Unsecured Loans, Advise needed

Hi,
I have lived in Bangkok now for 35 years and have been married to a Thai for the last 6.
My wife would like to start a small business but unfortunately we lack the financing need. 100,000฿ is needed for startup. It has been well thought out with a good business plan.
What we are looking for is a good reliable lender with sensible interest rates to provide us with an unsecured loan.
I am familiar with all the horror stories associated with these people, hence this post.
This why I am asking anyone who may be able to point me in the right direction would be very welcome.
Any advice you can give me would be very welcome. Many thanks.

unsecured loan !  .......  forget it ,   the interest rate will be so high you will end up in financial trouble.

Haven't you heard there is a world wide virus happening ... so unless your opening a factory that makes face masks or you have a vaccine ....  don't even think about it,  wait a year or so.

• Like 1

If you want sensible rates from someone who does not know you - then you will need to come up with sensible terms which would require either security or some proof, like income, that you will be able to repay the loan... 

If it were as well thought out as you say, finding a small sum such as 100k baht should have been thought out too... 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 9:46 PM, blackcab said:

You will have the best chance from your wife's family and friends. This is the normal route taken by Thai people.

You are looking for, "a good reliable lender with sensible interest rates to provide us with an unsecured loan". Formal lenders will be looking for people with a good credit history and the ability to repay the loan.

Do either of you have a good credit history or a stable source of income?

Agree, but please borrow from a loan shark.

There are many people that could loan that but the issues you are going to have is 

what is the business and have you run one before.

There is going to have to be some sort of collateral(either an objector parts of your bodies)

25% interest

Don't you need at least 200k in the bank for a spousal visa? (Could be wrong).  But if that's right,maybe use that and do visa runs until it's recouped.   Cheaper than paying 28-30% interest from a loan shark.  Oh, also recently found out that some take an additional 16% from the loan sum for insurance.

30 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

Don't you need at least 200k in the bank for a spousal visa? (Could be wrong).  But if that's right,maybe use that and do visa runs until it's recouped.   Cheaper than paying 28-30% interest from a loan shark.  Oh, also recently found out that some take an additional 16% from the loan sum for insurance.

400,000 THB

4 minutes ago, frequentatore said:

400,000 THB

Even at say 14% unsecured bank interest, that's 14000b interest each year.   Probably cover the cost of a couple of visa runs at least.  And no risk of being knee capped by a loan shark.

So my ex was in the loanshark business. Lending 10000bht gives my gf 400bht a day until repayed. Now you go calculate the interest. And you better pay up because for 10000bht you will end up in a trunk if you dont have the money to pay. It is a good thing that you want to let her open something