yes.

22 minutes ago, bangsaenguy said:

HomePro has been open for weeks.

no closed.

Was never shut long. 

closed all moth.

Your info about the June lockdown comes from a reliable source, of course?

yes. 

• Like 1

The Governor of Samut Prakan has just signed this order to keep closed 27 types of establishments until further notice. These include: cinemas, playgrounds, swimming pools, shopping mall, library, fitness centers, beauty clinics, museum and cockfighting pits. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Slightly aside....earlier today the bridge crossing from Phuket had to be closed.

Interesting article in Phuket News. 

Bit of a powder keg. 

Many thousands want OUT

Can't blame them can you? Stuck with no work or probably money by now in the most expensive part of Thailand, it's crazily expensive for me, Imagine what that must be like for an Isaan Thai...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There will be no second wave. Covid is gone from Thailand. Some seem to want to cling to the apocalypse scenario. We beat it. Accept that. Let people go on with their lives. The number of new cases is astonishingly low. Whatever they did, it worked. End the panic. Let it go. 

However, having said all that, from what I hear it is still more or less illegal to travel to other provinces? So, how is this being regulated? Is quarantine still in place, in many provinces, for people just coming in? I hear that is the case in Surat, and Korat, for sure. 

They've been pretty strict about the 14 day quarantine up here in Mukdahan, but it seems to have all fallen by the wayside in the last week or so...

Just now, zyphodb said:

Can't blame them can you? Stuck with no work or probably money by now in the most expensive part of Thailand, it's crazily expensive for me, Imagine what that must be like for an Isaan Thai...

Agree 1 million %> . Many folk here type about lockdown required and needs to be extended etc.

Then they trot off to the ATM to buy this and that. 

Added note, there would also be many farang that want out of Phuket and going crazy. 

I think Phuket news mentioned 40k wanting out of Phuket. Was that a typo?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

The Governor of Samut Prakan has just signed this order to keep closed 27 types of establishments until further notice. These include: cinemas, playgrounds, swimming pools, shopping mall, library, fitness centers, beauty clinics, museum and cockfighting pits. 

I notice museum is singular in your post, because Thailand only has one, right??

This will be interesting as the main Pattaya are is still locked down. So there could be a few turn around for the Bangkokians trying to enter (hopefully). Otherwise will be back to square one for Pattaya with all those diseased people coming this way from Bangkok.

Cheers

9 hours ago, Guderian said:

Six weeks or so ago, when people working in Bangkok lost their jobs and returned to their homes in the provinces, a major worsening of the C19 situation up-country in the coming weeks was predicted by many. We've been through several full virus incubation periods since then, and has it happened? I don't know why, but the C19 problem since then has remained focused on Bangkok and Phuket, and more recently the Deep South after infected Muslims returned from a religious ceremony in Malaysia. I haven't noticed any major clusters of infection up in Isaan.

Climate.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, tifino said:

the only relatively safe factor in the exodus, is that no LOS traveller has to put their own bare hands on a petrol bowser hosehandle, to refill the tank... 

Nor do they have to touch a urinal or dip stick to cleanse either at a gas stop or rest area/view point.....tell me more, like they do not have to touch anything in the store or off of a cart...come on, your just being naive if you really believe that because they do not touch the gas handle they are safe. plenty of other things and places......

Seeing the picture of the outbound vehicles I will say that in 2 to 3 weeks there will be

lots of people in hospitals or morgues from this weekend alone. Do not look for bodies

at the morgues, look for trailers to be parked nearby. or ask the workers at the morgues

how many urns are getting filled each day. The Covid numbers will be kept low of course

as it would be very bad to have high covid numbers, hint hint. Do not forget this is Thailand

LOS, and not Land of Lies.  555

Geezer

• Like 2

19 hours ago, JoePai said:

Was a stupid idea on the part of the Government to allow the holidays to go ahead in the first place

It's okay to allow the holiday which gives people who are still employed a 3 day break from work, what's stupid is the travel restrictions still apply but obviously being ignored.

This is a great example of Thais getting back to normal habits.... doesn't bode well for the lifting of the ban!

Just an after-thought.... social distancing inside vehicles, whole family/friends crammed into vehicles??

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Redline said:

So you believe the numbers, when you can’t even find out the proper death rate in Thailand?  In addition, they do nearly no testing-they said it’s a waste of money.

Yep, nothing like trying to work in the absence of proper numbers.

Still, Thais know best eh? No point trying to educate them, they already know it all.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

It's okay to allow the holiday which gives people who are still employed a 3 day break from work, what's stupid is the travel restrictions still apply but obviously being ignored.

This is a great example of Thais getting back to normal habits.... doesn't bode well for the lifting of the ban!

Just an after-thought.... social distancing inside vehicles, whole family/friends crammed into vehicles??

Yep. social distancing Thai-style - 8 people in the back of a pick-up. Still, if you can't see it, it can't be there eh? If it was there you'd be able to see it - no? Never really believed any of this germ/virus stuff anyway... Pass the fermented fish please...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ParkerN said:

Still, Thais know best eh? No point trying to educate them, they already know it all.

Too bad there isn't a Thai language version of ThaiVisa so the Thais could be educated by the non-Thais living in Thailand among the Thais who need to be educated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

do whatever you need to do during this brief period because the seconds wave will be here by the end of the month. 

another lock down will begin again sometime in June. 

i hope i can get a haircut and get to home pro when it opens. 

The last thing in the world Thailand needs is panic mongering. I appreciate alot of your posts, but this one was not necessary. Pure speculation, of the morbid variety. Let it go. We are getting on with our lives. 

7 hours ago, Redline said:

So you believe the numbers, when you can’t even find out the proper death rate in Thailand?  In addition, they do nearly no testing-they said it’s a waste of money.

i read 2960 cases.....54 deaths......NOT many from a population of around 65 million !!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Redline said:

Exactly, this is coming from the same mob that couldn't find a SINGLE prostitute in Pattaya

• Haha 2

I live in the North and know what traffic can be like on holiday weekends. I had to go out this morning and traffic was very light with no sign of the hordes from Bangkok. Nothing and 90+% of license plates where local. I can't believe the published pictures (they come from the Nation) about lines of cars. It looks like fake news. Probably from years past.

I want the lockout to end as much as anyone and initially thought it might force the issue. No such luck!

Edited by checkered flag