How many of us are stuck outside Thailand due to virus? ?

sirineou

6 minutes ago, Berti said:

It seems that we have to wait until 30. June at least.

Koreans also not allowed to enter until then.

Most people on this topic agree they would go into 14 days quarantine and pay for it. But no way right now (maybe unofficial ways).

There are rumors that the Thai government will first repatriate all citizens first and then make the next step with foreigners (or even worse, then start to think about the next step).

You're right.. It's all just guessing until then unfortunately.. 

8 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

You're right.. It's all just guessing until then unfortunately.. 

At the moment they are repatriating 300 Thai nationals each day, I read that all flights are fully booked for June 

I assume the number of 300 each day is due to limited availability of Goverement facilities for the 14 Day 14-day mandatory quarantine. Mu understanding is they initally tried 14 day self isolation but found that people lied about their previous travel and were going out meeting people during the 14 day self isolation period

Scenes from a Thai government Covid-19 quarantine facility: barracks living, but great Thai food

https://www.scmp.com/video/coronavirus/3080722/scenes-thai-government-covid-19-quarantine-facility-barracks-living-great

4 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

At the moment they are repatriating 300 Thai nationals each day, I read that all flights are fully booked for June 

I assume the number of 300 each day is due to limited availability of Goverement facilities for the 14 Day 14-day mandatory quarantine. Mu understanding is they initally tried 14 day self isolation but found that people lied about their previous travel and were going out meeting people during the 14 day self isolation period

Scenes from a Thai government Covid-19 quarantine facility: barracks living, but great Thai food

https://www.scmp.com/video/coronavirus/3080722/scenes-thai-government-covid-19-quarantine-facility-barracks-living-great

As long as there's wifi and I can work on my business and watch some netflix at night I'm fine. Even if it's in quote on quote prison lol. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Not so bad. Reminds me of summer camps as a student. ????

Would be a new experience you never forget in a lifetime.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:
1 hour ago, Berti said:

Again an airline which resumes flights to BKK and HKG in July.

Just sayin'

And wondering.

https://www.airlive.net/finnair-to-resume-flights-to-40-destinations-from-july-1st/

Awesome ????

That's great news!

Indeed good news. Once one starts coming , the other ones will also jump in. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 8:32 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Hangon mate, slow down, you've wrote a lot but there's not a lot of sense.

What I can make out is the US and its failing. 

Yes, the US has failed miserably, Donald has no idea how to manage the situation, now his people are rebelling because they are confused, mixed messages, poor leadership.

I'm praising Thailand (and Australia) for their decision making, protecting their people by closing their borders. 
Its a huge sacrifice, the economy is suffering, its costing Thailand a fortune. 
Thailand's youth will pay the price, for many, many years to come. 

Thailand will also be lagging, it will be much slower to grow their economy once there is a normal because it will take many years before tourism gets back on track.

Unfortunately there will be collateral damage, lots of issues, one of them will be the expats and their families, they are suffering.

Keeping Thailands people safe takes a higher priority. 

You should stay off the internet.

Here in Florida everything is back to open, even the gyms.

If that is failing, what is being locked down with no flights in a country that is losing money hand over fist and no way to earn it back?

Thailand is what is failing. No where to come up with any money for the losses they are incurring.

Thailand logic is thinking the tourists will be back in droves in July. 

That won't happen and the losses will get worse and worse and worse.

Question? Who is an expert in managing first-time pandemics?

I personally have never heard of one politician that was an expert in anything.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bwpage3 said:
On 5/18/2020 at 7:32 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Hangon mate, slow down, you've wrote a lot but there's not a lot of sense.

What I can make out is the US and its failing. 

Yes, the US has failed miserably, Donald has no idea how to manage the situation, now his people are rebelling because they are confused, mixed messages, poor leadership.

I'm praising Thailand (and Australia) for their decision making, protecting their people by closing their borders. 
Its a huge sacrifice, the economy is suffering, its costing Thailand a fortune. 
Thailand's youth will pay the price, for many, many years to come. 

Thailand will also be lagging, it will be much slower to grow their economy once there is a normal because it will take many years before tourism gets back on track.

Unfortunately there will be collateral damage, lots of issues, one of them will be the expats and their families, they are suffering.

Keeping Thailands people safe takes a higher priority. 

You should stay off the internet.

Here in Florida everything is back to open, even the gyms.

If that is failing, what is being locked down with no flights in a country that is losing money hand over fist and no way to earn it back?

Thailand is what is failing. No where to come up with any money for the losses they are incurring.

Thailand logic is thinking the tourists will be back in droves in July. 

That won't happen and the losses will get worse and worse and worse.

Question? Who is an expert in managing first-time pandemics?

I personally have never heard of one politician that was an expert in anything

WELL DONE........Nearly 100,000 deaths, yep great job, keep up the good work.

On a serious note, Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine.

