious action, things would have been worse. Even in Thailand with a military government they seem to be taking it very seriously.  But also they see and copy here very well in many things. So they heard about the second wave, particularly in Singapore in the dorms. They have many similar situations here. So what started out as a ban over Songkran morphed into a ban aimed at stopping the spread, particularly amongst young people and worker camps. Plus it's not such a big deal to many Thais. For a start most Thai women dont drink or if they do only one or two so they wont care. None of the elite will care about the village drunks, people who are kee mao. Many Thais voluntarily dont drink for 3 months from July for buddhist purposes, buddhism doesnt encourage drinking anyway. Also WHO recommends alcohol restrictions. For example many in Australia were seriously concerned their government might close liquor outlets. So the Government here may not lose as much popularity as you might think.

Already before the ban was due to end Anutin basically said they weren't even going to consider lifting it. Then the booze industry lobbied and there was some confusion as some one in the administration said oh there might be a window for 2 days probably in an effort to placate the industry. It was enough to get the logistics rolling there were deliveries around yesterday and so on. Before the big boys had their meeting yesterday and kiboshed it. They are petrified of Covid and even a dolt like the PM can see this is his big opportunity to come out looking better than he went in. So I'm afraid those of us that enjoy a drink are collateral damage. Longer term I guess it depends on the figures but the odds are shortening for an extended ban right up until "awk pensar?" in October. Although the loosening of the ban at the end of this month is still the favourite. Its gonna be another long month. Now I'm going out to see if I can get a couple.

1 hour ago, allen303 said:

You are absolutely right, as large testing in NYC started, they have already found 15-20% may have been asymptomatic. Some medical doctors have come out now and stated possibly up to 50% of the population may be asymptomatic to some extent. So, lowering the death rate to near .02-3%. However, it does spread more easily then the flue does.

First of all there is no test to detect covid19 because the virus has not been isolated per the Koch postulate criteria (1890).

Secondly the RT (PCR) test developed by Kary Mullis in 1984 “should not be used for diagnostic purposes”, his words not mine.

If anyone is interested in getting more info the following are good places to start, seeing as we all have lots of time on our hands.

Dr. Andrew Kaufman

Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai

Dr. Rashid Buttar

Dr. Judy Mikovits

You probably won’t find these on YouTube, but bitchute or londonreal.com.

very interesting.

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

Thaksin was corrupt, but not as corrupt as the current lot. Should've stuck with the devil you know. And I mean the man himself, not the hapless little sis.

Quite agree - literally voted himself into power by installing 150 of his cronies/fellow soldiers into the Senate. i.e. ................................ constitution also allows the NCPO to appoint an eight to ten person panel who will choose Senators,

And for those of short memories, who/what was the The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO)? The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO; was the military junta that ruled Thailand between its 2014 Thai coup d'état on 22 May 2014 and 10 July 2019.

This is the "democratic" Government that Thailand has!

1 hour ago, rasmus5150 said:

Maybe people don't remember Thailand before military. I do.

Flooded Bangkok, Crazy Rice scheme, Killing of southerners and total chaos.......

I'll take any alcohol ban, before wanting the Thaksin clan back in power (which luckily will never happen again - good riddance).......

So you're blaming the flooding of Bangkok on the previous Government?

21 hours ago, Snig27 said:

Doesn't seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer. 

He's after Anutin's title of The Man with the Smallest Brain in Government.  The competition is fierce these last couple of months.

I guess the country needs to prepare for Saudi tourists and wants to make them feel at home. This is how they kill the country as a place for dirty Western tourists I guess. Sad!

1 hour ago, lavender19 said:

Don’t think I can share link on here but just reading a quite reputable site and they are saying the booze ban could last until September ??

Well with some of the restrictions lifted and a mass exodus off Phuket, domestic flights operating again and holiday this weekend. Who knows there could be a massive spike and then they could extend it. 

As said by many I didn't even know markets were supposed to be closed because none of them have been around here and it was only about ten days ago that they started the compulsory wearing of masks at the local market. 

10 minutes ago, Knocker33 said:

Well with some of the restrictions lifted and a mass exodus off Phuket, domestic flights operating again and holiday this weekend. Who knows there could be a massive spike and then they could extend it. 

As said by many I didn't even know markets were supposed to be closed because none of them have been around here and it was only about ten days ago that they started the compulsory wearing of masks at the local market. 

Just checked with wishbeer dot com, they replied they're still unable to deliver. They DID, however, offer some very nice discounts on any future deliveries once they're able to return to business.

3 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

The ban on sale of alcohol will be lifted on Sunday 3rd May. More information will be released tomorrow but it looks like the only stipulation is that you must takeaway. You cannot drink on the premises

and you haven't yet produced the evidence.  Where did you read that? 

3 hours ago, sambum said:

So you're blaming the flooding of Bangkok on the previous Government?

i 100% blame them.

Filling all water reservoirs to the brink, to help their core voters - bought Isaan farmers.

Then the rainy season comes, they need to let out water at the same time as the heavy downpours, creating huge floods in the center of Thailand.

Water hits Chao Phraya where it cannot flow directly into the Siam Bay. Thaksin Government creates a huge flood barrier north of Bangkok, and lets all the spillage run to the East and West of Bangkok. Most of Thonburi was flooded for over a month.

So yes, I blame them.

10 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

The ban on sale of alcohol will be lifted on Sunday 3rd May. More information will be released tomorrow but it looks like the only stipulation is that you must takeaway. You cannot drink on the premises

Source?

• Haha 1

Just now, totally thaied up said:

Richard Barrow - Twitter

haha here we go again. Richard Barrow doesn't know everything, but we will see. I will stand corrected about this, and maybe him, if and when it happens, but I will not be holding my breath. 

5 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Thaksin was corrupt, but not as corrupt as the current lot. Should've stuck with the devil you know. And I mean the man himself, not the hapless little sis.

The man himself  ????.......

He was obviously more corrupt (openly) than anybody in current government.

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

so what! the ban is lifted. party on, Wayne's World. 

Stock up well, cuz us alcoholics are going to embarrass ourselves and the ban will get slammed right back on. ????:burp::cheesy:

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

haha here we go again. Richard Barrow doesn't know everything, but we will see. I will stand corrected about this, and maybe him, if and when it happens, but I will not be holding my breath. 

and I do stand corrected. 

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

and I do stand corrected. 

Why doubt him? He was only reporting what was already being reported elsewhere. He does a great job aggregating news for English language speakers but it's usually already out there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Why doubt him? He was only reporting what was already being reported elsewhere. He does a great job aggregating news for English language speakers but it's usually already out there.

I am not a big fan, but good for you if you are.