Temperature checks at MRT and public parks

cormanr7

Funny experience this morning (May 3rd): at Ladphrao MRT a professional looking thermal camera, result 36.6 oC. Entrance to Chatuchak park: 33.2 oC, entrance to Suan Rot Fai (railway park) 31.7 oC (both reported without blinking an eye) , the latter two measured with a white toy-like laser-gun aimed roughly at your forehead. Not just for me, others scored the same values. I guess it actually just measures the ambient temperature!

• Haha 2

I had two reports of "Error-L" (below 30C apparently) on the original devices used at the office, new (more expensive) units give a nearly believable result.

These temperature tests are mostly rubbish......The conspiracy side of me says their only purpose is to soften people up for move invasive things in the future....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

At Lumpini tonight at 5 pm I was 35.7, and the GF was 37.8.  She had to sit in a time out for 10 minutes where they checked her again she was at 36.5 and got the green light and orange sticker so she could go run with me .......Thermal camera at Lumpini MRT for the past week, and at all other locations, with the seats and floors marked off inside the MRT rail transport train cars.

Lumpini is <deleted>.  Will not let people enter without a mask. Inside the park, most people take of their masks, even the people working there. But ofcause you must were it when you enter, because that is the message they got. Thai logic.....

On 5/3/2020 at 11:41 AM, cormanr7 said:

Entrance to Chatuchak park: 33.2 oC, entrance to Suan Rot Fai (railway park) 31.7 oC (both reported without blinking an eye)

Haha, I got 33.7 entering my local supermarket and I thought that was pretty low!

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

These temperature tests are mostly rubbish......The conspiracy side of me says their only purpose is to soften people up for move invasive things in the future....

They are supposed to measure within 1-3 cm from the forehead. Some thermometers manuals says 1-5 cm. To far away and the temperature will be way to low. A 7/11 close to where I'm staying has a very accurate thermometer if they measure within the correct distance. So it depends on the person doing it. 

7 hours ago, Max69xl said:

They are supposed to measure within 1-3 cm from the forehead. Some thermometers manuals says 1-5 cm. To far away and the temperature will be way to low. A 7/11 close to where I'm staying has a very accurate thermometer if they measure within the correct distance. So it depends on the person doing it. 

Correct, at some places (including the parks I have been too) they hold it at least 5-10 cm from your forehead, completely useless. At the 7/11's I have visited, temperature checks were done now and then (certainly not full time) but the personnel seems to have been better instructed and they normally manage to do a more or less accurate reading.

• Like 1