Banyin, alleged accomplices hit with 10 charges over murder of judge's brother

webfact

Banyin, alleged accomplices hit with 10 charges over murder of judge's brother

By The Nation

800_79267c45aa3b102.jpg?v=1588925675

Ex-deputy commerce minister Banyin Tangpakorn and five accomplices accused of involvement in the murder of a judge’s brother have been slapped with 10 charges.

Crime Suppression Division (CSD) commander Pol Maj-Gen Jiraphop Phuridet said the accused are charged with premeditated murder, detention, detention to cause death, acting against another person’s will, acting against a government official’s will, criminal association, hiding a body, making an attempt to eliminate a body, acting as a government official and wearing official uniforms without permission.

Banyin has denied all charges and will give testimony in a trial but one of the alleged offenders has reportedly confessed to burning the body and hiding the body parts in different spots, while the others still denied it.

Regarding Banyin’s associates, Jiraphop said there was no evidence that they were involved with the murder.

The police are quite confident of the evidence they have gathered from six alleged offenders, 111 witnesses, 4,259 pages of 11 documents that they found, despite the accused denying the charges.

Banyin is accused in four separate cases involving document falsification to transfer shares, murder using a car, money laundering and the murder of a judge’s brother.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387515

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-08

So, this is an additional body to the "Weekend at Bernie's" Lexus crash victim?

He was sentenced to 8-years prison in March, 2020 for that.

Now it's a Judges brother that he incinerated, chopped into 4-parts and buried the parts in different spots?

...and they still think he killed wife 29 years ago.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, webfact said:

the accused are charged with premeditated murder, detention, detention to cause death, acting against another person’s will, acting against a government official’s will, criminal association, hiding a body, making an attempt to eliminate a body, acting as a government official and wearing official uniforms without permission.

I wonder how many days of prison is "acting against another person’s will". Can I sue all people they are acting against my will - by example my wife?

• Haha 1

I think they just about covered everything,in the charges

"wearing official uniforms without permission." yes they

even go as far as that, if acquitted of murder and other

charges they might be found guilty of that.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

They would have to be in prison to be let out again.............:whistling:

Somchai Khunpluem (Kamnan Poh), the Godfather of Chonburi, father of Pattaya's current mayor and a former mayor, was convicted of murder and corruption and never served a day in jail. TiT

Edited by Phil McCaverty
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Somchai Khunpluem (Kamnan Poh), the Godfather of Chonburi, father of Pattaya's current mayor and a former mayor, was convicted of murder and corruption and never served a day in jail. TiT

Yeah, but in the end he had to flee to Cambodia. Interesting guy. He was mayor of a village near Bang Saen, a beautiful beach just south of Chon Buri, and the villagers loved him. He did a lot to improve their lives. Started out as penniless immigrant from China, his son was elected to Parliament.

26 minutes ago, Acharn said:

Yeah, but in the end he had to flee to Cambodia. Interesting guy. He was mayor of a village near Bang Saen, a beautiful beach just south of Chon Buri, and the villagers loved him. He did a lot to improve their lives. Started out as penniless immigrant from China, his son was elected to Parliament.

He died in hospital in Chonburi. After his conviction he lived in luxury at home. Although under house arrest was often seen being chauffeur driven around town.

He was Thai. Born in Chonburi. His father was also a village headman. Hated and feared by just about everyone. Interesting? If you're interesting in murderous torturing thugs, I guess so.

On 5/9/2020 at 6:20 PM, Phil McCaverty said:

He died in hospital in Chonburi. After his conviction he lived in luxury at home. Although under house arrest was often seen being chauffeur driven around town.

He was Thai. Born in Chonburi. His father was also a village headman. Hated and feared by just about everyone. Interesting? If you're interesting in murderous torturing thugs, I guess so.

He was Thai? Strange, the Bangkok Post ran lengthy profiles on him a couple of times and said he was from China. Well, he wasn't interesting enough for me to look it up. You're certainly right, he was a murderous thug.