Thai tycoons loosen purse strings to help mitigate impact of Covid-19

webfact

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

But questions still have to be asked of the government... where were all the trillions when it was needed.

You kept boasting about being the best performing nation in Asia, having the best economy, highest monetary reserves etc etc.

Where was it when the nation needed it?

Someone higher up said. Don't spend my money on the plebs. They can starve for all l care. ????

4 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Will these pledged projects worth billions of baht actually help the needy? Those who stand in food lines every day?

Those who applied for 5,000 baht handout and got denied?

Wouldn't it just be much (better) easier to approve the 28 million applicants the 5,000 baht?

This would surely boost the economic recovery.

I find this very good news to read. Whatever the monetary sums end up being you can believe that at least some will get to the people who need it most. So we have to acknowledge and appreciate, thank and give credit to the donors for providing such funds. Long may this generosity continue!!

To the people on here who already are sarcastically criticising, making derogatory remarks, scoffing at the hand outs and generally showing disrespect to the donors. My message to you is that fortunately for the needy Thai population your mean mouthed words mean absolutely nothing to the donors and thankfully will not change one action of what is going to happen in the coming weeks. Quite frankly why be mean mouthed on this site and show your true character. If you do not like what is happening here in LOS then move to another country!!

• Sad 5
  • Haha 1

In reply to NEWNATIVE's comments. I completely agree with you about the negative posts here made mainly by the Pattaya Internet Trolls.

These are sad, bored and sarcastic people who get through the day by criticising whatever comes along. This is there way of getting through their miserable life!!

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hotrudester said:

I find this very good news to read. Whatever the monetary sums end up being you can believe that at least some will get to the people who need it mSo we have to acknowledge and appreciate, thank and give credit to the donors for providing such funds. Long may this generosity continue!!

To the people on here who already are sarcastically criticising, making derogatory remarks, scoffing at the hand outs and generally showing disrespect to the donors. My message to you is that fortunately for the needy Thai population your mean mouthed words mean absolutely nothing to the donors and thankfully will not change one action of what is going to happen in the coming weeks. Quite frankly why be mean mouthed on this site and show your true character. If you do not like what is happening here in LOS then move to another country!!

Why all the padding - just say it man: " If you don't like it just go home"!

"Quite frankly" I find your naivity, coupled with a supine acceptance that "Whatever the monetary sums end up being you can believe that at least some will get to the people who need it most." ( therefore accepting that much of it will be skimmed off ) as disturbing as you find those people criticising that "mealy mouthed"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Will these pledged projects worth billions of baht actually help the needy? Those who stand in food lines every day?

Those who applied for 5,000 baht handout and got denied?

Wouldn't it just be much (better) easier to approve the 28 million applicants the 5,000 baht?

Fully agree. All these pledges of this and that don't really seem beneficial at the moment when people need money for food and drink. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, lensta said:

My guess is the government coffers are empty, that is why prayut is out with the begging cup. Surely there would be enough money to help the Thai people if they reallocated the money meant for submarines???

Aren't the Submarines being paid for on the "never never" - I'm sorry, I meant by successive tranches of funding in various financial years.

In other words, they don't have the cash.

It strikes me that the same is true for many if not all of the extravagant infrastructure and facility proposals made over the last five years. They seem always to be in "the final stages of negotiation", "awaiting financial backing", " work is due to start next year". I rather suspect ( we will never know and would love to be proved wrong) that the outgoings from the exchequer, to fund a bloated armed forces with unchecked shopping lists, seemingly unaudited and unaccountable state enterprises and any  number of lifestyles, business opportunities and overseas investments leaves little if anything to spare when something like this pandemic comes along.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hotrudester said:

I find this very good news to read. Whatever the monetary sums end up being you can believe that at least some will get to the people who need it most. So we have to acknowledge and appreciate, thank and give credit to the donors for providing such funds. Long may this generosity continue!!

"move to another country!!"

Congrats - first one today!

Everybody sit back and relax.

Will any of this pledged money go to the needy? NO.

Wil it be skimmed by ordinary public servants? No.

Will it be skimmed by the government so called officials? Yes.

Will it find its way to the needy? No.

So there you have it. <deleted>.

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, smudger1951 said:

As I am aware a majority of thais in Pattaya have had to survive the lockdown with no financial support or food distribution from official sources since March 23rd.

I heard similar news. Absolutely disgusting. We all know that Thailand is not a rich country but neither is it that poor, it is firmly in the "bracket" of developing country so you would think that the limited funds they may have would be to support the poor and desperate and prop up the healthcare system. However it's Thailand so of course that doesn't hsppen, the promise of 5,00 baht (which is hardly a lot of money never happened, or it happened in very limited capacity) i guess the only blessing is the climate as it has helped suppress the spread of the virus so hopefully now the poor and desperate working class in Thailand can get back to work. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Hate to even think it but i would say the majority of this money will go to the 'Greedy' and not the 'Needy'  !

Of course, I wouldn't expect any different from Thailand. The corrupt and wealthy gotta buy that new car this year.

• Thanks 1

Khoun Chang ,

has made a significant donation on conditions that Alcohol bans are removed ,

and prices hiked by 10 per cent .   What a perfect business plan .

We are in complete control ...

Edited by elliss

3 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

Of course, I wouldn't expect any different from Thailand. The corrupt and wealthy gotta buy that new car this year.

Corruption and paprika salad , are unique to Thailand ..

13 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Put my money on it that’s why we had a big u turn on the alcohol ban  

Yeah! How long time normaly get new thing going in Royal Gazette! This alcohol ban thing going there before even publish it! 

Soon somebody have new Patek Philippes-l300.jpg.b640f6ee6905efffb72923b422f01ce9.jpg

Only 2.4 million bth!

Maybe too sheap for great man!

8 hours ago, Phuket Pete said:

Bury The scruffy and dangerous power cables. This will smarten up the tourist area's and give much needed work to Thais.

Thai Cables.jpg

This poor man's been up there for five days trying to disentangle his leg. 

• Haha 1