Air passengers should check destination restrictions prior to travel

rooster59

Air passengers should check destination restrictions prior to travel

000_1P91WU.jpg

File Image: AFP

As Nok Air, Thai AirAsia, Thai Lion Air and Thai VietJet have resumed domestic services from Lampang, Mae Sot, Phitsanuloke, Buriram, Sakhon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Roi-Et, Khon Kaen, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani, Trang, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Surat Thani and Krabi regional airports, Thailand’s Ministry of Transport is advising passengers to check advisories on local conditions and restrictions applicable at their destination prior to making their journey.

For example:

• Phitsanuloke – Local residents returning to the province must self-quarantine at home, or at a hotel for 14 days immediately upon their arrival. Those leaving the province only need to check the requirements oat their destination.
  • Buriram – All passengers must self-quarantine for 14 days and will have a validation sticker attached to their ID card or passport once they completed quarantine period.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/air-passengers-should-check-destination-restrictions-prior-to-travel/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-05-03

40 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Having various governors imposing their own take on things is nonsensical.

40 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Nightmare. Complete Chaos. 

That's what makes perfect sense to them! The less you try to understand them, the more relaxed you will become! :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

With differing provincial destination health requirements, which could change while you're in the air, shifts an undue burden from the airline/government to the passenger, IMO.

Who do they expect/want to be able to fly?

Maybe someone who is registered in their home province, while living in Bangkok, could return home (no interprovincial trains or buses now) for an emergency?

The airlines must be agitating for this - garnering a bit of revenue, while giving pilots some hours - while losing a tad more money.

5 hours ago, madmitch said:

And some think foreign tourists will be back in July!!!!

Someone has to live in hope.

Will the zillions of Chinese tourists threatening to visit actually arrive, according to some reports?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Buriram – All passengers must self-quarantine for 14 days and will have a validation sticker attached to their ID card or passport once they completed quarantine period.

...unless your name rhymes with gluten. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What is required is to have uniform rules in place or dont open airports at all.

One size fits all policies typically fit none.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, yourauntbob said:

One size fits all policies typically fit none.  

Rather than a throw away line.

Suggest your solution for domestic flight travel. 

Meaning detail guidelines. Put up or shut up.

I'm prepared to put up what is required for domestic flights

10 hours ago, madmitch said:

Yes the tourists who are stranded here at the moment wont even have left by then lol

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What is required is to have uniform rules in place or dont open airports at all.

Same happened in Oz and probably THE USA and many others.. Each state for themselves 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 9:55 AM, DrJack54 said:

Rather than a throw away line.

Suggest your solution for domestic flight travel. 

Meaning detail guidelines. Put up or shut up.

I'm prepared to put up what is required for domestic flights

Resume normal flights.  No extra precaution necessary in my opinion.  See any of my other posts which reflect my thoughts on this who situation.

If the government MUST get involved, allow each local government to place the appropriate restrictions as they see fit.  I will not supply "detail(ed) guidelines" as i am smart enough to know that i dont know what is best for others.  Each area of the country has difference considerations and only an authoritarian falsely believes they know what is best in areas of the country (world) they have never been.  .   

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, yourauntbob said:

Each area of the country has difference considerations

No each provience has bloke with a floppy wanting to be a big boy.

Same as the 4 areas that currently have booze ban. 

Burrium along with others such as Phitsanulok currently require 14 day quarantine for fly in Along with booze ban.

Are you so submissive.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

No each provience has bloke with a floppy wanting to be a big boy.

true, but none have power over the entire state and the more localized the power the more able the people to counter it.

Same as the 4 areas that currently have booze ban. 

4 provinces having booze bans is worse than none but better than all.

Are you so submissive.

Again, i think all of this is unnecessary/overkill.  If I was in charge i would allow individuals to make whatever choice suits them.  Provide accurate information and let people determine what risks are acceptable in their unique situation.  

On 5/3/2020 at 10:27 AM, madmitch said:

Only the ones that could afford a 14 day quarantine, on return to their home country. Even for those who can, it does seem unlikely. 

When there are many cases, the risk of one or two arriving on the plane is not proportionally threatening. When the country has reduced it's numbers to single digits, arrivals will then seem to be a threat, where not viewed as significant influence previously.

The UK is looking like to still be substantially locked down until the end of May...