Thailand reports just one new COVID-19 case

webfact

5 hours ago, Guderian said:

Meanwhile India, which has been under a stricter lockdown than Thailand for a longer period, reported almost 4,000 new cases on Monday and 195 deaths. So what is Thailand doing right that India is doing wrong?

OK, so what is the population of India? something close to a Billion? What's the population of Thailand? 70 million? So why do you think right or wrong has anything to do with it?

5 hours ago, sapson said:

Just 1 positive out of a population of 70 million....... the daily flatulence from the ministry!

Magical Thailand, next illusion feeding their own people.?

Maybe tomorrow they can go for zero positive from a total of 3 tested nationwide!! with a crowd of generals all back slapping pointing at a huge zero in congratulations.

What a photo op that would be along with some photos of the queueing Thais waiting for a food handout from a group of farangs!!

I had to login to agree with you. Anywhere else, leaders would worry about a hungry unemployed electorate and losing the next election.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

BIDI has since gotten a spanking new machine and some reagents:

It's unknown how long those donated reagents will last and how big a supply they have. 

There is only one patient left in BIDI today. The maximum number was about 800. 

Edited by DavisH
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DavisH said:

There is only one patient left in BIDI today. The maximum number was about 800. 

BIDI is a hospital with 250 beds. What's your source?

http://bamras.ddc.moph.go.th/checkup/about-division.php?Id_click=163&topic_menu=วัคซีนเพื่อการเดินทางต่างประเทศ&main_menu=บริการ&table=menu_service&Id_menu=32

This is a 250-bed hospital and belongs to the Department of Disease Control. The BIDI has 941 staffs. 

2 hours ago, visacrack said:

Permit me to publish this concept

Swimming in standard pools (25 m) without infection risk

This can be done if organised properly:

The pool will be opened for swimmers only, not splashers or sun-tanners. They must register a day earlier in a list. If it is a 7-lane pool like the one at <deleted>, Pattaya, then open lanes 1, 4 and 7. Every swimmer receives one of these lanes, and they get 1/2 hour, staggered, thus from minute 00 to 30 on lane 1, 10 to 40 lane 4, 20 to 50 lane 7. This way, there is no risk for contact, not even in the toilet/shower building. Of course, they won't stay in the pool area longer than necessary. A condo supervisor can check that the rules will be observed. But as there are swimmers only (thus maybe 20 people a day), no splashers or sun-tanners, this will hardly be necessary.

Please remember: It is apparently not Covid that kills, it is lifestyle diseases (LSD) being accelerated by covid. LSD are being caused by body fat excess, something that can be prevented through proper nutrition and sufficient sports (! swimming). So prohibiting swimming indirectly promotes covid mortality. Not to mention that swimming has a number of other positive health effects that are lost through the present blockade.

Feel free to share   .)

I like your idea of a sign-up sheet to use the pool but I don't think I want someone dictating that I have to be swimming laps with my half hour of pool time in order to use the pool.  If you follow that logic, the next thing would be only residents who can lift a certain amount of weight will be allowed to use the gym and the weight equipment.

I'm paying my share of condo fees to run the pool and if I want to just splash around for my half hour that should be up to me.  I actually don't just splash around but I am not swimming laps the whole time, either.  My pool has no lap lanes but it is very large and, if 2 people were allowed at a time, one could swim laps if he wished on one side and the other person could do water stretching exercises or whatever they want to do with their time on the other side.  

If someone says the answer is 20 but doesn't tell you any details of how they got to that number, you either believe it or not. It isn't about logic or science. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sapson said:

Just 1 positive out of a population of 70 million....... the daily flatulence from the ministry!

Magical Thailand, next illusion feeding their own people.?

Maybe tomorrow they can go for zero positive from a total of 3 tested nationwide!! with a crowd of generals all back slapping pointing at a huge zero in congratulations.

What a photo op that would be along with some photos of the queueing Thais waiting for a food handout from a group of farangs!!

Thank you farang for dooing that free food give away. 

Thai people in Australia are doing free food give away also . It is all over the facebooks. But oh well , farang ego always prevent you from doing the research , just living in your own outdated tiny bubble

Thousands of Thai individuals and companies in Thailand have donated ranging from 50 baht -700 million baht each already. Hope farang here in Thailand can do that too. What about 1 millions baht from farang. go!! we will be very appreciated.

