Tesco Lotus sets new procedure for alcoholic beverages sales amid Covid-19 risk

webfact

4 hours ago, transam said:

But the farang type operation sticks...????

It's called "Using their LOAF"...........................????

A statement that cannot be applied to the half-witted drunks who caused the problem in the first place by acting like a load of first grade grumpy kids. I want. I want. I want etc etc

4 hours ago, transam said:

But the farang type operation sticks...????

It's called "Using their LOAF"...........................????

Not true!

Tesco Lotus, like most other thai store, does not know anything about logistics! 

1 minute ago, mrfill said:

A statement that cannot be applied to the half-witted drunks who caused the problem in the first place by acting like a load of first grade grumpy kids. I want. I want. I want etc etc

What, the government......?  ????...................????

This whole alcohol mess is only happening in Thailand. And its caused by an extremist religionist low intelligence prime minister's attempts to eliminate alcohol because of his religious beliefs. And using COVID to push forward that agenda.

Nothing to with reducing the numbers of cases below R=1. It already close to zero. Nothing to do with re-starting the economy which he should be focused on.

It would be good for the Thai's to look at what is happening in neighbouring countries to see how their low brow leader has his boot on their necks.

Edited by Ketyo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, theoldgit said:

I wonder why they were bedlam the day before alcohol went back on sale, maybe regular shoppers wanted to buy the regular stuff before those wanting alcohol hit the store.

We actually went to a Makro on Sunday at 11.00, whilst there were long queues of beer laden trollies waiting to check out, it certainly wasn't bedlam, we thought we'd made a mistake going at that time, by the time we reached the check-out, and I will admit that we a box of wine, at 11.45 it was all pretty much back to normal, will one person ahead of us at the check-out. 

The Box was empty by 12.45

3 hours ago, spermwhale said:

It is a Thai-owned affiliate. I've been to Tesco's Thai headquarters. I can't tell you how many foreigners I saw working in their offices. At least a hundred, probably more. 

Go to Microsoft, Oracle, Google, Facebook, head quarters or any other fortune 100 company head quarters or for that matter any Silicon Valley office and you would see overwhelming number of Indians. How does it matter?

3 hours ago, theoldgit said:

I wonder why they were bedlam the day before alcohol went back on sale, maybe regular shoppers wanted to buy the regular stuff before those wanting alcohol hit the store.

We actually went to a Makro on Sunday at 11.00, whilst there were long queues of beer laden trollies waiting to check out, it certainly wasn't bedlam, we thought we'd made a mistake going at that time, by the time we reached the check-out, and I will admit that we a box of wine, at 11.45 it was all pretty much back to normal, will one person ahead of us at the check-out. 

Pretty much the same for our Pranburi Makro at 12:30 Sunday. Stocks were low, but no bedlam.

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Easier just to buy alcohol at other places that don't have so many restrictions on opening time.

Usually cheaper as well.

And...many things out of stock.

Like to buy a box of 3 ltr wine, sorry out of stock.

But Villa Market, that's the place to be.

• Thanks 1

Just now, CiderFizz said:

The only reason you get surges of customers to buy drinks is the flip flop decisions of the government. It is the worry that the government will reimpose the ban that causes the problem. Steady as she goes. 

You don't think all the mom and pop stores needing to restock had anything to do with it?

6 hours ago, transam said:

Takes a farang company to sort stuff out.....????

Sorry, not a Farang (English) company anymore but, for about a month, a Thai one which includes Makro and 7 Eleven. Not beginners hey ? There are some pretty smart Thais around, you should notice. I am a Farang. 

6 hours ago, overherebc said:

I sanitize my loaves ( loafes ) ?

by spraying them with vodka before eating. 

Vodka, along with many other spirits, is 40% alcohol. You need at least 70% alcohol for sanitation to be effective. Toasting or microwaving is probably cheaper.

Why would any self respecting Farang shop at the BIG Tesco Lotus stores?

The little ones are OK, but the big one in Chiang Mai didn't have any decent cheeses.  Just the fake, processed cheese.

Even Big C in little old Chiang Rai has decent imported cheese from all around the world.

I don't get it. ????

No one has died from COVID. Always underlying conditions. The CDC in the US has said it's impact is less than the Flu! Yet they still keep the lockdown? Here we had one person tested with the non lethal COVID yesterday and under 300 in hospital and a 99% recovery rate. Why are we still having and putting up with these rediculous restrictions that are causing poverty, unhealthy people with no work and no money. The government has not paid a satang to my wife or her family despite challanging claims that they were farmers? Living snd working in central Bangkok. Open up. Stop this fear mongering. Or close the roads as they are far more dangerous!

• Like 1