Many years ago I was working offshore Angola and was forced to take this drug, these are nasty, frequent nightmares, constantly feeling nauseous, its something you really don’t want to take if there is no need.

I reckon he is fibbing, he couldn't possibly be that silly to be taking that drug.

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

WELL DONE........Nearly 100,000 deaths, yep great job, keep up the good work.

On a serious note, Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine.

Many years ago I was working offshore Angola and was forced to take this drug, these are nasty, frequent nightmares, constantly feeling nauseous, its something you really don’t want to take if there is no need.

I reckon he is fibbing, he couldn't possibly be that silly to be taking that drug.

Thai economy slips into recession after worst quarter in eight years!

Down the tubes Thailand goes.

On 5/8/2020 at 10:43 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

I reckon you're better off where you are.

Walking the streets and seeing the doom and gloom is not pleasant.
Being around all these miserable elderly guys, its depressing.............. glass half empty, negative, hostile, angry guys who act like old woman nagging and bitching.

They live in a shoebox (3m x 3m) they call home, no vehicle, no money to enjoy themselves. 

They spend more money on beer than that of their combined electric, rent, water bills added up, and having the recent alcohol ban just added to their hostility.

They don't exercise so they're in a lot of pain as the body can't cope with sitting at their computer 16 hours a day waiting to make a negative angry comment on one of their many social media web sites.

These people blame others for their misfortunes no accountability for their miserable lives.

They need to grow up............. probably too late as they are in their last years of life.

And do you personally know many people living in these circumstances? There must be many here in Pattaya but I have not seen any moaning and groaning about their lot, anyone over 70 realises they are better here than the UK. At least here you can get out when you want, walk, shop go to a caff for tea or coffee. And you can even buy drink again. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rott said:

And do you personally know many people living in these circumstances? There must be many here in Pattaya but I have not seen any moaning and groaning about their lot, anyone over 70 realises they are better here than the UK. At least here you can get out when you want, walk, shop go to a caff for tea or coffee. And you can even buy drink again. 

I do know many like this,  in Pattaya. A lot of them. 

Shoebox is actually about 8x4m, and they do have a scooter.

Otherwise the description fits the average Pattaya "expat" very well. 

16 minutes ago, Berti said:

It would be great if we could keep this thread for people stuck outside Thailand, and future ways how to get there.

What do you think?

Clearly all over the world people are for lockdowns, against lockdowns, and most for a reasonable way.

Yes I agree.

What would be even greater if the comments stop blaming others for their own poor decisions.

I will make comment if I see negativity towards Thailand and others when it's clear the member is at fault.

Thailand (and many other leading countries) has put in place a safety guard to protect its citizens, it would be foolish to remove the safety practices to please the whinging and whining. 

These childlike comments brings down the audience which encourages more childlike comments from other members.

Let's keep things professional, stop blaming others and cut out the hostility. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is what it is, I have suggested to my family I will not see them until next year.

When international air travel does open up there are likely to be restrictions for a while, hungover from the virus, not into quarantine and other stuff.

When the restrictions are eventually lifted, space will be at a premium, possibly expensive, until we see how many airlines are operating what routes.

Throw in the December peak period, and a flight in November is about the best I would hope for, given limited holiday time (as I may still be working) the possible restrictions, and my reluctance to commit at this moment, next year for ease of travel, choice, and flexibility, is looking more likely from my situation when things have hopefully settled down.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Yes I agree.

What would be even greater if the comments stop blaming others for their own poor decisions.

I will make comment if I see negativity towards Thailand and others when it's clear the member is at fault.

Thailand (and many other leading countries) has put in place a safety guard to protect its citizens, it would be foolish to remove the safety practices to please the whinging and whining. 

These childlike comments brings down the audience which encourages more childlike comments from other members.

Let's keep things professional, stop blaming others and cut out the hostility. 

The cost in the number of deaths due to the failing economy will or already has surpassed the CV deaths.

So at some point it will NOT be foolish to remove safety practices and get the economy going again.

No one can make a prediction at this point, however, come December, if the tourists have not returned in massive numbers, things are going to get quite worse for Thailand.

• Thanks 1

I think, and have said for some time, that the Thai government - regardless of what one thinks of them, past actions or whatever - isn’t blind to the realities inside and outside of the Kingdom.. I am absolutely sure they watch and talk to neighboring countries about their plans and such forth.. I am also sure that at some level “discussions” are had with major business entities like the department store/mall operators, airlines, hotels, manufacturing, agriculture, etc.. after all, those entities represent a fair percentage of the economy.

To me, I think the government has already laid out if you will, their initial plans.. right now, it’s all about getting/allowing nationals (Thais only) to come “home”... and I myself think that’s the right thing to do...