Do you know 7+ Thai people in UK died from Covid. They did not even have chance to admit to the hospitals due to medical melt down. How many farang Brit has died from Covid inThailand again?

It is 228,000 tests performed as of 4 May by the way.

Edited by Ratchsima

25 minutes ago, Ratchsima said:

Um, if a test is only a test if we know and count the results, then I think the number of tests performed as of today is much lower than that. I think it's more in the range of 50,000. 

Dr. Tuner, am I correct?

7 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Give it time, now that the alcohol ban has been lifted and mostly Thai's, and some others getting closer together and not adhering to social distancing rules IMO.

:burp:????

Misuse of apostrophe. 5000 baht fine. There should be no apostrophe when referring to several Thais. One Thai's personal decision to drink is another matter. Just in case you're tempted to call any Thai people stupid, well there's something lacking in your basic education and command of the English language. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, zyphodb said:

OK, so what is the population of India? something close to a Billion? What's the population of Thailand? 70 million? So why do you think right or wrong has anything to do with it?

population of the US: 328 million. Nearly 3000 new cases per day, over 1.16 million cases total, 67,000 dead. More dead than in the Entire Viet Nam war. For those who must keep track, the US is the worst, because of guess who?

1 hour ago, Ratchsima said:

Thousands of Thai individuals and companies in Thailand have donated ranging from 50 baht -700 million baht each already. Hope farang here in Thailand can do that too. What about 1 millions baht from farang. go!! we will be very appreciated.

Do you know 7+ Thai people in UK died from Covid. They did not even have chance to admit to the hospitals due to medical melt down. How many farang Brit has died from Covid inThailand again?

Oh we can do better than 1 million baht my friend, the US has already donated around 65 million Baht to Thailand and thats just one example.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2020/03/20/us-donates-2-million-to-thailand-for-combating-virus/

Can you provide evidence of 7+ Thai people that have died in the UK without getting admitted to a hospital because of the melt down? The reason I ask is because the UK Hospitals have all been coping very well, none were full infact the new ones built especially for the crisis remain empty.

6 hours ago, Guderian said:

Well your 6-year old must be almost as dumb as you evidently are, lol.

How does having a population just twenty times as large as Thailand's result in four thousand times as many new cases in one day, as well as 195 deaths compared with none in Thailand for several days now?

Population density. Relative socioeconomic  circumstances. Compliance/cognition to/of mitigation reasons.

Variable factors give  variable outcomes as yet non qualifiable.

Assumptions applied  to a  6 year old  equally so .

I have personally donated over 100,000 baht to not only a few Thai families I know in Phuket, but have also donated to the one hospital, Kongkra Hospital that requested assistance.  I hope that anyone who has the funds, since we are locked down would assist those in need......if you want proof I will PM you my  transfer receipts from my account..... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Misuse of apostrophe. 5000 baht fine. There should be no apostrophe when referring to several Thais. One Thai's personal decision to drink is another matter. Just in case you're tempted to call any Thai people stupid, well there's something lacking in your basic education and command of the English language. 

Thais are wonderful. Thais are smart. Thais are industrious.

That ought to do it. An anyone saying not is just dumb. Sez me.

3 hours ago, revup said:

Both sides form groups and both sides have those who forget about distancing. But, there are a lot more Thais over here than there are Falang, so yes it is mostly Thais.

Went to Big C in the big town this evening around 6pm, the food market was so crowded with people being shoulder to shoulder, as we drove by, my Mrs said homey stop, I want to get some bananas, I said, not a chance in the world, she said I will be careful, I said, are you FN serious, and kept driving, she said, you love me that much, I said, nah, just don't want you to infect me ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

I think that 228,000 figure comes from the daily talking head show and includes tests done at Chula, Mahidol, etc. It's probably a legit number, MoPH does get reports.

However the tests that could lead to a change in the daily confirmation count are a small subset of the 228k. The reference labs that do the confirmations can probably churn out something like 400-500 tests per day (unchanged since the beginning) and you need two for a confirmation. Max capability to confirm in a day might hover somewhere around 200-250. 

We have no numbers at all about how many positives are in the non-reference lab results, except the odd leak from provincial labs.

