Tesco Lotus sets new procedure for alcoholic beverages sales amid Covid-19 risk

webfact

2 hours ago, transam said:

Takes a farang company to sort stuff out.....????

Um, Tesco recently sold their shareholding in TescoLotus to CP Group. I’m not sure if the deal has closed yet, but it’s been announced.

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Um, Tesco recently sold their shareholding in TescoLotus to CP Group. I’m not sure if the deal has closed yet, but it’s been announced.

You are talking about money, not the farang operation, aren't you....????

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

I would find this embarrassing.  No other countries in the region behave this way.  One of the few joys Thai have left is an occasional drink.  Don't think they drink as much as those in Indochina, and yet there is order.   It is just embarrassing.

Maybe not alcohol related but just as embarrassing, no?

At least the Thais refrained from sampling the goods before purchase.:biggrin:

https://tuoitrenews.vn/news/business/20190523/riotlike-chaos-erupts-at-auchan-outlets-ahead-of-chains-exit-from-vietnam/50062.html

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

Using their LOAF

Interesting comment.  During WWII in England farmers and lorry owners, like my uncle who owned 12 lorries, could buy as much petrol as they needed to run their vehicles.  The petrol was dyed pink for identification purposes.  Much was syphoned off and sold.  The buyer would place a loaf of bread, with one heel removed, on top of a container and pour the liquid into the loaf.  When the petrol was collected the dye had been strained out and was the normal colour.

'nuf sed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lee b said:

It makes alot of sense, the scenes from a few days back were shocking.

Have they been repeated?

Is it now a permanent problem?

Or were they a one off, the result of the lifting of a ban which had been imposed for a few days at short notice, and then arbitrarily and considerably extended? Whilst many, vendors and buyers, may have reluctantly accepted the initial ban, they saw the subsequent extension, and the lack of transparency over relaxing or further extensions, coinciding as they did with the regime effectively asking for "a bung" from the producers and sellers, as likely to mean another arbitrary ban would be imposed shortly. Hence the urgency, particularly on the part of small businesses, to restock.

As so often, the consequences of their inchoate actions, make the problem worse.

You see, it does make quite a difference doesn't it - unless you were too shocked by the appalling scenes to consider that.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

Interesting comment.  During WWII in England farmers and lorry owners, like my uncle who owned 12 lorries, could buy as much petrol as they needed to run their vehicles.  The petrol was dyed pink for identification purposes.  Much was syphoned off and sold.  The buyer would place a loaf of bread, with one heel removed, on top of a container and pour the liquid into the loaf.  When the petrol was collected the dye had been strained out and was the normal colour.

'nuf sed.

How did the bread taste?

From memory I can remember someone saying it would actually stain inside the tank and carb'  as well and that would be as proof you had used 'illegal' fuel.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

Takes a farang company to sort stuff out.....????

yeah now they just need to get there inventory built, went there two days and all they had left for beer was a couple of four packs of Chang, will be going to town again tomorrow so will give it one more try, still have enough for another week, but don't want to get caught with my pants down in case they decide to do another ban - 555

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, apetryxx said:

None of this nonsense would have taken place if the alcohol ban hadn’t been instituted in the first place. Nobody in government has yet to come up with any reasonable explanation as to what any of these moronic rules, and there are many, have anything to do with the Wuhan Virus. My take is, as is the case with most dictatorships, control, in what ever form is the cudgel used to keep the populace in line. In our particular case here in Thailand, a very very small percentage of the population who were infected were used as an excuse to impose what amounts to martial law. Think about what has been done to every day life, the economy, entertainment, transportation or just the plain happiness of those around you. All of this misery and inconvenience based on the whims of one man.

You've missed the real point, it was nothing to do with the virus or well being of the people or the country......... It was to stave off riots well over due....... Every swinging D*&^ knows it....... Dodged a bullet for the time being..... Still on the menu though...... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stubby52 said:

Well done tesco don't want them reinstating any bans do we.

Interesting, but didn't Tesco Lotus (Thailand and Malaysia) sell out to the CP Group for 10.6 billion US$ earlier this year? CP Group now using the brand name?

• Like 1