.. and since the clear plan is to put ALL returnees into 14-day forced quarantine, that’s most likely what any non-national will have to do as well.

so, my guess is that once most of the Thais have come home, then they’ll start with foreigners... and given there is a limited amount of quarantine space, it makes sense to allow for a few days to as much a week or two, to “clear” space to allow a new group to start their 14-day stay.

.... and I think - based only on what they did with the first of the several stages of inbound travel “bans”, (I’m referring to those out into place by the CAAT), that those non-nationals in the first group allowed back will be work permit, SMART visa and diplomatic... again- just based off what they showed as being the priority earlier.

i do agree with an earlier comment that I could see it managed somewhat like the have done for Thais.. a foreigner who qualifies for group 1 reentry would have to get a re-entry type permit from their Thai embassy.. and to get that, you’d have to show the local embassy a COVID test and heath insurance... since the embassy would be “local” it would be easier for the embassy to verify documents; then issue a permit or assign a return date.... again, that’s how I could see it managed. 

What I’m somewhat dying to know is how much will be the change be for the forced quarantine be? as example, Korea is over $1K I recall for the 2-weeks.. part of me can easily see this has having the added “benefit” to local hotels as a means of income generation during the lockdown/no-tourist period.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, new2here said:

What I’m somewhat dying to know is how much will be the change be for the forced quarantine be? as example, Korea is over $1K I recall for the 2-weeks.. part of me can easily see this has having the added “benefit” to local hotels as a means of income generation during the lockdown/no-tourist period.

Absolutely agree. Thailand had almost 40 million Tourists per year (I think business travelers not included). The capacities are huge.

It is hard to explain why the government does not facilitate "quarantine business". I think also tourists would go into a convenient hotel quarantine if they will stay 2-3 months.

Also hard to explain why this country can only handle 300 incoming Thais per day with so much experience and capacities in immigration and tourism.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Berti said:

Absolutely agree. Thailand had almost 40 million Tourists per year (I think business travelers not included). The capacities are huge.

It is hard to explain why the government does not facilitate "quarantine business". I think also tourists would go into a convenient hotel quarantine if they will stay 2-3 months.

Also hard to explain why this country can only handle 300 incoming Thais per day with so much experience and capacities in immigration and tourism.

One more point I would like to add:

Curious to see what would happen in case of a travel bubble with Korea or Cambodia with no quarantine for people who stayed in these countries before.

If people go into quarantine in Korea or maybe Cambodia then travel to Thailand. Would Korea accept this?

5 hours ago, new2here said:

I think, and have said for some time, that the Thai government - regardless of what one thinks of them, past actions or whatever - isn’t blind to the realities inside and outside of the Kingdom.. I am absolutely sure they watch and talk to neighboring countries about their plans and such forth.. I am also sure that at some level “discussions” are had with major business entities like the department store/mall operators, airlines, hotels, manufacturing, agriculture, etc.. after all, those entities represent a fair percentage of the economy.

To me, I think the government has already laid out if you will, their initial plans.. right now, it’s all about getting/allowing nationals (Thais only) to come “home”... and I myself think that’s the right thing to do...

.. and since the clear plan is to put ALL returnees into 14-day forced quarantine, that’s most likely what any non-national will have to do as well.

so, my guess is that once most of the Thais have come home, then they’ll start with foreigners... and given there is a limited amount of quarantine space, it makes sense to allow for a few days to as much a week or two, to “clear” space to allow a new group to start their 14-day stay.

.... and I think - based only on what they did with the first of the several stages of inbound travel “bans”, (I’m referring to those out into place by the CAAT), that those non-nationals in the first group allowed back will be work permit, SMART visa and diplomatic... again- just based off what they showed as being the priority earlier.

i do agree with an earlier comment that I could see it managed somewhat like the have done for Thais.. a foreigner who qualifies for group 1 reentry would have to get a re-entry type permit from their Thai embassy.. and to get that, you’d have to show the local embassy a COVID test and heath insurance... since the embassy would be “local” it would be easier for the embassy to verify documents; then issue a permit or assign a return date.... again, that’s how I could see it managed. 

Sounds logical but

1. If they proceed at the same speed as now they will need many months just to repatriate Thais. No tourist season 2020/2021.

2. If every arrival has to go into quarantine there will be no tourism. 

4 hours ago, Berti said:

And then another 14 days quarantine when they return to their home country? You’d have to be a pretty keen tourist!

12 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

And then another 14 days quarantine when they return to their home country? You’d have to be a pretty keen tourist!

Some people don't like being home too long.

LOL

But some countries require only a test for their citizens, then quarantine is no more required. Which makes sense when you arrive from countries with low cases.

7 minutes ago, Berti said:

Some people don't like being home too long.

LOL

But some countries require only a test for their citizens, then quarantine is no more required. Which makes sense when you arrive from countries with low cases.

Today's good news: "Two new studies suggest COVID-19 antibodies provide immunity "

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/498732-two-new-studies-suggest-covid-19-antibodies-provide-immunity

• Like 2