Everything that can be said about this government's (note the apostrophe) rubbery figures has already been said. Yet there are still the odd few fellows floating around, for whom there appears to be some sort of comfort in being gullible. They came to the right place.

Leave the poor buggers to their fairy tales I reckon. it won't matter come the day of the rapture anyway. I'll be floating upwards on that day, I know because Jesus told me (or was it Buddha, I can't quite recall, but it was definitely one of them).

Hope it doesn't rain...

Well done, Thailand and Vietnam for being the lowest cases in East Asia.

Let's hope the alcohol won't cause things to get worse.

Edited by EricTh
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Went to Big C in the big town this evening around 6pm, the food market was so crowded with people being shoulder to shoulder, as we drove by, my Mrs said homey stop, I want to get some bananas, I said, not a chance in the world, she said I will be careful, I said, are you FN serious, and kept driving, she said, you love me that much, I said, nah, just don't want you to infect me ????

Does she call you "homey"? That's cute!

4 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Correction. The 800 number was reported in the Thai press today but has since been corrected. The peak number of covid patients was 120+. 

14 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

Its because it was a holiday yesterday! I still cannot understand how the 40 out of 78 in the deep south who tested positive, twice, yesterday, can now just disappear from the stats!

They use mirrors 

17 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Give it time, now that the alcohol ban has been lifted and mostly Thai's, and some others getting closer together and not adhering to social distancing rules IMO.

:burp:????

Take a close look at BTS line... sardines in a tin can comes to mind, small groups of family/friends pales into insignificance.

If you bunch up in a restaurant they'll close you down immediately is the latest threat from above, so close down transport system or turn a blind eye?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dinsdale said:

If anyone believes this they must be either insane or stupid. China, Wuhan, 0 infections:cheesy:. I've been saying this for ages Prayut is taking this straight from the CCP playbook of non-transperency and misinformation. Add to that a complete lack of testing and you get this absolute lie to the people of Thailand. Unfortunately there are many blind sheep that will take this as truth.

it might sound funny, but acctually a very very dangerous game.

acctually this is how all this nightmare started.

the CCP chinese covered up the initial outbreak, do not want to share information,

and the result is horrific.

thailand is much weaker than china, if a serious outbreak will ever happan

here. of this or other virus, it will be punished severly.

31 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Take a close look at BTS line... sardines in a tin can comes to mind, small groups of family/friends pales into insignificance.

If you bunch up in a restaurant they'll close you down immediately is the latest threat from above, so close down transport system or turn a blind eye?

Agree.

Was driving through a town in Isaan at about 6pm yesterday and saw a hug crowd on the street, so close to each other, what was all the commotion, I wondered, well as we got closer, there was a side street, it was vendors selling food all the way down the street which was chokers, wife said to me, I will get out and get some bananas; I said pigs a$$ you will, look how close everyone is together, she said; I will be careful, I said; it's not you I'm worried about, forget it, it ain't going to happen, hmmm, love me so much she said, nah I said, don't you to infect me ????

Can't believe the discrepancies with the social distancing rules, if they are wanting to try herd immunity, well this would have been a perfect opportunity, albeit it was outdoors and they say the virus doesn't live long that way, whether there is any truth in that, not willing to test it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

Another cynical and unfair bogus reply from a forum farang.

Thailand handles this crisis very profesional with amazing results. 

Leaders who make their decsions based on facts and medical advice, and a united population who understands the seriousness of this crisis. The result is great, no chaos and a controlled epidemy.

If you want to spout your cynical dribble save it for, ummmm. America? Leaders who politisize this crisis, encourage its citizens to be unruly and NOT comply with local crisis measurements, suggest injecting bleach might be a cure, and try to distract from their own failing by playing the blame game towards China and the WHO. Pure mismanagement. 

You can be happy that you are in Thailand during this crisis.

Thousands dead from Chinese Flu and thousands starving and unemployed 

Yet you give them a pat on the back

Despicable stuff!

23 hours ago, webfact said:

The number of new confirmed Covid-19 cases in the country today (May 5) was just one

One new case.  Oh my doesn't that call for stringent new measures to stop the spread.  After all Thailand has had 52 deaths from Covid 19 so far which is 3 fewer than the average number of people killed each day from traffic accidents each and every day.