Shoppers may get two hour time limit when visiting malls

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

These are probably the same people who don't touch door handles when entering and leaving a mall/bar toilet. Sometimes I don't bother washing my hands if I see these people in the mall/bar toilet as I know it disgusts them 555.

such behaviour disgusts pretty much everyone.

• Haha 1

i'm  willing to bet the vast majority of those wanting the social distancing and closures and all this nonsense to continue are old people. 

i wish there was more effect on the elderly population. sick to death of the world they created and ruined for us younger folk.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Lordie, no need to try. You are disgusting. That residual pee on your hand will find its way to your face, food and loved ones. Ok, scratch the last no way you have any.

Hardly going to die with a bit of pee on your hand are you????

7 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Lordie, no need to try. You are disgusting. That residual pee on your hand will find its way to your face, food and loved ones. Ok, scratch the last no way you have any.

but isn't pee pee sterile ?

Just now, mr mr said:

i'm  willing to bet the vast majority of those wanting the social distancing and closures and all this nonsense to continue are old people. 

i wish there was more effect on the elderly population. sick to death of the world they created and ruined for us younger folk.

Well the current crisis does seem to be thinning the numbers.

You can be sure they are mulling over some intrusive police state tracking app that they will want on your phone.....And the sheep will be lining up by the thousands to be the first ones to put the new cool tracking ap on their phone...... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redwood1 said:

You can be sure they are mulling over some intrusive police state tracking app that they will want on your phone.....And the sheep will be lining up by the thousands to be the first ones to put the new cool tracking ap on their phone...... 

Over in the UK they have lumped it on the Isle of Wight to be the Guinea Pigs. Low number of habitants, lower infection rate. Rolled out today. They have had a good uptake apparently but lots of sceptism re where it will all end. 

• Like 1

That said on my regularly shopping visits to Tops ,

I see many farlangs wandering aimlessly,  just looking not buying , so sad.

Better they isolate ,  with a  Kindle or two , forever . Rip.

Edited by elliss

2 hours ago, sprq said:

And if you've overstayed, what then? A fine, jail time, what? Enforced by who?

" ... by who?"

The very same people that have enforced the booze ban so well and subsequently stopped all mom's and pop's stores selling booze illegally. 

The very same agency that have enforced the social distancing rules so well (sans rural Thailand, poo yai's and their friends and family, and of course the wealthy)

The very same agency that stops kids riding bikes without helmets and licenses, and the very same "force" that comes down hard on man-children drunkenly speeding around town and owning the outside lanes on the highways. 

Why do you need to ask? ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, blackcab said:

I don't see anything to stop people walking out after 1 hour 59 minutes and then walking back in again for another round.

Which is why it won't work.

Now, THAT'S the sort of lateral thinking that has got this country to where it is today.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

At a media briefing on Tuesday, Prayuth Chan-Ocha said Thailand was preparing for the next stage of opening.

Some of the measures being considered by the Cabinet concerns the reopening of shopping malls, with people being given a two hour window in which to do their shopping.

Dance little people, dance for your masters.....

image3.jpeg.47ce360b22561baa56112b45c4b03908.jpeg

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, blackcab said:

I don't see anything to stop people walking out after 1 hour 59 minutes and then walking back in again for another round.

Which is why it won't work.

Actually a very good point. Out one door and in the other. No way they can prevent this without entering people's baat prachachons into a computer.

4 hours ago, Greenhill said:

Has he got any idea how malls would control a maximum number of people entering, when they've probsbly got a number of entrances?  Also how would they control the 2 hour time limit?   Solutions will be most interesting, I'm sure!

Isn't it obvious???  They open only one entrance and let the "Crowd" wait outside.

I don't get how they will police this.

Say there is one thousand people in a mall.

Do they all get personal minders with stop watches to keep an eye on the time ?

Or does each shopper get an electric collar that starts shocking you at the 1 hour 45 minute mark and gradually gets stronger up to the two hour mark ?

Or maybe, the shoppers can be like Keanu Reeves in the film Speed. Plant a small bomb on each shopper with a two hour countdown. Get out before two hours or explode.  Sounds reasonable and achievable in Thailand .

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, CRUNCHER said:

To all of the whingers the answer is simple.  Don't open malls for another month.

Some people just do not get where we are at.  A fresh outbreak of cases and we will be back to square one.

a  whole  54  deaths, wow!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Do you not even think there is some merit in the idea,

These are unprecedented circumstances you know.

Going by malls in Pattaya that require lots of tourists to survive (Central & Terminal 21), no there's no merit. Some shops or restaurants may do ok, but most will not be able to cover their running costs with such a ridiculous policy. Most shops weren't doing well in pre-covid-19 times, when there was no customer limit.

The government continues to come up with more dumb ideas everyday, of how they can further destroy businesses. My prediction, (I don't wish this as I enjoy mall shopping) is that the big malls will soon resemble empty canions after they reopen. The only way to slow this down will be for the landlords to offer free rent, or very cheap rent for an extended period of time, and that won't save them all either as most of all they need spending tourists to survive.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, YetAnother said:

what if you are in a long checkout line at the 2 hour point ? typical thai thought process (lack of)

As Thais go to shopping mall only for air-con that they don't have at home.....no checkout line.